Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Author Topic: The Game (IT)  (Read 1272 times)

Kazz

• Projekt Direktor
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
The Game (IT)
« on: March 22, 2009, 03:55:44 PM »

The Game

7 players.

6 of you are drug dealers.  1 of you is an undercover narcotics officer.

Objectives

You play the game by making Deals with other players.  The more players are involved in the Deal, the more lucrative it is for all sides.

Among drug dealers, only one player can win.

The scoreboard is private information.

Day Actions

The Day ends when everybody has declared an action and responded to all proposed Deals that involve him.

Nothing - You can choose to do nothing.

Deal - You can propose or agree to a Deal with other players.  This is finalized when all parties agree on those involved.

Disappear - You exit the game with whatever points remain to you.  You are immune to all actions for the rest of the game.

Night Actions

Investigate - You have a 50% chance of discovering whether or not someone is a cop or an informant, a 50% chance of discovering how many points someone has, and a 50% chance of discovering who that person has killed (if anyone).  (You either discover the truth, or are notified that you didn't discover anything.)

Shakedown - You discover whether or not somebody is a cop or an informant, you discover how many points that person has, and you discover who that person has killed (if anyone).  However, that person knows that you know his status.

Hit - Once per game, you may kill another player.  You take all of that person's points.  It is declared in the thread that someone was killed, but not who the culprit was.  If you hit the cop, you are both removed from the game, but informants remain in play.

Arrest (Cop only) - Choose any number of players that have Evidence against them.  Those players are given a choice: either they secretly become informants, and will now win if the cops win, or they "take the years" and refuse to become informants, in which case they are removed from the game at the start of the next day as though they had Disappeared normally.  In either case, these players do not discover the identity of the cop.

Deals

Players earn points by proposing and agreeing to Deals with one another.

A Deal between 2 players nets each of them 1 point.
A Deal between 3 players nets each of them 3 points.
A Deal between 4 players nets each of them 7 points.
5 players, 15 points.  6 players, 31 points.  All 7 players, stop being douchebags.

If a cop or an informant is included in a Deal, then all non-informant players involved in the deal have Evidence against them.

Victory Conditions

The cops win if all surviving players are informants.

Among those players who Disappear, the player with the most points wins.

Brentai

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnXYVlPgX_o
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
Re: The Game (IT)
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2009, 04:05:28 PM »

DAMN IT YOU MADE ME LOSE

Beat Bandit

• be entranced by my sexy rhythm
  • High-Bullshit
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2009, 06:53:32 PM »

The shakedown seems a bit overpowered against the cop. Notably the game still goes on if he's out but if turn one they all agree to shake down the person to their left than the next night a single hit means the cop is gone and it's free reign.

Detonator

• You made me come back for THIS?
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2009, 07:03:13 PM »

The shakedown seems a bit overpowered against the cop. Notably the game still goes on if he's out but if turn one they all agree to shake down the person to their left than the next night a single hit means the cop is gone and it's free reign.

"Hitting" the cop kills both the cop and the player who performed the hit.  Why would a player voluntarily take himself out of the game?  Non-informant dealers are not on a team, they are trying to each get the most points.
"Imagine punching somebody so hard that they turned into a door. Then you found out that's where ALL doors come from, and you got initiated into a murder club that makes doors. The stronger you punch, the better the door. So there are like super strong murderers who punch people into Venetian doors and shit"

Kazz

• Projekt Direktor
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2009, 10:39:37 PM »

Wouldn't have to hit him, but once his name is out, everybody would just make Deals without him.

Of course the Cop would claim that the person he shook down was the real 5-0.  It'd be best for everybody else to just leave both of the accused out of a big Deal.  But then it's Hit fucking City among those guys.

It's a work in progress, obviously, and Ryg brings up a valid point.  I wrote it in about half an hour, so bring stuff like this up and I'll see if I can start a round of it without having to change shit midway.

As to this particular problem, maybe another cop-only night action in which he can Stakeout someone, and if that person either performs a Hit or gets Hit himself, he gets Evidence on the killer.

jsnlxndrlv

• Custom Title
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Website title
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2009, 08:30:15 AM »

I'd be in if we do this.
Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

Guild

• Board Moderator
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2009, 11:21:41 AM »

i'll do this

this somewhat reminds me of blorange and factions

i'll sue you

Lunartick

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2009, 01:43:53 PM »

yes pleez.

Beat Bandit

• be entranced by my sexy rhythm
  • High-Bullshit
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2009, 04:27:04 PM »

I'm in.

Cait

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2009, 04:46:26 PM »

Some clarification on who's allowed to do the Night Actions might be useful. Can the Cop call in a Hit on someone? Can an informant shake someone down? Soforth.

Kazz

• Projekt Direktor
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2009, 04:55:29 PM »

Oops.  I meant to note that the Cop can't Hit someone.  It was in my mind when I wrote the rules, just never happened to put it down.

The informant can shakedown, sure.

Guild

• Board Moderator
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2009, 03:49:31 PM »

is this going to happen or not. needs three more.

SCD

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2009, 06:33:57 AM »

in