Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Author Topic: Your Job: The Movie  (Read 167006 times)

Büge

• won't give you fleaz
  • Tested
    • View Profile
Re: Your Job: The Movie
« Reply #2480 on: January 09, 2013, 11:20:00 AM »

I was just handed 10 bucks and told to go get as many cookies as I could with it. This is my job. This is what I get paid to do.

Like, girl scout cookies, or...?

TA

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #2481 on: January 09, 2013, 11:22:54 AM »

What's the timeframe?  $10 probably gets a lot more cookie fixins than premade cookies.
Do you understand how terrifying the words “vibrating strap on” are for an asexual? That’s like saying “the holocaust” to a Jew.

Ted Belmont

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #2482 on: January 09, 2013, 11:33:32 AM »

The timeframe was "right now", so I went to the deli downstairs and bought all of the cookies they had.

TA

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #2483 on: January 09, 2013, 11:52:45 AM »

Clearly, your workplace needs to organize its cookie needs better.  With only a day of notice, you could provide a massive pile of delicious homemade cookies for the same cost as last-second crappy stale deli disks.
Do you understand how terrifying the words “vibrating strap on” are for an asexual? That’s like saying “the holocaust” to a Jew.

Thad

• Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • corporate-sellout.com
« Reply #2484 on: January 10, 2013, 10:55:09 PM »

Welp, got an interview for an IT job on Monday, a lead on a programming gig in April (which gives me a couple months to brush up on .NET), and my current freelance WFH projects, while modest, are steady, and I hope to have something to share soon.

MarsDragon

• NO FUCKS LEFT TO GIVE
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #2485 on: January 11, 2013, 08:24:25 AM »

Idiots on a different team broke the build again. And of course they do this right before the dev server builds, so they take down dev for the foreseeable future too. So my local machine and dev are broken, and I need both to actually do work today.

I would be less annoyed about this if that same team hadn't constantly broken the build in the release before this one too.

Zaratustra

• what
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Zaratustra Productions
« Reply #2486 on: January 11, 2013, 09:23:34 AM »

My wife got fired from the coffee house she got for December - Nominally for "being late" and "not keeping with company outfit code" (I doubt there's one minimum wage drone in that place that can actually keep up with a 40-page rulebook), factually for being on the bad side of the management and being January.

Thad

• Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • corporate-sellout.com
« Reply #2487 on: January 16, 2013, 10:47:18 PM »

Two of my freelance deals have been approved over the past twenty-four hours, while it appears that I've been turned down for a set of four.  You win some and you lose some.

(And yeah I'm going to keep coy on this shit until it's actually available.  Counting chickens before they're hatched and so forth.  But hopefully I'll have something to link in the next week or so.)

As for day job shit...well, I thought Monday's interview went well but there's been no news and they said they were looking to hire someone next week, so that's not a great sign.

Shinra

• Big Juicy Winners
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #2488 on: January 18, 2013, 06:35:42 AM »

Today I spoke to a Chinese man living in Australia. He started his sentences with a Chinese accent and finished them with an Australian accent.

:nyoro~n:

Ted Belmont

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #2489 on: January 18, 2013, 02:20:53 PM »

Turning failure into accomplishment: Last week I lost the only key to the security cable that keeps my laptop locked down to my desk. I submitted a ticket to get a new one, and they replaced the whole cable and gave me two new keys(one went in my desk, the other on my keyring). On my status report for the week, I put: "Submitted ticket to help desk regarding faulty laptop security cable. Ticket resolved, faulty cable replaced".

Healy

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #2490 on: January 19, 2013, 03:39:22 AM »

Today I spoke to a Chinese man living in Australia. He started his sentences with a Chinese accent and finished them with an Australian accent.

:nyoro~n:
Kinda reminds me of the old stage stereotype of the guy who changes his accent to match the one of the person he's speaking to. Did he sound kinda like you near the end of the conversation?
the assassination of video james by the coward electronic arts

Brentai

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnXYVlPgX_o
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #2491 on: January 22, 2013, 11:32:00 AM »

We found a Y2K38 bug that became active on Saturday!

EVRYBODY START PANICKING!

Classic

• Happens more often than you'd think.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #2492 on: January 22, 2013, 12:10:41 PM »

Do you know how many people to make panic so that I might accumulate undue material wealth?

Mongrel

• Emoticon Knight-Errant
  • kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #2493 on: January 23, 2013, 08:28:38 PM »

This conversation took place entirely in bad Quebecois French:

"... and so where are all the phones I ordered?"
"Well, lemme see. I gotta check some stuff first."
"Yeah, okay."

[interlude]

"So what's your relationship to this business?"
"Ah, Boss. I'm the Boss-man. I do the business stuff. With my associates." (yes he really said it that way)
"Oh yeah? Well, we called the strip club and they said they don't know your name, never heard of you, didn't open any account, and don't want any phones."
*click*

Brentai

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnXYVlPgX_o
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #2494 on: January 29, 2013, 09:54:26 AM »

The way this week is shaping up it seems like Monday is going to be the LEAST torturous.

Büge

• won't give you fleaz
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #2495 on: January 29, 2013, 10:21:13 AM »

So you're the anti-Garfield?

McDohl

• Pika-boo
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #2496 on: January 30, 2013, 10:49:57 PM »

nega-Garfield

Ted Belmont

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #2497 on: February 11, 2013, 12:09:34 PM »

Complaints made about me by a certain co-worker:
1. I'm not available when she needs me. (Because I should totally alter my work schedule to cater to the whims of one project manager out of 20 or so.)
2. One day, I said I wouldn't be at the office, and then I came to the office. (He was available when he said he wouldn't be! BURN HIM!)
3. I'm on the internet during work hours. (This one is actually accurate, but so is everyone else here. Show me someone who spends every moment at work actually working, and I'll show you a goddamn liar.)
4. I'm not prepared for meetings. (Out of the 10 or so meetings we've had in the past couple of months, I'd say 8 of them had to be rescheduled or cancelled because she double-booked meetings, ran late from other meetings, or just didn't show up.)
5. I listen to music(with headphones) while working. (See #3. Also, if she can't hear it, why the fuck does it matter?)
5. My desk looks like a kindergarten. (???)

Beat Bandit

• be entranced by my sexy rhythm
  • High-Bullshit
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #2498 on: February 11, 2013, 01:26:38 PM »

5. My desk looks like a kindergarten. (???)

Ted Belmont

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #2499 on: February 11, 2013, 02:37:08 PM »

She may have been referring to the fact that I have a bunch of Lego minfigures and other little toys on my desk. If that's the case, then:

a. There is no policy against having such things on your desk.
b. Everyone has some kind of random crap on their desk. In fact, one person on our floor seems to have turned his desk into a shrine to Captain America. As long as it's not offensive, and not distracting/hurting anyone, I don't see the problem.
c. It's none of her fucking business what I put on my desk.