Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 [27]

Author Topic: Weird Happenings  (Read 40433 times)

Brentai

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnXYVlPgX_o
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
Re: Weird Happenings
« Reply #520 on: September 25, 2013, 07:58:37 AM »

If I were actually arachnophobic I'd have asked Malikial to change his avatar long ago, you know.

Wait a minute did you just actually do a trigger warning?

Ted Belmont

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: September 25, 2013, 08:14:39 AM »

Trigger warning: trigger warnings

Mongrel

• Emoticon Knight-Errant
  • kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: September 25, 2013, 08:41:19 AM »

Is there a sign on my lawn that says dead trigger storage?

Royal☭

• Supreme Court Judge President
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: October 03, 2013, 07:03:55 AM »

A guy on my Facebook feed just tried to argue that we shouldn't have government because animals get fine without one, using ants as his example.

Libertarians, man.

Brentai

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnXYVlPgX_o
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: October 03, 2013, 07:27:47 AM »

That's the closest I've seen to a libertarian actually admitting that he wants to eventually reform into a monarchy.

R^2

• Not in the game.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #525 on: October 06, 2013, 01:59:24 PM »

That's pretty cool R^2 but I wanna see you make the melon hedgehog. :o

I did this.

François

• Huh.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: November 01, 2013, 10:15:20 PM »

Yesterday I went shopping with my mom in St-Bruno for her birthday, and we ran into Georges Laraque at a cosmetics store. The man was until recently the leader of Canada's Green Party, and before that he was a NHL player signed on to various teams in large part because of his size and enforcer disposition. I look at him, ask my mother "wait, am I taller than he is?", and she's like, "um, yeah, by a little bit". So, that weirded me out pretty hard for some reason. Of course the guy easily has like 90+ pounds more muscle than I do so my general bulk doesn't come close, but still.

I think it's a factor of... Well, intellectually I know I'm tall, but being given the opportunity to compare, it's like my brain suddenly goes "holy shit, I'm bigger than that, holy fuck, I must be TERRIFYING, because I sure feel terrified by myself right now". It's kinda trippy. In a way it makes me glad I'm so mild-mannered, because I'll be damned if this world needs one more asshole of my size.

On the other hand, when I do meet people taller than I am, my first thought is always "I wonder if I could take them in a fight", so who knows, maybe the real blessing is that I'm not actually a short guy.

Mongrel

• Emoticon Knight-Errant
  • kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: November 18, 2013, 12:07:50 PM »

Forgot this fun story from the weekend.

About two months ago, Seabass was trying to set up BBM messenger with me. When he did, he accidentally sent a text to everyone in his address book. When I replied to that text, the first time, it actually replied to everyone from HIS address book. On top of that, my phone number is a very unusual one, being a palindrome composed entirely of fives and sixes. So a bunch of people who had no idea who I was were getting messages like "Is it working yet?" from some 555-5555 number. Many laughs, incident forgotten, etc.

Now on Saturday, I volunteered to pick up dinner for a couple guys at work, which I do from time to time (they give me money, I go out). Anyway, as I was picking up dinner, I felt like having some fun with Seabass, so I sent him a goofball text to tell him I was on my way. Only I accidentally used the old text chain to reply to. The one that goes to all the people on his list.

The text those bewildered people received on Saturday was:

Blue Falcon to Green leader: Cargo on board. Am en route to rendezvous. Operation proceeding as planned.

I think the best part of that was the number of replies I received from total strangers along the lines of "Roger that."

Thad

• Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • corporate-sellout.com
« Reply #528 on: November 18, 2013, 04:28:10 PM »

My friend Brad once related a story of trying to pick up a chick in a bar, getting her number, and then getting brushed off when her boyfriend showed up.

He texted her a few minutes later, "Hey baby, wanna ditch fatty and come sit with me?"

You can probably see where this is going.  He fat-fingered the number and some random person got the text.

Healy

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: November 18, 2013, 05:29:46 PM »

I'm a little slow on the draw so I thought where it was going was the boyfriend beat him up.
the assassination of video james by the coward electronic arts

Mongrel

• Emoticon Knight-Errant
  • kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: December 01, 2013, 08:30:40 AM »

Another fun episode with my phone.

So yesterday at GP Toronto, I was trying to meet up with a guy I know online but don't know what he looks like. He tells me to text him at the event so we can meet up and gives me his number. He says not to call because his phone is text-only.

I try to text him when I get there and the phone is telling me I'm trying to do text-to-landline. I decide to hold off because there's an extra charge for that, but after not finding him, I go ahead and send the text to landline, assuming he must be using some kinda google-number or other such workaround to avoid paying for regular phone service, which is also maybe why my provider thinks I'm trying to text a landline.

Turns out he had just given me the wrong area code (but still a Toronto-area area code). So somewhere in Toronto, somebody's grandma or whoever just got a creepy text-to-voice message, from my weirdo phone number, that went "A/S/L/LULZ?".

Mongrel

• Emoticon Knight-Errant
  • kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: January 11, 2014, 05:00:32 PM »

I asked an ebay seller some specific questions about the size of a model he was selling. This was the reply I got:

Today I am at home I will try to die

D:

François

• Huh.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: January 11, 2014, 05:01:36 PM »

Well that's just rude.

I mean, if you're gonna die anyway, just answer the question and offer free shipping.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 [27]