Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 199

Author Topic: The TF2 Thread  (Read 177173 times)

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Tested
    • View Profile
The TF2 Thread
« on: July 30, 2008, 08:44:55 AM »

Quote from: Valve Update
-Removed health bonus from the Backburner.

Backburner now useless?  :wat:

Good thing I always used the Air Poofer to begin with. :cool:

Bal

• Cheerful in the face of nuclear armageddon
  • Tested
    • View Profile
Re: The TF2 Thread
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2008, 09:08:26 AM »

Backburner is only useless if you're an incompetent. The health bonus was an unnecessary crutch. The back-crits are more than enough for anyone familiar with old pyro to dominate.

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2008, 09:15:35 AM »

I feel that the back crits just turn an almost-guaranteed kill(reaching somebody in melee when they're unaware of you) to a guaranteed kill(well, at least he died twice as fast from the most damaging melee range weapon in the game!)

I really needed the +50 health to outweigh the enormous benefits I got from being able to cock-fight with soldiers.

Oh, and poofing giant obvious piles of eight-stickies away from the gate is really important for making everybody else grow a pair at the spawn.

Norondor

• Where I'm at is: Fuck you, get shot
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2008, 12:29:14 PM »

And i fucking love the backburner fix, it cut down on the  pyros that thought that the only strategy involved was holding down W and the Left mouse button.

::(: :facepalm: ::(:  :facepalm: ::(: :facepalm: ::(: :facepalm: ::(: :facepalm: ::(: :facepalm: ::(: :facepalm: ::(: :facepalm: ::(: :facepalm: ::(: :facepalm: ::(: :facepalm: ::(: :facepalm: ::(: :facepalm: ::(: :facepalm: ::(: :facepalm: ::(: :facepalm: ::(: :facepalm: ::(: :facepalm:

MadMAxJr

• Tested
    • View Profile
    • RPG Q&A
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2008, 11:19:56 AM »

On the first day of Heavy update, valve gave to me, a shiny new map preeeeviewwwwwww.
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt." - Bertrand Russell

Got questions about RPGs?

Saturn

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2008, 12:46:07 PM »

Well, new for some people

Norondor

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2008, 12:50:36 PM »

God willing they'll never become so hard up that they use any of the Orange maps.

Saturn

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2008, 12:59:00 PM »

Big difference between the Community maps we got with the pyro update and Steel:

STEEL IS WORTH PLAYING.

Norondor

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2008, 01:15:07 PM »

FASTLANE IS FUN YOU FAGGOT

Bal

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2008, 01:28:50 PM »

I can't imagine that will ever happen.

Speaking of Orange maps, those things are inexplicable to me. They exist in every Valve multiplayer game, and they're this kind of minimalist expression of the game that removes any strategy other than seeing someone, and shooting them.

I first saw them in Day of Defeat, and there are few games less suited to it. Only Call of Duty 4, whose camo system is even better, would be more ridiculous.

Norondor

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2008, 03:18:46 PM »

Yeah, in TF2 they are basically SNIPER AND SCOUT ONRY. No cover for spies, no chokes for engies or demomen. It's the pits.

Saturn

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2008, 03:31:46 PM »

FASTLANE IS FUN YOU FAGGOT

YEAH IF YOU LIKE DEADLOCKS MAYBE.

I BET YOU LIKE HYDRO TOO YOU CLOWN

Bal

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2008, 03:36:08 PM »

I've never deadlocked on Fastlane. Maybe you should play with people who don't suck, or try to suck less yourself. Whichever seems appropriate.

Catloaf

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2008, 04:20:45 PM »

My experience with Fastlane is not that people suck.  But everyone is quite skilled.  Leading to deadlocks.  You see, if one team sucks.  Then they don't get to the deadlock point (the last point) and hooray that round took all of 30 seconds.  But when no one sucks, the attackers keep the defenders inside, and the defenders kill all who manage to get into the cap room because they've given up even trying to get to the nearest cap point.

patito

• kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2008, 04:34:21 PM »

I've found that the biggest problem with fastlane is that the point before the last point is way easier for the attacker to get than it is for the defenders, so if you cap the central control point, it's basically a steam roll all the way in (well, until the very last bit of the last point). Badlands does not have this problem, as the spire is way easier for the defenders to recap than it is for the attackers to get it.

MadMAxJr

• Tested
    • View Profile
    • RPG Q&A
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2008, 08:14:38 AM »

Not sure this qualifies as news, but I looked in my inbox, and found a promo from a big and tall store.  (Fat people need clothes to you know.)

A notable hero caught my attention.

I wonder if I can buy some Heavy pants.
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt." - Bertrand Russell

Brentai

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnXYVlPgX_o
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2008, 10:22:23 AM »

(Fat people need clothes to you know.)

Huh.  Fat people are weird.  I usually find it easier to you know without clothes.

MadMAxJr

• Tested
    • View Profile
    • RPG Q&A
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2008, 11:55:23 AM »

Huh.  Fat people are weird.  I usually find it easier to you know without clothes.

I am just trying to dispel the popular rumor that fat people are too busy being fat to to anything else.

Back to your gaming news and other slowtakury.

Bal

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2008, 12:48:38 PM »

Must push tiny cart!. New map for Payload, my favorite mode by far, and this one seems to be the Gravel Pit to Goldrush's Dustbowl, which can only be a good thing. Still to be revealed are the new mode, the new maps for that mode, and the remaining heavy weapons. Can't wait.

Catloaf

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2008, 02:59:53 PM »

I hope it's large open areas don't turn it into easy mode (Soldiers, Snipers, and Demomen*) only.

*The Demoman is only easy mode when a certain idiotic play style is applied.  The Soldier and Sniper are easy mode unless a rare, skillful play style is applied.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 199