Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Old Doctor Who  (Read 31336 times)

Thad

• Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • corporate-sellout.com
Re: Old Doctor Who
« Reply #100 on: October 07, 2013, 12:50:27 PM »

Well, Ian Levine's been saying they're real since the shipping manifesto showed up in June; prior to that he was saying everybody was full of shit.

I don't think it's a stretch at this point to think some episodes have probably been found.  But 106 is a fuck of a lot.

Thad

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • corporate-sellout.com
« Reply #101 on: October 10, 2013, 01:53:03 AM »

Radio Times is a real news outlet, right?

Because they're saying there's official confirmation of two recovered Troughton episodes, which will go on sale digitally this week.

The Mirror says there are more to come and the BBC has called a press conference for Tuesday.

Thad

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • corporate-sellout.com
« Reply #102 on: October 10, 2013, 02:52:23 PM »

2 serials, actually, not just 2 episodes.

9 episodes, all told (well, 11, but 2 of them had already been recovered): the entirety of The Enemy of the World, and all but 1 episode of The Web of Fear.  Apparently all of them are on iTunes now (haven't checked, don't use iTunes), and they'll be out on DVD in the coming months.

And yes they WERE from that shipment to Phillip Morris.  Be careful with words like "debunked" -- just because somebody denies something doesn't mean it's been debunked.

Anyway!  9 is rather a lot and something to be pretty thrilled about.  Could there be more?  I wouldn't rule it out but I wouldn't expect it either.  (What I think we can say for sure: they definitely did not recover Web of Fear Part 3; otherwise they would have released it with the rest.  Wouldn't be surprised if they animated it for the DVD release, but for now it's available as audio with stills.)

Wonder if Moffat knew about this when he decided to bring the Great Intelligence back.  Could be a coincidence, but on the other hand it would explain a lot.

Lottel

• You know that's right
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 19, 2013, 05:15:39 PM »

Next Saturday I'm going to a Classic Who con with 5, 6, & 8. Martha, the Sontarans, and the Daleks will be there too. And a few old companions, I think.

I'm having Peter Davidson sign a cricket bat and McGann sign his movie. Thinking of just having everyone else sign a big poster of something generically Doctor Who and non-Doctor specific. Any suggestions for picture to use or other things to sign?

Lottel

• You know that's right
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 23, 2013, 04:21:36 PM »

Also I rewatched An Adventure in Space and Time and holy hells man.

It's a beautiful movie. Even if I didn't like Doctor Who or it was based on a fake TV show or something, I'd say it was a perfectly done movie and tear-jerking.
the fact it was about Doctor Who doesn't matter in the slightest.

Lottel

• You know that's right
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: November 29, 2013, 01:40:03 PM »

I met, talked to, and shook hands with Paul McGann, Peter Davison, and Colin Baker.

Also, I almost stepped on a turtle dressed as Tom Baker.

Lottel

• You know that's right
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: December 01, 2013, 08:28:26 AM »

Probably last of the convention spam:
Peter Davison and Paul McGann are absolute pleasures to talk to. Peter tended to answer things a bit shorter and slightly less personal but was polite and very happy to be talking to people.
Paul was overwhelmed by the people and was constantly bewildered in a very... cute way. Like a puppy. He would just randomly go off on tangents and even introduce you to people like you guys were old friends.
Even Colin Baker was a lot better than the awful things I've heard about him.

But if you guys ever get a chance to see Paul McGann talk, go do it. His stories were fantastic and he was visibly touched that people were so excited to see him.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]