Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 22

Author Topic: Zelda Blows  (Read 35680 times)

Dooly

• Who?
  • Tested
    • View Profile
Re: Zelda Sucks
« Reply #140 on: December 09, 2009, 09:21:41 PM »

For the most part, Spirit Tracks is a thorough improvement over Phantom Hourglass, and I liked Phantom Hourglass.  The only low point in the game is that it has a lot more sections that require you to blow in the DS microphone.  That shit was annoying in Phantom Hourglass, a pain in the ass in Bowser's Inside Story (specifically the Giant Bowser fight against the train where you could ONLY breathe fire to damage it and had to get Excellent on EVERY attack to win), and it can get downright infuriating in this game.  The rest of it is good enough to make me want to get past the blowing sections, though.
:painful: :painful: :painful: :painful: :painful: :painful: :painful: :painful:
:painful: :painful: :painful: :painful: :painful: :painful: :painful:

Brentai

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnXYVlPgX_o
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
Re: Zelda Blows
« Reply #141 on: December 09, 2009, 09:31:22 PM »

Topic title made more appropriate.

yyler

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: December 09, 2009, 09:32:58 PM »

No, the blowing is easy. This is the least amount of blowing I've ever done. If anything, the train is the worst part--Nintendo has somehow made traveling even more boring, which I thought impossible.

I did have trouble playing songs where you skip a note, but then I figured out that the metronome is there for a reason. I guess before I figured that out, it was frustrating... but once I got that down, it was no problem. I have heard reports that kids with only half a lung can't play it but dang who cares.

It's a really good game, though.

Dooly

• Who?
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: December 09, 2009, 09:57:50 PM »

Well, the mic in my DS might be a little wonky after I used a can of compressed air to get past the Mike section in Wario Ware Touched because I hated that shit even back then.
:painful: :painful: :painful: :painful: :painful: :painful: :painful:

Brentai

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: December 09, 2009, 10:02:42 PM »

No, the blowing is easy. This is the least amount of blowing I've ever done.

I'm so glad that you are yyler.

yyler

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: December 09, 2009, 10:04:51 PM »

Well, I mean, I've blown. I've blown harder for less. This is good.

It turns out that the same guy who produced TP did PH and ST, which kind of weirds me out. TP is terrible, just completely awful. But PH and ST, while slightly flawed, are so so good (considering they are Zeldas).

He's also producing the Wii sequel to TP. I'm nervous for it.

Bongo Bill

• Dinosaurcerer
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: December 09, 2009, 10:34:42 PM »

He also did like half of Wind Waker and a goodly chunk of Majora's Mask. He's pretty much in charge of the series these days.
...but is it art?

yyler

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: December 09, 2009, 10:35:39 PM »

Yeah, he did most of MM and OOT. Actually, I was thinking that ST feels like MM sometimes yesterday, though I can't place why.

Smiler

• HOM NOM NOM NOM
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: December 10, 2009, 08:17:24 AM »

What did they do in Spirit Tracks that reminded you of Majora's Mask? I wonder this because Majora's Mask is the only Zelda game I liked enough to not quit halfway through.

Miss Cat Ears

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: December 10, 2009, 09:28:54 AM »

I always used to be on a plane or sitting at my desk at work whenever I needed to blow my DS.  Then I swapped out the case and pinched the microphone wire real bad and it doesn't work so good now. So problem solved except now games suck even more when they need me to blow them.

yyler

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #150 on: December 10, 2009, 09:52:59 AM »

What did they do in Spirit Tracks that reminded you of Majora's Mask? I wonder this because Majora's Mask is the only Zelda game I liked enough to not quit halfway through.
I think at first it was the music, but there were things beyond that. Like I said, hard to place. But you do do a lot of work helping people to gain access to more spirit tracks, which I guess counts, and the design on the super evil dude's train kind of reminds me of the moon. I guess I can't really think of anything concrete, but just a lot of things ping my MM memories.

Having gotten to the end game I'd say this currently stands as the best handheld Zelda. It started out laughably easy and steadily progressed to where I was stumped for 20+ minutes at a time.

Catloaf

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: December 10, 2009, 09:55:22 AM »

I'm loving Spirit Tracks except of one thing.  The fucking Train.  
Nintendo has somehow made traveling even more boring, which I thought impossible.

I can even tell that they went out of their way to try and make it not boring, but it is.  

If you have no direct control of movement, it should at least get you to where you're going quickly.  Not in this game!
Slow and monotonous!?  
60% of the gameplay!?  
Other trains that you simply cannot get around that kill you instantly if you hit them and their faster than you!?  
What!?  There's a part with said death trains with a time-limit on it too!?!  
What's that?!  The train that is in the way in that part just waits for you until you're too close to escape!?
THIS GAME IS FUCKING TROLLING ME!
 :perfect:

yyler

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: December 10, 2009, 10:04:42 AM »

Pff there is one timed mission and it is two seconds into the game. Plus you can slow those trains down by shooting them; it's just in reverse you go at speed one and can't really outrun them. In truth they travel at about speed 1.5, I think. Anyway, hit them four times and they break for a while, but you can't kill them :[

Trains aren't so bad once you can warp, but they are still annoying. I'd have preferred the Wind Waker style, where you warp to certain points from anywhere, rather than certain points from certain points.

Smiler

• HOM NOM NOM NOM
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: December 10, 2009, 10:27:22 AM »

I think Nintendo is slowly trying to perfect the worst traveling system in any game ever. Wind Waker was okay until I had to find every fucking triforce piece under the sun, and then in PH I got sick of it at the fog (It didn't help that I was fed up with the rest of the game way before that), and Spirit Tracks sounds more of the same.

"HEY GUYS WHAT CAN WE REPLACE A BOAT AND AN OCEAN WITH?" "TRAAAAAAAIN!"  :happy:

Metal Slime

• Worth the experience.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: December 10, 2009, 07:20:33 PM »

I liked Wind Waker. I really did........but yes, the Triforce gathering killed it. I also just finished Phantom Hourglass recently, it was mind numbingly easy for the most part, almost to a point that it felt insulting unless maybe I've just played so many Zelda games over the years that I know what the likely solution to a puzzle is the first moment I see it, still at least Twilight Princess occasionally made me think.

yyler

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: December 11, 2009, 03:42:40 AM »

So final boss etc

[spoiler]First, INVINCIBLE ROCKET TRAIN? THIS MAKES UP FOR EVERYTHING, NINTENDO. JESUS CHRIST

Second, SIDE BY SIDE TRAIN RACE SHOWDOWN TO THE DEATH WITH A HAUNTED STEAM ENGINE? PERFECT

Third, DO SOME GARBAGE meh ok

Fourth, PLAY THE FLUTE gtfo i hate doing this when it skips notes

Fifth, WHAT THE FUCK THIS BOSS IS ACTUALLY HARD? I AM SHOCKED/ANNOYED AND SHOULD HAVE COME PREPARED[/spoiler]

caps lol

Brentai

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: December 11, 2009, 08:01:29 PM »

I stopped playing Wind Waker the moment the Triforce hunt started.  Apparently I stopped at the perfect time oh except the very last bit is really the only worthwhile part.

:mahboi: This series is bullshit!

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: December 11, 2009, 08:04:14 PM »

are you guys really all this averse to reading a FAQ for maybe 1-2 hours

or did you all enter into a suicide pact where nobody can ever admit it

yyler

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: December 11, 2009, 08:05:52 PM »

honestly grabbing the eight shards of whatever piece of triforce took about 10 minutes because i had all the warps

so yall are chumps

Disposable Ninja

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: December 11, 2009, 08:25:00 PM »

I usually start the Tri-Force hunt before the Earth Temple, when you get the map from Tingle.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 22