Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Shin Megami Tensei Online: Imagine  (Read 2536 times)

François

• Huh.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
Re: Shin Megami Tensei Online: Imagine
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2008, 04:11:12 PM »

Some time ago I planned to put my very most favorite GE tracks on a single CD. That never happened; I couldn't get the list down to less than three hours without removing any songs I just had to have on it. There's something to be said about a soundtrack that manages to be one of my favorites ever while still having like a whole hour of terrible, irritating crap on it.

(For the benefit of the uninitiated: the GE soundtrack is over nine hours long. :over9000:)

Rosencrantz

• Renegade Game Counselor
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2008, 04:41:17 PM »

If possible, could you post your three hour playlist? I downloaded a huge group of music a while back (probably the nine hours worth, I don't remember) and it's just too much to go through. I could use some recommendations.

François

• Huh.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2008, 08:11:22 PM »

Sure. Heh, my own process of finding out my favorites involved putting the entire OST on shuffle in my mp3 player, listening to it while cooking or whatever, and checking out the title every time one came up that I noticed as particularly good or terrible. That took a while, especially since there are a few tracks in there that are generic techno and mostly unremarkable one way or another.

Playlist attached, remove .jpg, etc. etc.

Outside of that, it might be worth checking out the two Otyg tracks, if only because they sound like nothing else in the game and in fact seem hilariously out of place. They're a Swedish viking metal band; I have no idea where they fit them in. It's not that they suck, for what they are, I suppose. It's just, well,  :wat:.

Smiler

• HOM NOM NOM NOM
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2008, 09:24:39 PM »

You have to progress through the plot in order to raise magic control. I read somewhere that it's in Babel. I have no clue where it is, as I pretty much stopped playing the game, but supposedly a character there can make it available.

François

• Huh.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2008, 04:16:15 PM »

I found the magic control guy; he's in Shinjuku Babel, just a bit north of the center of the map. He teaches occultism, magic control and... something else, but you gotta bring him some stuff first.

In other news, I was running somewhere yesterday, and someone was shouting something like "I'm bored, I've been grinding guard, counter and dodge for hours now".

:facepalm:

That highlights something I love about the game. The basic defense moves you are given for free at the beginning are really really good! Nobody needs to grind their expertise to succeed, and they work well no matter where you put your stat points. They can get better, but the way the game is designed the basic versions don't get obsolete even if you don't actively train them. In fact, depending on your build, it might be a great idea to never spend a single expertise point on them, even if you're going to be using them all the time.

Envy

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2008, 04:46:03 PM »

Im putting most of my point storwards healing and destruction, its a decent balance and they both lead to demon killing fist.. Im not up to shinjuku babel so that sucks that i wont be getting it for awhile.

François

• Huh.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 17, 2008, 05:02:32 PM »

Actually Shinjuku Babel's not a big hassle to get to. Leave the first area through the east (which is surprisingly the hardest thing to do in the trip), and you'll reach a forest zone, where most of the stuff you'll meet are Will o' the Wisps, Mou-Ryu and Garm, and then go northeast. I was surprised at how easy it was, especially since the gray Suginami Tunnel has been kicking my ass.

Envy

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 18, 2008, 12:36:01 AM »

I actually partied up for that at first since mage gets owned to fast and i dont have my ae magic yet. I find it actually alot faster and more rewarding with a group.

Smiler

• HOM NOM NOM NOM
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 18, 2008, 07:19:37 AM »

Have they fixed the lag? I got sick of this game after the 8th time I had to redo the first dungeon because I lost connection.

François

• Huh.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 18, 2008, 01:48:56 PM »

Oh yeah. It was terrible for a while but I haven't been disconnected in days.

Ted Belmont

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 20, 2008, 01:38:35 PM »

What the hell, no strafe keys?  :negative:

Kayma

• kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • http://twitter.com/kayma
« Reply #31 on: December 20, 2008, 02:20:02 PM »

What the hell, no strafe keys?  :negative:

This bothered me, too. I'm too used to WoW.

François

• Huh.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 20, 2008, 03:41:32 PM »

I've never found myself in a situation where it would be useful, but then again my main strategy is to run at things with a giant axe in my hands.

Ted Belmont

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 21, 2008, 12:08:05 AM »

Not so much a strategy as much as a basic part of my movement, along with the right mouse button actually turning my character instead of just being mouselook.
Pages: 1 [2]