Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 [32]

Author Topic: GOP Will Eat Itself  (Read 60284 times)

Brentai

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnXYVlPgX_o
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
Re: GOP Will Eat Itself
« Reply #620 on: December 22, 2013, 05:45:52 AM »

What pisses me off more than anything is that Cracker Barrel reneged on its decision to ban Duck Dynasty merc.  These people won't listen to reason, the Pope, or even Jesus himself, but they'd probably have listened to fucking Cracker Barrel.

TA

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: December 22, 2013, 05:56:57 AM »

Not so much.  They cling to their hateful pigshit above all else.
Do you understand how terrifying the words “vibrating strap on” are for an asexual? That’s like saying “the holocaust” to a Jew.

Brentai

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: December 22, 2013, 06:40:41 AM »

Yeah they react with the same initial exclusion they do with everything else but let's see them act so tough when they can't get their deflavored grits next Sunday morning.

Mothra

• ┐('~`;)┌ w/e
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile

Friday

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: December 22, 2013, 07:20:42 AM »

being PC is getting old even in the sick,twisted world of the homosexual SCUMmunity. its time for people to make a comeback and stand up for morality.I'm don't mind saying homosexuality is evil,unnatural and against everything that is natural.

best comment the others can go home

Royal☭

• Supreme Court Judge President
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: December 25, 2013, 04:13:41 PM »

The best part of it is the duck dynasty guys aren't even rednecks they're fucking millionaires who belong to a country club. Before the fucking show got made.

Joxam

• The Transformizzle
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Shadowrun
« Reply #626 on: December 25, 2013, 05:11:02 PM »

Dude that said all the racists/homophobic shit has a master degree in education.

Thad

• Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • corporate-sellout.com
« Reply #627 on: December 26, 2013, 03:43:40 PM »

The whole thing is silly in the first place.

"TV station hires pet rednecks to star in a show about rednecks, are shocked, shocked when said rednecks turn out to, in fact, be rednecks."

Yeah, that's certainly the meme, but it's fucking stupid.  It's 2013.  Being a "redneck" doesn't excuse being a racist homophobe on a national stage.

Right, but what the meme gets right is that the fault lies with A&E for giving these guys a national audience more so than it lies with irredeemable rednecks having irredeemable viewpoints.

No matter how amazing your society, there will always be idiots with stupid viewpoints. The point is to marginalize those views, not romanticize them publically.

Precisely.

Remember when ESPN hired Rush Limbaugh and then acted shocked when he immediately said something racist?  Rush Limbaugh?

By all means A&E should marginalize people whose views are abhorrent to a civilized society.

You know what a good way of doing that is?  Not giving them a fucking TV show in the first place.

I'm certainly not sad to see him kicked off TV.  But anyone who claims surprise that this is his viewpoint is stupid, lying, or both, including and especially the people who gave him a TV show and then banned him from it.

Brentai

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: December 26, 2013, 04:18:08 PM »

I guess, but given what Constantine and Joxam are saying I think the logic here was that, if they hired a guy who looked and acted like a hick but happened to be a commercially successful businessperson that they could trust him to know when and where to at least just shut the fucking hell up.  You can reach all sorts of unfair conclusions from this fable but I think the only lesson to learn here is "If a guy is generally an asshole you probably can't trust him to care what his actions say about you."

Thad

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • corporate-sellout.com
« Reply #629 on: December 26, 2013, 04:31:29 PM »

I guess, but given what Constantine and Joxam are saying I think the logic here was that, if they hired a guy who looked and acted like a hick but happened to be a commercially successful businessperson that they could trust him to know when and where to at least just shut the fucking hell up.

He knows EXACTLY when and where it benefits him to shut the fucking hell up.  If A&E assumed his business interests would always align with theirs, then they made a pretty grievous error of judgement.

This is going to hurt their business a lot more than it hurts his.

Brentai

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #630 on: December 26, 2013, 04:42:55 PM »

The sad truth is that pulling him probably hurt them more than just letting him define their views.  Duck Dynasty is A&E's biggest show for a reason.

Royal☭

• Supreme Court Judge President
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: December 27, 2013, 10:01:50 AM »

I don't think A&E was surprised by this interview. In fact, any media company worth a damn would have a passing idea of Robertson's previous beliefs and speeches, would have thoroughly groomed him before he went in for the interview, and would have had somebody sign off (or at least read an advance) before it went to publication. There's a lot of lead time between an interview and when it goes to publication. A&E most likely knew about and accepted Robertson's views.

Which is probably why they're putting him back on the air, after a convenient round of controversy brought him and the company lots and lots of media attention.

Thad

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • corporate-sellout.com
« Reply #632 on: December 27, 2013, 04:33:38 PM »

:done:

Mothra

• ┐('~`;)┌ w/e
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: December 27, 2013, 05:10:37 PM »

Yeah I'm pretty fucking ready to not hear about Duck Dynasty ever again.

(It's a touch worse for me, I think, because that hyper-conservative Facebook page I frequent for that GOPDAILYDOSE tumblr has been treating this guy like the second coming)

• Magic Gunner Miss Blue
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: December 27, 2013, 05:56:23 PM »

stare into the abyss yadda yadda

Mothra

• ┐('~`;)┌ w/e
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: December 27, 2013, 06:00:14 PM »

Yes

Zaratustra

• what
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Zaratustra Productions
« Reply #636 on: December 27, 2013, 08:14:56 PM »

Which is probably why they're putting him back on the air, after a convenient round of controversy brought him and the company lots and lots of media attention.

Hey, it could be worse. He could have been hired by Fox News.

Büge

• won't give you fleaz
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: December 28, 2013, 01:49:25 AM »

That would require him to trim his beard.

Mongrel

• Emoticon Knight-Errant
  • kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: January 14, 2014, 06:31:25 AM »

Quote from: Presumably The Onion
WASHINGTON—Following revelations this week that staffers under New Jersey Governor Chris Christie manipulated traffic in a small New Jersey town to punish its mayor, mortified Americans across the nation reported that they were shocked to learn the potential 2016 presidential candidate could possibly fumble such an easy political cover-up. “Man, this guy wants to be President of the United States and he can’t even conceal an act of corruption this rinky-dink and run-of-the-mill from voters? It’s crazy,” Newark resident Carolyn Baum said in agreement with millions of stunned Americans, adding that she holds potential presidential candidates to much higher standards of subterfuge and graft. “I mean, this is a total softball. If he can’t even bully one little small-town mayor into submission by oppressing his constituents and get away with it, how can we reasonably believe he’s politically skilled enough to cover up national scandals like orchestrating a foreign war, illegally colluding with big business, or violating the civil liberties of millions of Americans? It’s a little scary, to be honest.” At press time, many Americans reported their faith in Christie’s presidential qualifications was somewhat restored after he released a series of statements pinning the blame on others and throwing top aides under the bus.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 [32]