Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 20

Author Topic: Talkin' About Sharkey  (Read 33929 times)

Sharkey

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
Re: Talkin' About Sharkey
« Reply #100 on: September 03, 2010, 06:53:11 PM »

More than two takes (how I wish I could have done it in two.) The timing was way too complicated for that. Mostly actually scripting the thing, remembering two sets of lines for myself, figuring how long each would take and timing them (reading the as yet unrecorded line in my head and trying to guess how long I'd take,) and trying to find the best places to break it up with a video or something so they could be resynched. Also, trying to get all that done between 10AM and noon, using stories that broke this morning or last night.

Huge pain in the ass, especially for the video guy, who I'm sure is really, really sick of hearing my voice after having to dick with this for a good chunk of the afternoon.

Fun, but I am so not a fucking actor and never wanted to be.

Kayma

• kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • http://twitter.com/kayma
« Reply #101 on: September 03, 2010, 06:53:41 PM »

I enjoy timey-wimey bullshit. Also that the video was sponsored by the Air Force.

Classic

• Happens more often than you'd think.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 03, 2010, 06:57:19 PM »

I enjoy timey-wimey bullshit. Also that the video was sponsored by the Air Force.

This was the best part.

I guess you did have some pretty long cuts there. The trick to making time shenanigans easier is to plan your cuts in advance and keep them short?

Oh well, not like you're going to do this again in the near future. Nice work.

Mongrel

• Emoticon Knight-Errant
  • kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 03, 2010, 06:59:20 PM »

It's sad :america: how accurate that 80's commercial was.

Büge

• won't give you fleaz
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 03, 2010, 07:02:04 PM »

Who dual-wields Klobbs, really?

Friday

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: September 03, 2010, 07:12:27 PM »

uhhhhhhhh unless i missed something those were RCP-90s.

Which everyone has dual-wielded.

JDigital

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 03, 2010, 07:23:52 PM »

Still probably the best "guy talking to himself" shoot I've seen yet. Good job.

Joxam

• The Transformizzle
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Shadowrun
« Reply #107 on: September 03, 2010, 07:48:02 PM »

Sharkey you look like Jerry O'Connell.

Beat Bandit

• be entranced by my sexy rhythm
  • High-Bullshit
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 03, 2010, 08:19:53 PM »

Is the two Sharkeys why you have time to post here again?

Mongrel

• Emoticon Knight-Errant
  • kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 03, 2010, 09:11:27 PM »

I love the combination of this line and your current avatar.

Sharkey

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 03, 2010, 09:39:03 PM »

I just had something I was actually feeling proud of for once. Silly, probably.

Bal

• Cheerful in the face of nuclear armageddon
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 03, 2010, 09:46:04 PM »

I like that GameVideos is so terrible you actually linked your own shit from YouTube.

Shinra

• Big Juicy Winners
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 04, 2010, 04:31:46 AM »

I like the outrage from the original goldeneye developer that Activision was only in it for the money. As if the original liscensed game movie tie in wasn't a cashgrab that just happened to turn out good.

James Edward Smith

• CIS male, Albeist Scumbag
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 04, 2010, 08:06:51 PM »

Those were clearly RCP-90s (I never got why they put R and C in front of the P. As far as I know that gun in real life is just called the P-90 and being a submachine gun designed as a last resort defence weapon for tank and helicopter crews, it's far from the uber weapon it was modeled as in Goldeneye) and everyone dual wielded Klobs anyway; That was the only way to kill anyone with the damn things.

The thing about Goldeneye is YES, it was originally a license game that then pretty much randomly ended up being such a favourite on the console. BUT WHY THE HELL MAKE AN OTHER GAME WITH THAT NAME. Like really? You're going to make a sequel to a game that was just licensed shlock in the first place just so that people might buy your game due to name recognition? Like, it's not a bad idea at all, marketing wise, but holy fuck is that tacky. I would never want my name attached to that pile of name grabbing shit. Jesus christ.

Also, Goldeneye for the N64 sucked shit. I know a lot of people love it for being "the first good console shooter with multiplayer" but those people are fags. I dunno about them, but I had a computer and on it I could play any quake and have a much better experience than playing a game with a hokey James Bond theme where you had to press C-buttons to look up or down and strafing was a pain in the ass. Baron Samedi's hat was included in his hit box for fuck's sake.
Talk? Talk is for lovers, Merlin. I need a sword to be king.

François

• Huh.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 04, 2010, 08:26:21 PM »

I understand what you mean vis-à-vis the technically better FPS options on the PC, but getting four dudes on a couch to play Quake on a big TV required a very specific set of circumstances.

Mongrel

• Emoticon Knight-Errant
  • kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 04, 2010, 10:33:36 PM »

getting four dudes on a couch to play Quake on a big TV required a very specific set of circumstances.

Isn't that technically an argument in favour of PC multiplayer FPS over console multiplayer FPS? 

Bongo Bill

• Dinosaurcerer
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 04, 2010, 10:37:26 PM »

getting four dudes on a couch to play Quake on a big TV required a very specific set of circumstances.

Isn't that technically an argument in favour of PC multiplayer FPS over console multiplayer FPS? 

Only if you prefer hard things over easy things.
...but is it art?

Shinra

• Big Juicy Winners
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 05, 2010, 04:11:06 AM »

Those were clearly RCP-90s (I never got why they put R and C in front of the P. As far as I know that gun in real life is just called the P-90 and being a submachine gun designed as a last resort defence weapon for tank and helicopter crews, it's far from the uber weapon it was modeled as in Goldeneye) and everyone dual wielded Klobs anyway; That was the only way to kill anyone with the damn things.

The thing about Goldeneye is YES, it was originally a license game that then pretty much randomly ended up being such a favourite on the console. BUT WHY THE HELL MAKE AN OTHER GAME WITH THAT NAME. Like really? You're going to make a sequel to a game that was just licensed shlock in the first place just so that people might buy your game due to name recognition? Like, it's not a bad idea at all, marketing wise, but holy fuck is that tacky. I would never want my name attached to that pile of name grabbing shit. Jesus christ.

Also, Goldeneye for the N64 sucked shit. I know a lot of people love it for being "the first good console shooter with multiplayer" but those people are fags. I dunno about them, but I had a computer and on it I could play any quake and have a much better experience than playing a game with a hokey James Bond theme where you had to press C-buttons to look up or down and strafing was a pain in the ass. Baron Samedi's hat was included in his hit box for fuck's sake.

Unless something has recently changed, Goldeneye on the Wii is a remake, not a sequel, with modern FPS features, like netplay and regenerating health, and of course, much better graphics. To a point, I'm with you on Goldeneye being overrated, but it's still one of the most beloved Nintendo titles of all time and a remake seems obvious. All remakes are cashgrabs, because you have a built in fanbase of people guaranteed to buy your product who, unless you fuck up catastrophically, will always be satisfied with the quality of your product. It's really, really hard to fuck up a remake. Cashgrab or not, a lot of people are going to enjoy and appreciate this game - I know we'll be buying a copy.

Besides, let's stop kidding ourselves, all games are cash grabs. Last I checked, the entire point of getting a publisher is to make money off your game. It's not like Rare was a boutique studio of independent artist developers like the Braid guy and Zara.

Joxam

• The Transformizzle
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Shadowrun
« Reply #118 on: September 05, 2010, 04:21:35 AM »

Making money doing something you love and doing something because you love to make money are two entirely different things and I think Rare is arguing they're in the first category while remaking a game is in the second.

Mothra

• ┐('~`;)┌ w/e
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 05, 2010, 05:03:36 AM »

Like Rare can get on anyone's case about uncreative cash-grabs after shitting out Perfect Dark Zero
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 20