Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: The Element of Surprise  (Read 3400 times)

Zaratustra

• what
  • Board Moderator
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Zaratustra Productions
Re: The Element of Surprise
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2009, 07:34:42 PM »

obviously now I have to make a game where you shoot zombies with shotguns and they explode into lollipops and flowers

Kazz

• Projekt Direktor
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2009, 07:36:45 PM »

i'd probably piss myself

Brentai

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnXYVlPgX_o
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2009, 07:48:49 PM »

Serious Sam 2D?

Zaratustra

• what
  • Board Moderator
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Zaratustra Productions
« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2009, 07:49:49 PM »

Grotesque Cute is fashionable these days. Look at Happy Tree Friends, Robot Chicken, Family Guy. Which is why I tried to tone down the viscerae as much as I could in Evs.

Spram

• I CANT AVATAR!?? FUK YOU. LET ME DO AVATAR!!
  • TOTAL DORK
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2009, 09:34:58 PM »

This post may contain spoilers.
surpriseLast time I was suprised by a game? When I finally pushed down on the elevator during the crab battle in Order of Ecclesia. It was rewarding enough to make all the times I died trying to beat that asshole worth it and I didn't even know that I was going to kill it, it was just the only thing I could do and the way it goes all the way down breaking into pieces and shooting blood everywhere was sasisfactory, I wanted that thing to die. surprises don't all have to be scary. Bigfoot in the mountains posing like in the photo was funny and surprising (if you've played the game you know what I mean) Other notable surprises:

1. Getting the awesomest airship in Skies of Arcadia mid-game.
2. I don't recall.
 :facepalm:
surprise!As for cutesy game turned dark, the place where Rosalina's mom was in Super Mario Galaxy (storybook time).
surprises!But my favorite surprises are the ones that make the game longer. That's why I haven't finished Blimpo Warrior 2.

I thought resident evil 4 was going to end on the village (the game was worth it for that area alone) but then it just continues and while some may say the castle and island aren't as good as the village, I don't care I enjoy them both.
                                                   surprise                                                     suprise!!                                                                                     surprise                                                                                                                                                          your momIf I didn't know before hand maybe the inverted castle (sotn) might have been surprising.
surpriseOh yeah, and in New SMB, after beating what I thought was the last castle I was treated to some new levels, nothing big but it was nice to see the last world wasn't as mediocre as it looked.
supplies!FF6 has the mother of all game-expanding surprises, it's a horrible thing the game came with a fucking map of the world of ruin, ruining my surprise. ruin surprise ruinsuprisurin
ruinand a big "fuck you" to those who didn't like the world of ruin's openess. >:(
surprise
:)
Pages: 1 [2]