Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: A Next Mayor Is...  (Read 8043 times)

Brentai

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnXYVlPgX_o
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
Re: A Next Mayor Is...
« Reply #60 on: March 17, 2009, 01:12:30 PM »

But he's not in the tomb anymore.  He's free.

Detonator

• You made me come back for THIS?
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 18, 2009, 03:45:44 PM »

Suggestions:

-A link at the top of the page to direct new readers to the beginning of the story.

-Mayor story and discussion topics should be on their own board in this forum, so people can find old discussions easier when more Mayor topics come about.

-A better domain name.  I know "themayor.com" is not free, but "themayoronline.com" and "fistpowereddemocracy.com" are.  The name of the site is "The Mayor", so "Worst Mayors Ever" is just kinda confusing.
"Imagine punching somebody so hard that they turned into a door. Then you found out that's where ALL doors come from, and you got initiated into a murder club that makes doors. The stronger you punch, the better the door. So there are like super strong murderers who punch people into Venetian doors and shit"

Arc

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 19, 2009, 06:21:59 AM »

Done, Did, and Doing. Good suggestions, all-around.

Once the next entry is complete, I'll begin thinking of promotion.

:painful: The RSS feed doesn't appear to be updating.

Mothra

• ┐('~`;)┌ w/e
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 07, 2009, 08:39:01 PM »

Finally had some time to catch up on this! Awesome stuff, thanks in huge part to my genius character design and vague overarching "influence." Love the layout, the style, the vote mechanic idea, and the general professionalism of the dang thing. You didn't skimp on anything, and it shows. Feels like, well, a real website.

I've noticed the story's been significantly more enjoyable when listening to the narration, rather than actually reading the text. Part of it's definitely the spot-fucking-on voicework (though I do wish the Mayor had the ability to express anything but grumbling manly thunder. FMA's Armstrong always balanced massive and emotive pretty well, I thought), but I think it's also the fact that you've generally restrained yourself from writing in thick accents. However superficial, hearing Sammy and Titus' accents gave them a bit more character that didn't come through in the text dialogue. More "pavayer ova nuffin'"s and "roight bilious wanker"s.

The other thing: try not to give folks hilariously retarded options that don't really have any direction. Chapter 20 through 22 was a huge waste of time until sharkbus exploded out of left field to move things along - if you give folks the option to yoink 'n bonk, they're usually going to for it for lulz, and we're gonna have to slog through a chapter or two of backpeddling (Titus crying, trying to undo what he'd done) before we can get back on track.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]