Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 17

Author Topic: Eversion  (Read 38958 times)

Cobalt

• Tested
    • View Profile
Re: Eversion
« Reply #40 on: November 29, 2008, 01:26:04 PM »

aww, you don't get anything for getting all 240 gems?  :;_;:
You do: [spoiler]Try restarting World 7 once you get all 240.[/spoiler]

François

• Huh.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 29, 2008, 02:26:37 PM »

We're all outta bandwidth, cap'n! We don't got no more! Not a drop!

:khaaan: GOOOOOOOGLE!

Romosome

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 29, 2008, 02:34:26 PM »

oh boy oh boy

Zara: I would like to share this with as many people as possible.  Should I wait until you have it hooked up on your site with an ad somewhere, or is there anywhere you don't (4chan) want me to spread it, or what?  Lemme know before I go nuts showing it to people.

Zaratustra

• what
  • Board Moderator
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Zaratustra Productions
« Reply #43 on: November 29, 2008, 03:04:47 PM »

Apparently if you press left or right at the title screen you get your data erased.

Huh.

This happened to me.  I went to resume my game, and tried to scroll through the levels, and the level names disappeared and I had to start at level 1 again.

whoops I left that in

Detonator

• You made me come back for THIS?
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 29, 2008, 03:09:39 PM »

Zara, the bandwidth for your host is exceeded.  Could you put the current version up on Rapidshare or something?
"Imagine punching somebody so hard that they turned into a door. Then you found out that's where ALL doors come from, and you got initiated into a murder club that makes doors. The stronger you punch, the better the door. So there are like super strong murderers who punch people into Venetian doors and shit"

Detonator

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 29, 2008, 03:19:59 PM »

Rapidshare is only allowing ten downloads per upload. The jpeg+rar trick combined with Photobucket seems to work okay though.

It looks like he can have unlimited downloads if he signs up for the free account instead of just uploading it anonymously.

Or he can choose a different filehost.
"Imagine punching somebody so hard that they turned into a door. Then you found out that's where ALL doors come from, and you got initiated into a murder club that makes doors. The stronger you punch, the better the door. So there are like super strong murderers who punch people into Venetian doors and shit"

Arc

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 29, 2008, 03:23:14 PM »

The levels are already so small that adding checkpoints would be pretty senseless.

It isn't about length, it's about inherent challenge at particular points. Even Super Mario Bros. had checkpoints, and presented a third of the challenge by comparison.

-> checkpoints on most levels

Zaratustra

• what
  • Board Moderator
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Zaratustra Productions
« Reply #47 on: November 29, 2008, 03:42:54 PM »

I have a website you know

Zaratustra

• what
  • Board Moderator
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Zaratustra Productions
« Reply #48 on: November 29, 2008, 04:07:07 PM »

links updated

Zach

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 29, 2008, 04:27:26 PM »

I want to use my gems to buy a Cool Spot costume for Z.T. Maybe a little necronaut helmet.

Saturn

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 29, 2008, 04:41:25 PM »

Well, got to level six, (I did 5 the wimpy way) ... I hate you auto scrolling levels.  I hate you all so very much.  Especially ones where you have to go off-screen and hope there's a disintegrating platform there.

Catloaf

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 29, 2008, 04:42:53 PM »

... That last post was me, not Saturn.  He logged in on my computer and I didn't notice.

LaserBeing

• invisible murder cube
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 29, 2008, 04:48:30 PM »

HAPPY END

Friday

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 29, 2008, 09:01:21 PM »

Oh that is fucking crap now I have to get all the gems if it changes the ending

Romosome

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 29, 2008, 11:06:46 PM »

I laughed at the fact Zara actually included a warning that it's not for children after I joked about it.

Then I beat the game.
 :;_;:

When playing the game in fullscreen mode, the full-screen flash that occurs when you everse only takes up the upper left hand corner of the screen.  It seems to not change size from windowed mode.

[spoiler]The rules on "ghosting" enemies and respawning ones in the last level seem to be a bit off.  I had a bunch of enemies remain ghosted after eversing all the way back up to depth 1, but after falling in a pit and restarting, they were all solid.  Something isn't updating properly upon eversion?[/spoiler]

[spoiler]Is the part in stage 5 with the big square of crumbling brick you can drop down into supposed to trap the player?  If so, I'd reccomend a way to suicide at least, like a respawning enemy. [/spoiler]

François

• Huh.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 29, 2008, 11:33:56 PM »

I decided to follow the advice about nervous disposition. I don't know what's in there, but if it's what I think it is I physically can't take it. Dang.

I don't want to make it appear like I'm whining about the content, because I'm not, I just... According to what I read I really want to play but that kind of thing has a history of bumping my heart rate to unhealthy levels for several minutes at a time, so I can't take the chance. So yeah, never mind me. And thanks for the warning.

That said...

Quote from: ZedPower
The regular temples didn't have any particularly memorable features and were pretty short, but the hidden dungeons all looked more gruesome the deeper when you went in. The first level could be just like the temple it's attached to, but with occasional bloodstains on the walls. The deeper levels had you crossing rope bridges made out of intestines, and fighting demons and creatures made of human bone and wretched, fleshy monstrosities that could have come right out of Splatterhouse. It was made all the more creepy by the way Link didn't seem to give a shit that he was fighting these blood-spewing horrors instead of, you know, bats and spiders.
Quote from: Constantine
I like your idea of a game that rewards the player with FEAR.
Quote from: Zaratustra
This gives me an idea.

Is that what it is?
 :8D:

Romosome

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 29, 2008, 11:39:53 PM »

There are no screamers, if you're worried about that.  Be assured from one incredibly flinchy person to another.

Niku

• MEAT
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 29, 2008, 11:42:44 PM »

GOOD END
i'm a blog now, blogs are cool: a fantastic machine made of meat

Detonator

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 29, 2008, 11:53:46 PM »

normal ending = :;_;:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 17