Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5

Author Topic: The Worst MAGfest Ever  (Read 8797 times)

James Edward Smith

• CIS male, Albeist Scumbag
  • Tested
    • View Profile
The Worst MAGfest Ever
« on: January 04, 2009, 09:45:20 PM »

Whelp, dispite United Airline's best efforts to the contrary, I have arrived back home safe and sound and only an hour later than previously planned.

MAGfest was really great this year, guys. It's been a LONG time since I've had anything approaching a proper vacation other than a short side trip here and there and I can honestly say that this trip was the breather that I sorely needed and then some.

WillDet, AlexKazz, JoeyDoom, Jimmy-boyDimastines, and Madmax, It's always great to see you guys and I never look forward to parting company once I realize it's going to be a long time before we can ever hang out again. But at least I can honestly say that we had a LOT OF FUCKING LAUGHS this week and then I can play my "They part company" card.

YvonneLady Duke, JasonKabbage, Arc (name removed at request), Dohl (I can't for the life of me remember your real name now even though you told me twice and I was definately calling you by it all con... It starts with 'A'... I'm terrible with names), I'm REALLY glad that you guys came out. Meeting more people from this community and establishing a realer, face to face connection of any kind is always something that I look forward to and this fest did not disappoint.

I wanna thank William specially for giving me and some of the other worsties a place to sleep in, cook in, and be made to hate citadels in again. I also want to thank him for ferrying me and Jimmy and everyone else who needed it around the few times we needed it. You were always a cunning opponent and as an ally, you could often be relied on to beat off enemy attacks from both sides.

I wanna thank Madmax for being the all around scholar and gentleman that he always is, time and time again, and for providing us with more games than we could shake a Magdar bate at.

I wanna thank Jimmy for I guess, being himself and having the cool and generous friends that he has, because I got a really nice mixed drink out of it, cock-blocked from the SAME WOMAN AGAIN by the SAME GUY who has no reason to, had my life enriched by exposure to the world of underground Washington wonder bread sculpture parties, and I always had a vessel with some sort of alcohol in it in my hand whenever I wanted to. (PS: please mail my watch to me whenever is convienient, I can't stop walking lop-sided now)

I wanna thank Alex for driving me to the airport after first giving me a tour of Washington and its many monuments, drinking all of the winter ale before I could get my hands on one, eating food I bought and cooked for him, and constantly saying I was gay for him just because I find his strong arms inviting and knocked down two other people to get to his pole first during the traditional circle jerk.

I want to apologize to Yvonne for all the gay jokes about Alex.

I always want to thank Yvonne, Arc, Jason, McDohl and Joey for being fun to be around for a week, having a good time, and for either putting up with or even being the butt of our constant gay jokes but mostly our DotA jokes. Because really, the gay jokes were always funny.

... and so, with the plague banished, prosperity was returned to the village forever.
Talk? Talk is for lovers, Merlin. I need a sword to be king.

MadMAxJr

• Tested
    • View Profile
    • RPG Q&A
Re: The Worst MAGfest Ever
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2009, 10:10:54 PM »

Hi.  Before this thread pushes forward any further, let's stop calling people by actual name.  Thanks.
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt." - Bertrand Russell

Got questions about RPGs?

Kayma

• kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • http://twitter.com/kayma
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2009, 10:32:29 PM »

I feel like I just missed a really great party.

Brentai

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnXYVlPgX_o
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2009, 11:17:08 PM »

I don't.

And please, by all means, don't call me Crash Justice.

• Magic Gunner Miss Blue
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2009, 11:26:25 PM »

Hi.  Before this thread pushes forward any further, let's stop calling people by actual name.  Thanks.

I see nothing wrong with this action, and am curious as to the reasons behind your violent opposition.

Kayin

• Akzidenz Grotesk
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • I Wanna Be The Guy
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2009, 01:36:53 AM »

BECAUSE ITS CONFUSING SHEESH JESUS OMFG WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM

Mongrel

• Emoticon Knight-Errant
  • kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2009, 02:08:22 AM »

Oh internets. You so wacky.

Also: Man where was the notice regarding MAGfest first put up? This is the first I've read of it on the boards.

Friday

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2009, 04:49:28 AM »

Arc's real name kills those who hear it said backward. To prevent this weapon from falling into the wro -- er, my hands, he has wisely asked for it to not be revealed.

On the other hand, Brentai has foolishly given me the power to rape underage girls at range, simply by stating Ecitsuj Hsarc out loud.

(Ek-it-sudge Hiss-sarc!)

Thad

• Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • corporate-sellout.com
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2009, 06:31:20 AM »

Sorry I didn't make it to this one, guys.  I have a job now and hopefully I will be more flexible regarding future vacations.

PS: a golden oldie from Westkon '04:

"I'm pretty much calling everyone by their real names now.  Except Kazz.  Because really, you HAVE to call him Kazz.  ...Oh, and Thad.  I NEVER use Thad's real name."
"What IS Thad's real name?"

McDohl

• Pika-boo
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2009, 07:39:41 AM »

:lol:

MadMAxJr

• Tested
    • View Profile
    • RPG Q&A
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2009, 07:48:07 AM »

I see nothing wrong with this action, and am curious as to the reasons behind your violent opposition.

I prefer the freedom of being semi-anonymous online.  While it is not impossible to figure out who I am, I like to reduce the associations between my nickname and my actual name whenever possible.  When meeting in person, I could really care less.  Online, I care because the internet remembers things /forever/.

Another good reason is I keep my online social circle and my real social circle almost completely separate.  One of the few crossovers between the two went to the con with me.  He had a great time, and will likely continue lurking the boards and reading our humorous antics as he has since the early days of pyoko.
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt." - Bertrand Russell

Got questions about RPGs?

McDohl

• Pika-boo
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2009, 07:51:30 AM »

See, you're sort of reasonable about it.  OHakubi seems downright manically fearful of anyone knowing his true name.

Rosencrantz

• Renegade Game Counselor
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2009, 09:13:41 AM »

Arc (name removed at request)

I'm fine with respecting one's privacy and all, but we already learned his name when he lent his voice to those game reviews a little while back.

Sorry I didn't make it to this one, guys.

Thanks for inviting me, like, seven months ago, though!

Brentai

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnXYVlPgX_o
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2009, 09:31:55 AM »

I have an MP3 with his name and voice all over it (and my full name too, but that's been thrown around so many times around here that I may as well be BrentonWilliamRobertsai), but whatever.

McDohl

• Pika-boo
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2009, 10:28:28 AM »

God damned Real Name vampires.

Koah

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2009, 02:50:21 PM »

See, you're sort of reasonable about it.  OHakubi seems downright manically fearful of anyone knowing his true name.

Well, it's kind of like this.

Ocksi

• Guy on a buffalo
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2009, 02:59:17 PM »

Sorry I didn't make it to this one, guys.  I have a job now and hopefully I will be more flexible regarding future vacations.

PS: a golden oldie from Westkon '04:

"I'm pretty much calling everyone by their real names now.  Except Kazz.  Because really, you HAVE to call him Kazz.  ...Oh, and Thad.  I NEVER use Thad's real name."
"What IS Thad's real name?"
for whatever it may be worth, you were there in spirit, guiding a kooch directly into kazz's forehead mid-story.

for this, dey took ar kooch.

McDohl

• Pika-boo
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2009, 03:28:00 PM »

God that was hilarious.

Arc

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2009, 03:48:59 PM »

~ Chapter 11: The Golden Kooch ~

Plundering the Arc Trunk, one of the spoils of war was two koosh rackets and ball. All members holed up into Geo's suite, as Dima & Det began to gamely jostle the ball/kooch around. We all ducked and weaved between missed shots, reminding Kazz of a tale of his from Fenway Park concerning being hit by rogue balls (among his many assorted tales of rogue balls). Garnering everyone's attention, he carefully elaborated on such an event, WHEN SUDDENLY as if guided by the cries of a thousand empty beer cans, Dima accidentally smacked the kooch directly between Kazz's eyes at full force.

My knees gave way. Tears began to form. Laughter flooded the suite, and even a distinct DOHOHOHOHO could be heard. Slowly rising, Kazz exited the room, kooch in hand. We guessed upon the random tortures he was inflicting upon the kooch (among his many assorted methods for torturing kooches), as he returned. Slowly sitting back down, he calmly finished the tale.

The Golden Kooch was never to be found again.*

Aside: Perfectly cool with everyone here knowing my name, not perfectly cool with everyone knowing my name. Cutting back on the usage, hope you understand, much love, super thanks.

*I can't actually remember if it was found, hooha!

Arc

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2009, 04:24:02 PM »

if I looking for phone charger

him name is samsung phone charger

I lost my phone charger

PM Me

Love, Arc

P.S. I'll find my phone charger