Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Poll

Black/White and Starter?

Black/Smugsnake
- 5 (18.5%)
Black/Sadotter
- 5 (18.5%)
Black/Firepig
- 3 (11.1%)
White/Smugsnake
- 5 (18.5%)
White/Sadotter
- 3 (11.1%)
White/Firepig
- 6 (22.2%)

Total Members Voted: 27

Pages: 1 ... 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 67 ... 78

Author Topic: Pokeymans  (Read 100608 times)

Zach

• Tested
    • View Profile
Re: Pokeymans
« Reply #1220 on: March 15, 2011, 02:21:07 PM »

Heracross and Scizor checking in, being awesome bugs. Even Smogon thinks so, and they hate fun.

Lady Duke

• Shiny Ranger
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: March 15, 2011, 04:42:40 PM »

Yeah, bugs are pretty awesome this gen.  They took a lot of care to make other types seem more enticing.  Like said before, I almost never used bugs or fighting types, but I had my gurdurr for a long while before replacing it with the much more awesome beartic.  And as for bugs, I think the first shiny I want to breed is karrablast.

Burrito Al Pastor

• Galatea is mai waifu
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: March 15, 2011, 06:47:58 PM »

So I'm trying to hold out, like I always do; I haven't yet failed, like I always do. I really liked 2v2s, so 3v3s sound A-OK to me, and "no old pokemon until after the Elite Four" sounds awesome.

Anybody happen to know what the normal/expected lag is between the first two versions and the third version of a generation?
I'm a heartbreaker... My name... Charles.

Bongo Bill

• Dinosaurcerer
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1223 on: March 15, 2011, 07:19:26 PM »

They're inconsistent about it, but it's never fast. I say take the plunge.

If you want triple battles, go for White. Black has rotation battles instead. (Both can be done in multiplayer, but the singleplayer, with the exception of Black City and White Forest, only has one or the other.)
...but is it art?

Lady Duke

• Shiny Ranger
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1224 on: March 16, 2011, 06:27:26 AM »

I wanna beat up Cynthia but my pokemon are only level 60 :<

What's everyone's dex count up to?
Mine is 262 seen, 128 obtained.  I have yet to migrate anything except the celebi and three shiny legendaries.

teg

• DONUTS GONNA' DON
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Teg's Dumb Art
« Reply #1225 on: March 16, 2011, 06:30:55 AM »

Breed a team of level 1s and take her down, like that video.

Bongo Bill

• Dinosaurcerer
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: March 16, 2011, 06:31:32 AM »

Have you ridden on the Royal Unova? Caught the remaining legendaries? Gone after all the [spoiler]sages[/spoiler]? Fought your rivals? Found [spoiler]Alder[/spoiler] and proceeded to have rematches with the Elite Four? That ought to get you a few more levels at least.

Before you try Cynthia, maybe see if you can beat Morimoto? He's the same level, but his team doesn't look quite as beefy.
...but is it art?

Lady Duke

• Shiny Ranger
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: March 16, 2011, 06:33:37 AM »

Have you ridden on the Royal Unova? Caught the remaining legendaries? Gone after all the [spoiler]sages[/spoiler]? Fought your rivals? Found [spoiler]Alder[/spoiler] and proceeded to have rematches with the Elite Four? That ought to get you a few more levels at least.

Before you try Cynthia, maybe see if you can beat Morimoto? He's the same level, but his team doesn't look quite as beefy.

I know all about that crap, I just want to beat her up first, and not mess around with the rest of the crap yet.  I guess I'll just go investigate that underwater maze first or something.

Zach

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: March 19, 2011, 01:25:10 AM »

What's everyone's dex count up to?
Mine is 262 seen, 128 obtained.  I have yet to migrate anything except the celebi and three shiny legendaries.
145 seen, 72 caught. I'm taking my time exploring.

Hopefully, in a few minutes, I'll have a French Ditto.

Bongo Bill

• Dinosaurcerer
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: March 19, 2011, 09:58:46 PM »

Welp. Just finished the Elite Four rematch. The level difference isn't as big a deal in the post-game, really. Next stop: Morimoto, then Cynthia.
...but is it art?

JDigital

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1230 on: March 20, 2011, 01:05:18 AM »

I beat the main game with 141 seen and 81 caught. Never underestimate the power of Scrafty's Hi Jump Kick. The final boss's Hydreigon was one-hitting every member of my team, including Zekrom (why do Team Plasma want Zekrom so badly if they have a non-legendary powerful enough to kill it in one hit?) I was using Revival Herb as quickly as my Pokemon were dropping, until Scrafty survived a hit and knocked Hydreigon out cold in one Hi Jump Kick.

If you haven't faced the Elite Four yet, be advised that you get a break between the E4 and the Champion. A Team Plasma member offers to teleport you to and from the little Pokemon Centre outside the Pokemon League. If you leave your sixth Pokemon in the PC, Reshiram/Zekrom joins at the head of your party when you capture it, and you can immediately use it against N's Zekrom/Reshiram.

Roger

• Waiting for the next Smash Bros is the Pits
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: March 20, 2011, 09:15:28 AM »

My team is skewed heavily towards physical attacks, I noticed, and despite two of the elite centering around psychic and ghost, I lack dark attacks.  Some strategy rethinking may be in order.

JDigital

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: March 20, 2011, 11:14:37 PM »

Aintaer

• My hubris!
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: March 21, 2011, 06:57:57 AM »

It is just me or is this generation super defensive again?

Lady Duke

• Shiny Ranger
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: March 24, 2011, 06:02:57 PM »

Yeah, I'd agree with that statement.  Also really really really slow.  Have you looked at speed stats?  They are gross.  There are about a million walling pokemon, and then all of them have 20-40 speed.  Yeah, I guess they're tanking--because they have to with that fuck up of a movement speed.  You aren't ever going first, and moreover, the TMs don't include trick room or something to fuck around, so then you really need to take hits to have any chance to murder anything.  It's a saaaaaaad story.  But really, some of them are really cool, so I guess I'm okay.

My bigger complaint is how many pokemon need trade evolutions and stone evolutions.  I don't have pokemon black, so it isn't as though I can just go buy those later, so it's sorta shitty.  I don't wanna use my few fire/leaf/thunderstones just to fill a dex spot, but the completionist in me demands me to do so at some point soon.  So it's either waste the stone, trade for it, or fucking breed for the perfect one.

Lottel

• You know that's right
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: March 24, 2011, 08:41:08 PM »

I just got a Swedish ditto today from my buddy in Sweden.
Everyone is telling me it's good for shiny making.

I guess that's neat?

JDigital

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: March 24, 2011, 11:17:45 PM »

The GTS really ought to bury ridiculous trades. Five Japanese Ditto traders and they all want Zekrom.

Lady_Duke: I got a Thunder Stone from a dust cloud in a cave. It's rare, but you can get stones this way. Bulbapedia says all evolution stones are found this way except for possibly the Moon Stone. A level 41+ Pokémon with Pickup can find Moon Stones, and a level 61+ Pokémon with Pickup has the highest chance of finding Moon Stones at 10%, or 1% per encounter.

Lottel: Breeding with two Pokémon of different language regions gives you four times the normal chance to get a shiny egg. That's 1/2048 instead of 1/8192. Still rare, but a foreign Ditto lets you do a lot of foreign breeding to raise your chances.

Best way to get a foreign Ditto if you haven't already is the GTS. Look for a Ditto from Japan. If you're lucky, someone will be doing a Ditto swap. If not, put yours up for a Ditto and hope a foreign player makes the trade.

Aintaer

• My hubris!
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: March 25, 2011, 05:53:09 AM »

List of Pokemon with Over-500 stat total final evolution forms (Generation V only)
Starters and Legendaries excluded, these are just the ones you catch.

First EvolutionType
SandileGround/Dark
TimburrFighting
DrilburGround/Steel
RoggenrolaRock
ArchenRock/Flying
VanilliteIce
KlinkSteel
TynamoElectric
LitwickGhost/Fire
MienfooFighting
Rufflet (White only)Normal/Flying
Vullaby (Black only)Dark/Fly
DeinoDark/Dragon
LarvestaBug/Fire
AxewDragon

What do you notice? A TOTAL LACK OF WATER POKEMON.

JDigital

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: March 25, 2011, 10:59:37 AM »

Seismotoad is 499-power and Simipour is 498. It's almost like they did it intentionally.

Oshawott's a good choice. You need a Surfboard anyway, and Surf's a good enough move to put on a main Pokemon instead of a HM slave. Plus, you get to name him Revolver.

Zach

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: March 25, 2011, 12:11:49 PM »

I can buy Oval Stones and Moon Stones in Black City, if anyone's interested in trading.

Also, if Japanese Ditto traders are being chumps, there are a few other countries where pokemon are big enough to be worth checking out. My French Ditto is one classy blob of protoplasm. Apparently, over there they call him Le Metamorph.
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 67 ... 78