Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8]

Author Topic: Futurama  (Read 15564 times)

Saturn

• Tested
    • View Profile
Re: Futurama
« Reply #140 on: August 11, 2011, 08:57:33 AM »

I felt like a HUGE NERD for recognizing all but one ship in the spaceship graveyard

The one ship I didn't recognize was from Josie and the pussycats in space.

Thad

• Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • corporate-sellout.com
« Reply #141 on: June 22, 2012, 07:42:36 AM »

You know, I would not have expected "Bender knocks up a soda machine" to lead to a genuinely heartbreaking episode.

I mean, not Jurassic Bark levels of heartbreaking, or Luck of the Fry-rish, but probably on par with Godfellas.

Haven't watched the other one yet.

McDohl

• Pika-boo
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: June 24, 2012, 06:59:10 PM »

I'm rewatching the 4 movies, and I love the depictions of the Supreme Court.  In Wild Green Yonder, it's Justices Alito, Scalia, Ginsberg, Thomas, Janine Garafalo, Paula Abdul, Bjork, Katey Segal, and Chief Justice Snoop Dogg.

I'd have to go back in to the series and see who else is on the bench, but I believe that Richard Nixon appointed Bjork and Katey Segal to the court.

Thad

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • corporate-sellout.com
« Reply #143 on: June 28, 2012, 07:58:26 AM »

Haven't watched last night's yet, but one more thing I noticed about last week's (spoilers I guess but really the twist is pretty obvious):

So if the Martian prophecy correctly predicted that something bad was going to happen to Mars, why did it incorrectly predict that Earth would be safe?

Why, because Earth's orbit MOVED, of course.

That's always something I've kind of loved about Futurama's attention to continuity.  I mean, that may just be a happy coincidence, but I'm betting somebody thought of it in the writers' room.

Thad

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • corporate-sellout.com
« Reply #144 on: June 20, 2013, 02:40:29 PM »

Sharkey

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: June 20, 2013, 04:36:52 PM »

Yay! Shows!
:dance:

Mothra

• ┐('~`;)┌ w/e
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: June 21, 2013, 12:59:16 AM »

:oh:

TA

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: June 21, 2013, 04:30:36 PM »

Well both of those episodes were fantastic.
Do you understand how terrifying the words “vibrating strap on” are for an asexual? That’s like saying “the holocaust” to a Jew.

Thad

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • corporate-sellout.com
« Reply #148 on: July 18, 2013, 02:56:45 PM »

Welp, the rule continues to hold: I like all the trilogy episodes except the holiday one.

Niku

• MEAT
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: October 01, 2013, 02:08:33 AM »

I binge watched the entirety of the last two half-seasons (or last season, whatever) over the past few days.  It didn't always reach the heights that Futurama manages to hit, but very few episodes also sunk to the lows that it's capable of.  And in the end, Futurama got two great finales.  That somehow feels appropriate.
i'm a blog now, blogs are cool: a fantastic machine made of meat

Mothra

• ┐('~`;)┌ w/e
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #150 on: October 01, 2013, 02:49:15 AM »

It varied between horrifically terrible and kind of good. I did enjoy Leela and the Genestalk quite a bit, and The Inhuman Torch was good too. The finale was decent enough, I thought. I think Saturday Morning Fun Pit was almost completely unwatchable, and Forty Percent Leadbelly miiiight be the worst episode of the series.

Overall? I think we got more than enough good out of it to justify the last few seasons. Ghost In The Machines (the Bender nanobot one), alone, justifies the entire thing. Easily the best Futurama episode they've ever done.

Thad

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • corporate-sellout.com
« Reply #151 on: October 01, 2013, 11:09:39 AM »

I think Saturday Morning Fun Pit was almost completely unwatchable,

Not as good as it could have been (Purpleberries sure stretched its two jokes out for...what, three, four hours?  That's how long that segment was, right?), but on the other hand they rhymed "mascot" with "ascot".  And I just can't stay mad at Nixon.

and Forty Percent Leadbelly miiiight be the worst episode of the series.

I thought it was just fine.  That mean puking-goat Susan Boil one still has my vote for Worst Episode Ever.  Leadbelly had a decent premise.

Ghost In The Machines (the Bender nanobot one), alone, justifies the entire thing. Easily the best Futurama episode they've ever done.

Doesn't have the emotional punch the series packs at its highest points, and while the setup is clever it doesn't reach the intricacy of most of the time-travel episodes, or the high-concept tinkering the show sometimes did with its format.

Still probably ranks in my top ten, and "I don't want to live on this planet anymore" may be the single greatest line read Billy West has given in his entire illustrious career.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8]