Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9]

Author Topic: The Demise of Traditional Media  (Read 18730 times)

McDohl

• Pika-boo
  • Tested
    • View Profile
Re: The Demise of Traditional Media
« Reply #160 on: October 02, 2013, 09:52:22 AM »

...I'm surprised nobody did that in City of Heroes.  That would have been the damn most hilarious thing ever.

Super speed power RP'd as turbo-charged Escalade SUV with a chandelier, spinning rims, and neons.

Friday

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: October 02, 2013, 10:02:52 AM »

"Welfare Queen awaaaaaaay!"

It's WEREWOLF QUEEN! OK!? IT'S ALWAYS WEREWOLF QUEEN.

Mongrel

• Emoticon Knight-Errant
  • kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: October 02, 2013, 10:25:21 AM »

Goddamned welfare werewolves.

Ted Belmont

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: October 02, 2013, 10:42:47 AM »

Welfarewolves.

Friday

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: October 02, 2013, 11:15:40 AM »

Welfarewolves.

Each player starts with 2 kids and no money. Each turn, you may have another kid if you choose. Welfare will give you 10 gold per kid, but kids eat 3 gold worth of food per turn. You also must eat 5 gold worth of food each turn, or 1 kid. You may claim fathership of your kids on any other player, that player must roll 1d10 and pay 5 gold to go through the court system. On a 1, 2, 3, or 4, they must pay alimony of 5 gold per turn. 5, 6, 7, results in no effect, 8 or 9 the father at least gets his legal fees back, and a 10 the Judge cuts off the mother's welfare.

Roles:

I Ain't The Daddy: Cannot be held responsible for Alimony.

Breeder: May have up to 3 kids per turn. May claim Alimony against 2 players per turn.

Werewolf Queen: Wins any fight.

Chick still smoking through hole in neck: May have up to 2 kids per turn. At the start of each turn, roll 1d10. If 10, dies of lung cancer. All kids die from neglect.

Facebook Slut: May claim Alimony against any number of players per turn. Like, omg. She was almost raped.

R^2

• Not in the game.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: October 02, 2013, 12:15:19 PM »

On a 2, 3, or 4, they must pay alimony of 5 gold per turn. 5, 6, 7, results in no effect, 8 or 9 the father at least gets his legal fees back, and a 10 the Judge cuts off the mother's welfare.

Because on a 1, a dragon eats you.

Mongrel

• Emoticon Knight-Errant
  • kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: October 02, 2013, 12:20:59 PM »

Hermaphrodite werewolves is a nice touch.

Mongrel

• Emoticon Knight-Errant
  • kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: October 14, 2013, 02:37:04 AM »

Mongrel

• Emoticon Knight-Errant
  • kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile

Mongrel

• Emoticon Knight-Errant
  • kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: October 23, 2013, 05:05:41 AM »

Quote from: NicotineJones
Quote from: Doug
HH: Now Senator Rubio, you’re one of the few Republicans, you know, Jeb Bush is another one, who are actually fluent in Spanish, can read and absorb Spanish media. What is Spanish media saying? And what are you saying to your Spanish-speaking constituents, or at least those who speak primarily in Spanish, about this fiasco?

Marco Rubio: Well, unfortunately, they’ve been highly susceptible to the propaganda from the administration about how good this is going to be. It’s largely been marketed to people as free health insurance, you’re going to be able to go out and get very affordable health insurance if you don’t have any now. And the rate of uninsured among Hispanic-Americans is very high. So it has some appeal. But I think the reality of this is going to affect that community as much as any other in the country. There are people in the Hispanic community that have health insurance now who are happy with it, and they’re going to lose it. There are people who are going to see premiums skyrocket. And I’m sure there are people that are struggling with the websites. In fact, the Spanish language website, which they touted, isn’t even up and running. So that’s one more reason why this needs to be delayed.

HH: What? It’s not up?

Marco Rubio: It’s not, no, not yet.

HH: That’s incredible. That has not been covered at all.

Marco Rubio: Yeah. It has in Spanish. I mean, so again, but the bottom line is you know, this is just part of an ongoing problem with implementation. This thing is not ready for prime time. There’s a reason why they’ve delayed the mandate for businesses. And quite frankly, it’s unfair that they don’t do the same for individuals. No matter how you may feel about this law, people know how I feel about it. But come on, you’re going to go punish people for not signing up for something that they can’t sign up for because the website doesn’t work? That’s just not fair.
Take that, liberals

https://www.cuidadodesalud.gov/es/

Many thanks to the dedicated efforts of our army of fact-checkers, each of whom invested many hundreds of hours of hard work in order to verify the statement of Senator Rubio.

Friday

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: October 23, 2013, 06:18:07 AM »

It's funny, I can actually see him lie-flinching in the fucking textbox.

Büge

• won't give you fleaz
  • Tested
    • View Profile

Mongrel

• Emoticon Knight-Errant
  • kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: December 05, 2013, 04:30:22 AM »

Gawker Op-Ed on Snark, Smarm, and the efforts to shape our modern cultural conversations

On the long side, but a really good deconstruction, I think. Love to hear what any of you think.

Zaratustra

• what
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Zaratustra Productions
« Reply #173 on: December 05, 2013, 06:13:23 AM »

I've found the problem with being pro or against aggressive conversation is that people will think rules of conversation that apply to discussing the newest iteration of Star Wars also apply to a telephone call you made to a lesbian single mother whose opinions you disagree with.

I guess people confuse having an opinion, expressing that opinion and acting on that opinion.

Mongrel

• Emoticon Knight-Errant
  • kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: December 05, 2013, 06:32:09 AM »

I don't think the article was so much pro-aggressive conversation as it was pointing out that calls for "civility" are being used to mask real civility, avoid clarity, and stifle legitimate criticism.

Büge

• won't give you fleaz
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: December 11, 2013, 07:15:19 AM »

So does this thread include news about the mail system? Because it looks like Canada Post is going to start phasing out home delivery.

François

• Huh.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: December 11, 2013, 08:10:53 AM »

Canada Post has been pretty good at not delivering my mail for a while now. I guess it's sort of newsworthy how they're finally admitting to it? "Shitty service becoming shittier, more expensive" seems par for the course for so much nowadays.

Also: community mailbox, in this neighborhood. hahaha

hope you like your restaurant fliers soaked with urine

Mongrel

• Emoticon Knight-Errant
  • kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: December 11, 2013, 09:12:25 AM »

"Shitty service becoming shittier, more expensive" seems par for the course for so much nowadays.

Yep.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9]