Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10

Author Topic: Restraint  (Read 12485 times)

yyler

• Tested
    • View Profile
Re: Restraint
« Reply #80 on: March 17, 2010, 01:52:10 PM »

Other than the Boost Ball Guardian and maybe the Spider Ball Guardian there are no bosses to complain about in that game, and if you are playing the trilogy version they are nerfed along with several other bosses anyway. :[

François

• Huh.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 17, 2010, 02:07:55 PM »

Coincidentally I just bought MP3 and am enjoying it immensely. I had doubts about the control scheme (the only other Wii games I own are No More Heroes 1 and 2, and Madworld, so I was never confronted to the aiming-at-the-screen concept before), but it's spectacular in almost every regard. Firing missiles and switching visors is a little awkward, though it's possible I have my giganto hands to blame for that.

I enjoyed MP2 a great deal, but it was getting same-y with the original, what with all the blatant weapon/enemy model swaps and outright reskins. I think that's what kept me from checking out Corruption for that long, but it's still basically a top-notch game on its own.

yyler

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 17, 2010, 02:14:55 PM »

I'd say Corruption is on par with MP1, if not better, honestly. Took me a while to get used to the controls--I'd beaten MP1 a ton, MP2 a few times--but after my initial "whoa what the fuck is this oh god" it turns out MP3 plays really really well. And it's fun.

Niku

• MEAT
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 17, 2010, 04:33:08 PM »

I finished No More Heroes 2 after shelving it for a little while.  Inferior ending sequences to the original game, but it would be pretty hard to top the nonstop insanity and revelations that came there, and the quiet note on which it ends feels nice just the same after the over the top final boss battle.

That said, fuck bosses with one-hit kill attacks.
i'm a blog now, blogs are cool: a fantastic machine made of meat

Detonator

• You made me come back for THIS?
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 22, 2010, 09:17:18 PM »

Can I note that we had a serious discussion about the lack of a general game-playing dump thread while this one was here the entire time?
"Imagine punching somebody so hard that they turned into a door. Then you found out that's where ALL doors come from, and you got initiated into a murder club that makes doors. The stronger you punch, the better the door. So there are like super strong murderers who punch people into Venetian doors and shit"

Niku

• MEAT
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 22, 2010, 09:20:47 PM »

I was personally just waiting for the egg on the face and then I guess nobody noticed.
i'm a blog now, blogs are cool: a fantastic machine made of meat

Brentai

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnXYVlPgX_o
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 24, 2010, 07:21:59 PM »

Smiler

• HOM NOM NOM NOM
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 28, 2010, 08:59:01 AM »

I finally started Super Mario Galaxy on Saturday, and then I beat it yesterday. I think I will slowly get all of the stars before I get the sequel.

Smiler

• HOM NOM NOM NOM
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 18, 2010, 09:23:12 AM »

Metal Gear Solid 4 was fun. Maybe now I should start playing all of the other PS3 games I bought and forgot about after tearing off the shrink wrap.

Edit: 3D Dot Game Heroes has a Metal Wolf character, and I just found a MWC reference. :3

Brentai

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnXYVlPgX_o
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 01, 2010, 01:38:58 AM »

Oh hey I was looking for a thread to use as my dump thread to mention I beat MGS4 and here's Smiler talking about it so YES I AM FOLLOWING THE FLOW OF THIS CONVERSATION.

I got the rank of "Eagle" which pleases me personally, even if it's just something that's awarded to anyone who goes through the game tranqing everyone they meet in the head.

RE: Chapter 4: BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

Ted Belmont

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: November 01, 2010, 10:01:31 AM »

So the final boss fight of AC2 has you beating up a pudgy old man. Who is also the Pope. In the basement of the Vatican, which was built on top of an alien bunker. Still, up to that point, it was a fun ride, with some neat callbacks to the first game, and lots of improvements in the gameplay department. Going back now for achievement scrounging/100% completion stuff.

Also, we stopped worshiping the sun and now it is PISSED, so it's coming to kill everyone. Or something. It's hard to tell exactly what's going on when they have so many batshit crazy conspiracy theories jumbled together. Still, Brotherhood looks like it has some neat tweaks to the formula, and stabbing dudes in the head never gets old.

jsnlxndrlv

• Custom Title
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Website title
« Reply #91 on: November 02, 2010, 02:26:48 AM »

AC2

Armored Core 2? Asheron's Call 2?
Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

NexAdruin

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 02, 2010, 03:29:33 AM »

Assassin's Creed 2.

Ted Belmont

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 03, 2010, 07:44:56 AM »

Right, probably should have clarified. Yeah, Assassin's Creed 2. It was a fun ride! I have all but one achievement now, and unfortunately, it's one you can't go back and get without replaying the game from the beginning or buying the DLC. :derp:

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 10, 2010, 02:30:37 PM »

Beat New Vegas.

Beat New Vegas.

Beat New Vegas and hit Level 30.

Still need to Beat New Vegas, Kill Everyone In The World, and Farm 9 Achievements before I beat New Vegas.

Beat Henry Hatsworth. Unlocked HARD Mode, holy shit.

Started Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box.

Disposable Ninja

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 10, 2010, 04:09:31 PM »

oh is this the new dump thread well okay

I got a pair of good old games off of good old games dot comm: Planescape: Torment and Septerra Core. The latter, I've been wanting to play since I heard about a decade ago. It always felt like it was the sister game to Shadow Madness, which I always loved despite it not being very good.

As for Planescape: am I supposed to just... tolerate the the combat? Like, you know, something I'm just supposed to power through in order to get to the actually worthwhile conversation-based gameplay?

jsnlxndrlv

• Custom Title
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Website title
« Reply #96 on: November 10, 2010, 04:27:58 PM »

As for Planescape: am I supposed to just... tolerate the the combat? Like, you know, something I'm just supposed to power through in order to get to the actually worthwhile conversation-based gameplay?

Basically. Getting more companions and completely breaking the combat system makes it a lot more manageable later on, but it's pretty rough for a while. Thankfully, enemies don't respawn in the vast majority of areas, so once you get through it, you don't have to worry about it again.
Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

TA

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 10, 2010, 05:11:44 PM »

This is exactly the case, yes.  Focus on mental stats, not physical stats, because they matter for conversations, and throw mage spells at things you need to have die.
Do you understand how terrifying the words “vibrating strap on” are for an asexual? That’s like saying “the holocaust” to a Jew.

Shinra

• Big Juicy Winners
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 11, 2010, 12:07:04 AM »

Beat New Vegas.

Beat New Vegas.

Beat New Vegas and hit Level 30.

Still need to Beat New Vegas, Kill Everyone In The World, and Farm 9 Achievements before I beat New Vegas.

Beat Henry Hatsworth. Unlocked HARD Mode, holy shit.

Started Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box.

I managed to get through New Vegas four times before I got burnt out. Fucking awesome game but boy do I never want to do goodsprings/primm/nipton/novac again

My biggest beef with the early game is that you are subjecting yourself to severe, dry anal rape if you piss off the NCR, since you're locking yourself out of half of the vendors in the game. This means no siding with the powder gangers, no wiping out forlorn hope, etc, etc. I started a legion playthrough and got bored with maintaining my NCR rep pretty fucking quick.

Smiler

• HOM NOM NOM NOM
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 19, 2010, 11:32:20 AM »

Between leveling my first 80 up in WoW I have been playing Dead Space and Demon's Souls. That is a lot of zombies/demons.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10