Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: The Worst MAGfest Ever  (Read 7684 times)

Brentai

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnXYVlPgX_o
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
Re: The Worst MAGfest Ever
« Reply #60 on: January 10, 2009, 09:19:29 PM »

The next program was to be hours upon hours of the little known Y's anime. Skip Tip: Remember the first time you were told of the true pronunciation of this series? "Not Whys, bird brain! Ease! EASE!"  Well, it so happens that after this exchange, you are directed by International Maritime Law to be as equally as condescending to anyone in earshot making the same mistake.

This is absolutely true and I have the official notice to prove it.

...oh, and uh...

YOU AREN'T SUPPOSED TO SPELL IT WITH AN APOSTROPHE, DIPSHIT.

MadMAxJr

• Tested
    • View Profile
    • RPG Q&A
« Reply #61 on: January 12, 2009, 01:29:05 PM »

Did anyone else get a cold for five bloody days after MAGFest?
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt." - Bertrand Russell

Got questions about RPGs?

Detonator

• You made me come back for THIS?
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 12, 2009, 04:19:10 PM »

Did anyone else get a cold for five bloody days after MAGFest?

Just about everyone got horribly sick during or after MAGFest.

Except me, but I could still be proven wrong.
"Imagine punching somebody so hard that they turned into a door. Then you found out that's where ALL doors come from, and you got initiated into a murder club that makes doors. The stronger you punch, the better the door. So there are like super strong murderers who punch people into Venetian doors and shit"

Brentai

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 12, 2009, 04:37:14 PM »

Especially once I complete my Cold Ray.

It's not a low-temperature beam.

That's all Johnny Snow.

MadMAxJr

• Tested
    • View Profile
    • RPG Q&A
« Reply #64 on: January 12, 2009, 04:42:03 PM »

Brent that was downright horrible.  So horrible you need to fly around on a horrigible.
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt." - Bertrand Russell

Kazz

• Projekt Direktor
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 12, 2009, 04:55:57 PM »

i would have been sick but max just cured me for life

McDohl

• Pika-boo
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 12, 2009, 05:55:52 PM »

I didn't get sick after MAGFest.  The denizens of 1606 were clean, albeit disgustingly FAT.

Mothra

• ┐('~`;)┌ w/e
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 12, 2009, 07:22:33 PM »

I kinda felt shitty after leaving Det's, but that was probably just Avatar withdrawl/Chinese food. As tends to be the case, I felt a lot better after eating a lot of McDonalds and spilling soda all over Kazz's car.

Brentai

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 12, 2009, 07:28:53 PM »

Spilling soda all over Kazz's car is a known cure for food poisoning, syphilis, and the common cold.

Arc

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile

Kazz

• Projekt Direktor
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 12, 2009, 08:16:09 PM »

the others in the room were yelling at me to sound more sorry

re: McDonalds, the McGriddles sandwich is actually fucking phenomenal

Niku

• MEAT
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 12, 2009, 09:12:15 PM »

sadly, if you eat more than one per year you will instantly become one of the horrible syrupy beasts they manage to squish into each griddlecake bun

wait a second it's 2009 now.  FINALLY!
i'm a blog now, blogs are cool: a fantastic machine made of meat

Lady Duke

• Shiny Ranger
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 12, 2009, 09:35:04 PM »

Well, I'm glad to hear I wasn't the only one who got a terrible cold, 'cause I wondered where the fuck it came from.  I know I had a sore throat the last day of magfest and felt awful, and then that became a full-on cold once I got to Florida.  Florida sure is fun with a cold.  And allergies.

I wish magfest was longer than three days.

It was really fun to meet everybody I hadn't met before (which is most everyone except Ocksi, Doom, and Det).

I am so glad Kazz got me Shadows Over Camelot for my secret surprise Christmas present--it was my favorite thing to play and god did I hate being the traitor that one time.  Never again, I swear.  And I loved Puerto Rico and wished we'd played it at magfest (or maybe some of you did and I missed it), because it was really fun at Det's apartment.  And I was disappointed that we didn't get to play or listen to a lot more of Once Upon A Time 'cause I had specifically asked Det to make sure we had it for magfest--I'm super happy he remembered, but we didn't play for too long.

I had a ton of fun, and some of you should post pictures or something because we had enough friggin cameras between us that I'm amazed no pictures are up.  How is that possible?

Also, I know all my brawl stats are wrong because I only played under my stupid nickname for less than 10 matches.

MadMAxJr

• Tested
    • View Profile
    • RPG Q&A
« Reply #73 on: January 13, 2009, 07:56:53 AM »

Det did a round-the-world post about everyone at the con, so I figured I should do the same.

Dohl.  I've known you a few years now, and it's good to know you're just as jolly a fellow in person as you are online.  Please stop playing as Fox and saying "HI I'M DAISY."  Thank you for telling me you are gay for my Dark Heresy RPG in person.

Det.  It was nice to see you again, I still feel bad I couldn't recall who you were, I spent a bloody weekend with you at Doom's place.  Thanks for inviting me and contributing your time as staff for the event.  I was very skeptic at first, but this ended up being one of the best things I've done in a few years.  Hope to play a few more board games with you next time.

Doom.  Is that cooler you hauled around magic?  You kept spawning sodas and treats every time we sat down.  I kind of regret not taking the time to play some DS with you, but looks like you and Kabbage got your war on.  Seeing you light up while playing Shadows Over Camelot was great. 

Duke.  Good lord you swear like a sailor.  Never change!  Admittedly you don't look like a Mudkip as I had previously thought.  You're a mean Mario Kart contender, and I would like a rematch.  I also would like to play more Carcassone with you.

Arc.  It was neat to meet you.  Hope I didn't offend you when I asked what it is you do.  I hope you'd like to come along next year.  You ran around quite a bit from event to event, hope you got to see all the stuff you wanted.  Thanks for the fistful of CDs from the Trunk of Arc(TM).  Sol Divide is the weirdest PSX game I have ever played.  It's a fantasy shump with swords and daggers.

Kabbage.  Pray that Gears of War isn't screwed up next year.  We have some chainsawin' business to do.  Also sitting down to play classic Brawl was probably one of the better half-hours of the weekend.  Maybe I will learn to do things other than pick Falcon, press B.

Geo.  Sadly I didn't get to hang out with you all that much as you were with the party-hard crew, but I need to make note to get that new Hodgeman book you had at your room.  Thanks for crossing the border to come see us.

Ocksi.  I'm going to admit, you're a bit more of a smack-talking, liquor loving, party guy than I'm comfortable with, but you're still a swell fellow.  Your epic tale of being worshiped as you hated on everything in sight while drunk was pretty damned amusing, and I have already started propagating this legend elsewhere.  Your ability to turn any board game into a mindwar is both hilarious and a sound tactic.  Thank you for not trying to force me to eat your sandwich this year.

Kazz.  You got to play miniatures games.  You also handed my ass to me at my own game.  Stop that.  If you ever want to try your hand at that again, there is a less visually impressive version we can play online.  I praise you all the time, so I'm not adding more of that here.

My non-WFE friend with a billion nicknames I can't remeber that we called 'Guy'.  I know you lurk and read this thing, and I'm glad you came with me on this trip.  We only saw each other long enough to go eat and drink in the evening, but you said you had a great time, so I don't feel so bad now.  Hope you go with me next year.  I love that bar, and love the fact you got that Bartender to start hovering around you every night.  As a result we had excellent service, a few good drinks, and some pretty good sushi.

Also thank all of you for humoring me long enough to go to the unlocked sky lobby on 29.  As I later found out, apparently nobody was allowed in there.  Later that night, loud drunken party people flooded that space, with people leaning out of nearby rooms to shout 'SHUT UP YOU GIGANTIC FAGS!' at them.  I think security ran them off then locked the room back up.  So we had our moment of fancy class together, and played some MAGDAR while under an impressive chandelier that apparently nobody photographed.

Aside from a few issues I had with the con itself, (One of the staff running Gears not really liking gears, does not give a shit as result, event starts hour late.  Dilbert the board game is /not/ that funny, please quiet down.  Staff does not know who is running Magical Drop event, nor where it is.  Later told it'll be a few hours before they can get someone to run it for us.) it was a total blast.  When the con became too much to bear, just got to go hang out with Dohl and whoever was in his room for some quiet party-gaming.  Doom, you are some kind of monster at Brawl, yet it was still fun.  Thanks everyone.

Jkid

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 10, 2009, 05:32:03 PM »

Hello, my name is Ndubuisi Okeh. Sorry for taking so long to upload this picture, but I had other things on my mind, like college. Anyway, here's the photo.

McDohl

• Pika-boo
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: February 10, 2009, 10:55:49 PM »

Oh, shit!  I had forgotten about that!  Thanks!  If you've got a higher-rez version, I'd be more than happy if you e-mailed it to me.

Story:

I had departed from the main group to retrieve something from the room (I forget what), and I ran across the Twin Galaxies dude.  The night previous, I had just visited the video room with Max to meet TA, so I figured I'd shake the dude's hand.  This turned in to like a 20-minute conversation with the dude on the far left about speed run strategy for Mega Man X, and I realized I might have the chops to contend for the speed run record.

I haven't acted on it yet, but it's still bouncing around in my head.

Also, JKid, I probably mentioned this to you at the time, but I have that exact same shirt.  The "NOT NOW, I'M BUSY" shirt.

Jkid

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 11, 2009, 07:08:16 PM »

I just emailed it to you a few minutes ago.

BŁge

• won't give you fleaz
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 12, 2009, 09:25:34 AM »

I just emailed it to you thirty-five minutes ago.

McDohl

• Pika-boo
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 25, 2009, 06:24:38 PM »

I had an idea coming home from work today that I just think would be totally awesome.

Bottom Line: Unannounced random sightings of the Elite Beat Agents and Ouendan cheering at MAGFest.

Rosencrantz

• Renegade Game Counselor
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 25, 2009, 10:03:24 PM »

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5