Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Poll

Black/White and Starter?

Black/Smugsnake
- 5 (18.5%)
Black/Sadotter
- 5 (18.5%)
Black/Firepig
- 3 (11.1%)
White/Smugsnake
- 5 (18.5%)
White/Sadotter
- 3 (11.1%)
White/Firepig
- 6 (22.2%)

Total Members Voted: 27

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 78

Author Topic: Pokeymans  (Read 100607 times)

Niku

• MEAT
  • Tested
    • View Profile
Re: Pokeymans
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2009, 02:37:01 PM »

Turtwig > All.

Also I will not be sucked into Platinum because I played Yellow back in the day and fuck the third game in every generation.
i'm a blog now, blogs are cool: a fantastic machine made of meat

Lady Duke

• Shiny Ranger
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2009, 04:26:03 PM »

I mostly agree Niku, except....rotom shaped like...a washing machine......

And well...duh, pokemon events only for platinum.  There's that too.

Niku

• MEAT
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2009, 05:01:33 PM »

rotom shaped like rotom is cuter than rotom shaped like anything else

look deep into your pink and sparkly heart, you know it to be true
i'm a blog now, blogs are cool: a fantastic machine made of meat

Norondor

• Where I'm at is: Fuck you, get shot
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2009, 05:13:31 PM »

i am afraid that niku is right

though killing someone with a possessed refrigerator is pretty awesome (for further edification see Phantom Brave)

McDohl

• Pika-boo
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2009, 05:15:20 PM »

I agree.  An electrically animated washing machine sounds like hours of fun.

Lady Duke

• Shiny Ranger
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2009, 08:38:37 PM »

GASP.  McDohl's wifi finally stopped being such a hussy and I finally sent him his shaymin.  And now he's being e-molested in crappy worldwide chat function in pokemon.  IT'S MADNESSSSS.

McDohl

• Pika-boo
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2009, 08:50:57 PM »

You're telling me.

God that was insane.  Some person from Kanagawa stole my drum, and I tried to play a minigame, but it kept booting me out for some reason.

Officially Licensed Nintendo-Brand Glory Hole!  A++++++++++++++++++ WOULD PLAY AGAIN :perfect:

King Klown

• Honk Honk
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2009, 06:36:19 AM »

I think what I hate most about the pokemon games is that it won't let me build the team I want to defeat the Elite Four.

I'm not looking at the strategy guides, so I'm not sure if there is anything after the E4, but they're sorta the end game in my view. Why can't I trade my 58 Scizor too myself until I beat them?

I'd understand if it wasn't until I got the 8th badge, but the E4?  :sadpanda:

Maybe it's to prevent people from trading level 100's and stomping the E4.

Lady Duke

• Shiny Ranger
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2009, 06:58:06 AM »

You must be able to trade your scizor to yourself, because I traded McDohl last night with a lvl50 Shaymin.  And shaymin isn't in the sinnoh dex, it's in the national so the two pokes are comparable.

McDohl

• Pika-boo
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2009, 07:03:13 AM »

Yeah, once I get the 8th badge, I'm pulling my level 100 mons over from Pearl and curbstomping the Elite Four.

King Klown

• Honk Honk
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2009, 07:13:29 AM »

You must be able to trade your scizor to yourself, because I traded McDohl last night with a lvl50 Shaymin.  And shaymin isn't in the sinnoh dex, it's in the national so the two pokes are comparable.

!!!

:approve:

:pimp:

JDigital

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2009, 10:05:50 AM »

Some people must still be disappointed that they can't take a pokemon all the way up from Red/Blue/Yellow.

yyler

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2009, 11:58:05 AM »

Yeah, and some people look at GSC through nostalgia glasses and think that going back to Kanto was something with more content than the Sevii Islands, so they don't like newer games as much. tD:<

I've been trying to catch a Heracross. There's a four percent chance that when I slather honey on a tree, a Heracross will be there in twelve hours. gonna kill myself

Lady Duke

• Shiny Ranger
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2009, 12:10:36 PM »

I need to get my copy this week :|

McDohl

• Pika-boo
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2009, 12:13:24 PM »

You can get a Sky Form Shaymin as early as Floaroma Town.  There's this lady who stands in the center of town, and if you have Shaymin in your party, she hands you a key item that, when used on Shaymin, transforms it in to Sky Form.  It's reusable and everything.

Bongo Bill

• Dinosaurcerer
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 24, 2009, 04:27:25 PM »

Yeah, and some people look at GSC through nostalgia glasses and think that going back to Kanto was something with more content than the Sevii Islands, so they don't like newer games as much. tD:<

So what you're saying is you don't want to double the landmass of the game and fill it to the brim with cities and dungeons and roads and themed bosses and questing?
...but is it art?

Lady Duke

• Shiny Ranger
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 24, 2009, 04:29:29 PM »

I don't miss GSC one bit.  Worst pokemon species additions in any game, don't appreciate the steel type really, and I didn't really have fun playing it.  It actually made me lose enthusiasm to play pokemon at all after beating it, and then I didn't play again til I bought sapphire after watching Kazz suck at playing ruby.

yyler

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 24, 2009, 04:45:21 PM »

So what you're saying is you don't want to double the landmass of the game and fill it to the brim with cities and dungeons and roads and themed bosses and questing?
When's the last time you played that game? There is no "questing". It's bullshit. It's a bunch of empty roads from town to town. I'd rather have a compact Sevii Islands-type thing like there is in FR/LG, R/S/E, and D/P/Pl than another huge empty region. It's awful and stupid. D/P/Pl has had the best post-game experience so far.

Bongo Bill

• Dinosaurcerer
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 24, 2009, 05:20:00 PM »

The islands are short and tiny and the only interesting battles are all against the likes of Rocket Executives, which is saying something. I'll grant you that Kanto was sparse in terms of added sidequests, but it had one big one that has never really been matched: eight additional gym leaders, the closest thing to a final boss the series has ever had, and an opportunity to revisit familiar places. Kanto had ambition! It had a sort of majesty to it. The substance just didn't live up to the appearance, given how many areas they had to gimp or cut out entirely.
...but is it art?

Lady Duke

• Shiny Ranger
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 24, 2009, 05:22:00 PM »

You know what I hate about gsc even more than what I already mentioned?  Whirlpool fucking HM.  Fuck that.  So hard.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 78