Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Cinematic FilmTrax 3000  (Read 15813 times)

Thad

• Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • corporate-sellout.com
Re: Cinematic FilmTrax 3000
« Reply #60 on: May 21, 2009, 04:18:24 PM »

Going to tomorrow night's show, East Meets Watts.

Can anyone recommend a particular favorite CT?  Given the nature of the show, I'd be very surprised if they're not selling DVD's in the lobby, and if I get a chance to buy one and get it signed I think I'll take it.

(If I were to decide based on the trailers, I'd probably narrow it down to the apocalyptic 1970's space movie and the dubbed Mexican vampire movie.)

Thad

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • corporate-sellout.com
« Reply #61 on: May 23, 2009, 11:47:05 AM »

A great damn show; East Meets Watts is recommended viewing once it's released.

I wound up going with Doomsday Machine as my purchase, and got it signed by the cast; got to BS a little bit with each of them, mainly just tell them how grateful I am they came to my neck of the woods.  I also told Frank he needs to start blogging again and that half the movies in my Netflix queue are his recommendations.  (I didn't even think of telling him I dressed as him for Halloween once in high school; it's so long ago that it didn't even pop into my head until hours later.  But he assured me he'd start blogging again, so maybe I can drop that on his comments section.)

Will let you guys know how Doomsday Machine is once I watch it!  In the meantime, this should go without saying, but I absolutely and heartily recommend catching CT if they do any live shows in your town.  The price of admission is a little steep (~$50 a ticket, plus I paid $20 for the DVD, which I expect is probably about what I'd pay on the website once you factor shipping in) but well worth it; it's a lot of laughs in an auditorium full of MiSTies, and the cast is so warm and friendly.  These guys really love their work and love their fans.  (Weinstein -- whose initials I just noticed are in fact JEW -- commented that MST3K fans are the best fans in the world, because we have an attention span: not only do we love a show that ran two hours long every week, but we still love it ten years after cancellation.)

So that's my experience with Cinematic Titanic.  It was fun!

Mothra

• ┐('~`;)┌ w/e
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 23, 2009, 12:28:03 PM »

Still kicking myself for missing the CT crew when they visited Boston two months back. I am a retarded, lazy man.

Mothra

• ┐('~`;)┌ w/e
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 21, 2009, 11:32:13 AM »

Huh. Was wondering why I hadn't heard of any new Film Crew releases.

Looks like the site got taken down about a year ago, and the sets destroyed not long after that:

During the delay when there was no distributor for the Film Crew DVDs, the sets were destroyed and the cast moved on to the similar project RiffTrax, complicating the issue of any possible future Film Crew episodes. Kevin Murphy has indicated that "We haven’t gotten any new orders from Shout Factory - the new home of MST by the way - and since RiffTrax is becoming so much fun, I think you may have seen the last of the Film Crew."

As of July 13th, 2008, The Film Crew's former website, filmcrewonline.com, is no longer online. Shortly thereafter, Shout Factory put three Film Crew movies on Hulu.com; this was followed on April 5th, 2009, with all four movies being made available on YouTube.

Guess that's a wrap for the Film Crew! Bummer, cause Giant of Marathon and Killers from Space was pretty quality stuff, I thought. Oh well, still got CT and Rifftrax, I suppose!
On the bright side, three of the four FC releases are online and free  :perfect:

Thad

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • corporate-sellout.com
« Reply #64 on: December 20, 2009, 12:07:22 PM »

I do apologize for not bringing this up sooner as it is now over, but this past Wednesday the Rifftrax crew did a live show making fun of various Christmas shorts, and simulcast it to theaters across the country.

It was worth the $12.50!  (Note: I did not actually pay the $12.50, it was a Christmas present from my girlfriend.  But I would have totally paid $12.50 if she hadn't!)

Now, since Rifftrax typically focuses on big Hollywood stuff, it misses out on the "Jesus, where do they FIND this stuff?" aspect of MST3K.  This show, however, was different, as it was full of bizarre and obscure things I had never before imagined, culminating in a gorgeous but very disturbing Max Fleischer animated Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer.

Also, Weird Al guested on a Pork Council advertisement with singing.

A good time was had by all, and I heartily recommend the Rifftrax Live experience.

Also: there's an absolutely great interview on AV Club, which was one of the major sponsors of the event, where Mike, Bill, and Kevin list the worst Christmas movies they've ever seen.

Royal☭

• Supreme Court Judge President
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 20, 2009, 12:15:34 PM »

If you've never caught MST3K before, you can view some episodes on Hulu.

That's directed at the universal "you", by the way, and not Thad.

Mothra

• ┐('~`;)┌ w/e
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 17, 2010, 07:34:31 AM »

The Alien Factor, the new live Cinematic Titanic release they did when they were in TN, is A++ stuff folks.

Basically everything I love about Joel and his crew put against an amazingly awful 1970's alien monster flick. Riffing was top notch, and I honestly liked seeing it live - there were times when Frank or Joel couldn't keep themselves from laughing at another's joke. There's also this guy in the front row who has the loudest fucking laugh ever and each time he loses it it's just a hollar and a hoot.

The other two live releases are decent, but not as good. East meets West is pretty good all around, and the movie itself is entertaining to boot. It's basically the Rush Hour of the 70's (same director as Alien Factor). The Vampire one is really long and drawn out and pretty dull, with not a lot to save it.

Thad

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • corporate-sellout.com
« Reply #67 on: October 25, 2010, 07:10:53 PM »

Rifftrax Live: House on Haunted Hill playing in theaters Thursday.

Mothra

• ┐('~`;)┌ w/e
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 26, 2010, 10:34:05 AM »

Going to this and the Cinematic Titanic showing in Boston the following day.

Thad

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • corporate-sellout.com
« Reply #69 on: October 29, 2010, 05:50:18 AM »

Rifftrax Live was fun.  A couple of great, weird little shorts, one about paper with the standard talking "What if ____ didn't exist?" mascot, and the other about a witch who materializes in a supermarket and badgers people into saving money.

House on Haunted Hill was fun, but "suffered" a bit for being GOOD, IMO.  Sure, there's plenty to make fun of -- particularly the ridiculous skeleton-marionette ending -- but it's pretty much better than damn near anything that was ever on MST3K.  Don't get me wrong, it was funny, and I'm not a member of the "You can't make fun of good movies" club, but the shorts were funnier.

Mothra

• ┐('~`;)┌ w/e
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 29, 2010, 06:37:15 AM »

Shorts were definitely the highlight - loved the bit at the end where the paper bag slowly decays into this craggily palpatine thing and the kid stone cold executes him without hesitation.

Movie was decent riff fodder but suffered from being little more than a string of scenes of folks entering and exiting doors. Also for long, dull stretches of inactivity. Favorite running gag was the doctor entering the scene whenever things were "getting too rowdy".

Saturn

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 26, 2010, 06:06:28 PM »

CT's gonna be in Detroit in February, thinking about getting tix

i saw them when they were in town (Ann Arbor) this summer and sorta regretted not seeing both films (saw east meets watts, other show was oozing skull i think)

Mothra

• ┐('~`;)┌ w/e
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 08, 2011, 09:40:30 AM »

MST3K PlayStation Underground video

A QUICK CHEAP CASH-IN BUCK TO BE CERTAIN, but once they get in the theater this is actually some damn fine MST3K

Thad

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • corporate-sellout.com
« Reply #73 on: September 04, 2011, 10:30:14 PM »

Watching the new Elvira's Movie Macabre.

She doesn't just do the intros and occasional host segments anymore; she actually pops up with riffs now and then too.  So the show's very consciously an even-more-low-budget MST3K.  (Check the episode list and you'll see just HOW consciously.)

I don't expect Joel and co are likely to mind; MST3K owes a lot to Elvira, and turnabout is fair play.

(And incidentally it's apparently still original Elvira Cassandra Peterson in the role, which surprised me; she looks pretty good for sixty, even acknowledging that parts of her are obviously a lot younger than that.  Even considering the makeup, her face doesn't look Botox-y; of course, given that she's spent decades playing a character defined by her paleness, it's possible she's spent those decades staying out of the sun, which could make a big difference to skin aging.)

Büge

• won't give you fleaz
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 12, 2011, 07:37:52 AM »

Ted Belmont

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: September 12, 2011, 07:45:41 AM »

:jizz:

Mothra

• ┐('~`;)┌ w/e
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 12, 2011, 09:32:25 AM »

Oh my goodness

Beat Bandit

• be entranced by my sexy rhythm
  • High-Bullshit
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 12, 2011, 09:52:13 AM »

I'd ride their satellite of love.

Thad

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • corporate-sellout.com
« Reply #78 on: October 03, 2011, 09:10:57 PM »

NEW Beavis and Butthead Episode Preview 2011

Reason I am putting it in this thread should be obvious.  As always, the best part of the show is the mockery of MTV programming -- and, since MTV no longer shows music videos, we are treated to some top-notch riffing on Jersey Shore.

Great shit.  If I have one complaint, it's that frankly the riffs are too clever to be coming out of those little weinerheads.  It's a good problem to have.

Da_Beerman

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 16, 2011, 02:54:41 PM »

to advertise their new riff player they're giving away one free riff from a select few when you download their new riffplayer. Of which include The Happening, Twilight, Highlander, The Room, and The Karate Kid 3 (which is the one I picked just...because)
XBL gamertag: bakedplayaslaya
Steam ID: Da_Beerman
Limits will be pushed
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6