Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: The Worst MAGfest Ever  (Read 7685 times)

Cthulhu-chan

• Tested
    • View Profile
Re: The Worst MAGfest Ever
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2009, 04:30:49 PM »

if I looking for phone charger

him name is samsung phone charger

I lost my phone charger

PM Me

Love, Arc

P.S. I'll find my phone charger

Who took my phone charger
Ha, christ.  Same thing happened to my dad when he visited.

What is with you people and forgetting you stuff?  :facepalm:

[spoiler]Dad?![/spoiler]

McDohl

• Pika-boo
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2009, 04:35:54 PM »

:sadpanda:

If it's any consolation, I had to run out and buy a new charger for mine as well.

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2009, 04:43:52 PM »

Legends claim that a very certain black-hearted knave did throw the golden kooch to Ocksi's majestic paddle.

also I lost my coat qq

also also Shadows of Camelot down server first AND Shadows of Camelot Heroic Difficulty down world first.

Arc

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2009, 04:46:49 PM »

Plugged mine into the bar's socket, only for this one particular socket to become the Studio 54 of grandmotherfucking phone charging sockets. Everyone was hooking up their phones to this single socket. Everyone. I'm thoroughly convinced others came to our room singularly to charge their phone in this damned socket.

Arc

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2009, 05:00:34 PM »

~ Chapter 4: The Wavebird Phenomenon ~

The echoes and whispers of a mystical socket that could be used to charge phones were heard across the kingdom, far and wide. The rich, small, poor, large, and feral came in masses, trudging their cords behind them. One by one, the lowly commoners and esteemed royalty alike charged their mobiles in this socket, wishing to be cured of their life ailments. As each bar slowly charged, their eyes innocently peered beyond the holy bar. Greeting them was the Wii of Sacraments, divined by Dohl, and enshrined by Doom. All who gazed upon the box could only produce one utterance:

"Holy shit, is that... Four Wavebirds?!"

Time after time, each person remarked the same. Word for word. Time after time. Indeed, four wavebirds had been attached to the Wii of Sacraments, and indeed, holy shit. The reactions were diverse. Some turned to stone. Others slime.

Holy shit. Four Wavebirds.

Brentai

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnXYVlPgX_o
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2009, 05:28:00 PM »

(RE: tompkin green phone charger)

I think I have one like that.  It's for Sanyo but all the bits go in the parts.

Arc

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2009, 05:29:25 PM »

The only portion of the cosplay contest that truly mattered. :wuv:

Typical convention diet.

Of no relation.

:over9000: How is this even possssssiblllle!?!

McDohl

• Pika-boo
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2009, 05:51:40 PM »

Well, I think the guy might've moved to CONUS and not yet changed his plates.  That's why my car still has Texas plates.  I need to get around to doing that, by the way...

Kazz

• Projekt Direktor
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2009, 06:58:25 PM »

And I'm STILL AT MAGFEST

McDohl

• Pika-boo
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2009, 07:07:08 PM »

Okay, kids!

TIME FOR SOME BRAWLSTATS!

Mine might not be completely accurate, because that's the profile I've been using for a while so...

ADAM (Dohl):  133 KOs, 153 Falls, 2 SDs, 230% Peak Damage, Most used: Lucas, then Samus.
DOOM: 181 KOs, 98 Falls, 1 SD, 333% Peak Damage, 31 victories, 6 losses, Most used: King Dedede, then Bowser.
VON (Duke): 23 KOs, 27 Falls, 1 SD, 192% Peak Damage, 0 victories, 2 losses, Most Used: Pikachu, then Ness.
KAZZ: 18 KOs, 25 Falls, 0 SDs, 178% Peak Damage, 1 victory, 3 losses, Most Used: Bowser, then Pikachu.
DET: 13 KOs, 18 Falls, 1 SD, 195% Peak Damage, 1 victory, 1 loss, Most Used: Diddy Kong, then Pokemon Trainer.
GEO: 10 KOs, 14 Falls, 2 SDs, 144% Peak Damage, 0 victories, 0 losses, Most Used: Captain Falcon, then Mr. Game and Watch.
BUT (Ocksi, I think): 2 KOs, 6 Falls, 2 SDs, 165% Peak Damage, 0 victories, 1 loss, Most Used: Marth, then Jigglypuff.
POO (Also Ocksi): 1 KO, 4 Falls, 0 SDs 196% Peak Damage, 0 victories, 1 loss, Most Used: Donkey Kong.
FAG (Kabbage used this one, I think): 23 KOs, 41 Falls, 0 SDs, 237% Peak Damage, 1 victory, 7 losses, Most Used: Samus, then King Dedede.

Cthulhu-chan

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2009, 08:45:55 PM »

Most used: King Dedede

I like the cut of your jib, Mr. Doom.

MadMAxJr

• Tested
    • View Profile
    • RPG Q&A
« Reply #31 on: January 05, 2009, 09:12:46 PM »

Shit, next time someone teach me how to make my own account thingy on Brawl.

My turn for photo fun!

Couldn't get a better shot of her sadly, but the Mirrors Edge chick was the best costume.  The guy in the scout costume had the attitude down perfectly.

scripted dialog:
Guest: Robotnik, why is it you always make your space ship so vulnerable?
Robotnik: Well, it's a trial and error thing, if it breaks you have to learn and try-
Guest: But it's EVERY TIME
*crowd laughter*

This guy had a huge mob by the door chanting ROBOTNIK ROBOTNIK ROBOTNIK.

Blurry and dark as hell, but I figured Niku would have loved this one.
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt." - Bertrand Russell

Got questions about RPGs?

MadMAxJr

• Tested
    • View Profile
    • RPG Q&A
« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2009, 09:16:18 PM »

This was next to the dealers:

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt." - Bertrand Russell

Kazz

• Projekt Direktor
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 06, 2009, 10:44:02 AM »

LD must have played on my Brawl thing cause I was never Pikachu.  also I didn't brawl nearly enough for those stats to reflect my actual prowess.  had i not been doing FUNNER THINGS i would have kicked everybody in the anus.  but the videogame room was nothing but rock band and brawl and, like, donkey konga and stupid stupid stupid fighting games that only super pros could do and also DDR so fuck that.  it's all about pope game.  all.  about.  pope.  game.

also my name is Alex McDougall.  pussies.

MadMAxJr

• Tested
    • View Profile
    • RPG Q&A
« Reply #34 on: January 06, 2009, 10:57:25 AM »

also my name is Kazz Tawdal.  pussies.
Sorry, but I've grown to love this name more.

Also the pope game is actually called Condottiere.

I really hope that game found it's way back to its owner.  Apparently it was brand new, still in the plastic, and we kinda jacked it for the whole weekend.

Detonator

• You made me come back for THIS?
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 06, 2009, 11:23:02 AM »

Also the pope game is actually called Condottiere.

I really hope that game found it's way back to its owner.  Apparently it was brand new, still in the plastic, and we kinda jacked it for the whole weekend.

Not to worry.  I know the person who bought it, and it was in her possession last I saw it.
"Imagine punching somebody so hard that they turned into a door. Then you found out that's where ALL doors come from, and you got initiated into a murder club that makes doors. The stronger you punch, the better the door. So there are like super strong murderers who punch people into Venetian doors and shit"

MadMAxJr

• Tested
    • View Profile
    • RPG Q&A
« Reply #36 on: January 06, 2009, 12:15:15 PM »

I've ordered Condottiere from my local shop.  I can inflict it on my Sunday night board game group AND ensure we have a copy on hand for next year or whatever the next group outing may be.

Kazz

• Projekt Direktor
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 06, 2009, 01:54:12 PM »

Apparently there are two (three?) versions.  The latest one is the one we played, which fixed a lot of balance issues and made the game better.  For instance, the Bishop used to just end the current battle in a draw, rather than clearing out all the highest-ranked soldiers.

James Edward Smith

• CIS male, Albeist Scumbag
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 06, 2009, 02:40:25 PM »

I like the way the cards look in the older versions more than the more photo realistic ones we had though. They sort of look like Tarrot cards and I think that's pretty sweet.

versus our cards (Which are alright, I just like those old ones better)

Talk? Talk is for lovers, Merlin. I need a sword to be king.

Detonator

• You made me come back for THIS?
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 06, 2009, 06:09:39 PM »

I do like the tarot card style, but I think the size (apparently the cards were a lot bigger) would have made the decks a lot more frustrating to shuffle and deal.

Nonetheless, it all comes down to how fun it is, and it's pretty damned fun.
"Imagine punching somebody so hard that they turned into a door. Then you found out that's where ALL doors come from, and you got initiated into a murder club that makes doors. The stronger you punch, the better the door. So there are like super strong murderers who punch people into Venetian doors and shit"
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5