Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Poll

How do you access the WFE?

Bookmark.
- 46 (51.7%)
Google (page rank!).
- 2 (2.2%)
worstforumsever.com into address bar.
- 7 (7.9%)
sharkey.gamespite.net into address bar.
- 19 (21.3%)
Wait we're not at either of those addresses any more.
- 15 (16.9%)

Total Members Voted: 89

Pages: 1 ... 69 70 71 72 73 [74]

Author Topic: State of the Worst  (Read 118958 times)

Mongrel

• Emoticon Knight-Errant
  • kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
Re: State of the Worst
« Reply #1460 on: January 16, 2014, 04:33:03 AM »

McDohl

• Pika-boo
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1461 on: January 16, 2014, 11:42:59 AM »

...Moon.  NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

It wouldn't have been as funny if I hadn't spent every Monday in November and December playing Majora's Mask on stream and being terrorized.

R^2

• Not in the game.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1462 on: January 16, 2014, 11:57:49 AM »

So, uh...

Three more days, then?

Ted Belmont

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1463 on: January 16, 2014, 12:23:56 PM »

Poor little guy has no idea. He still thinks it's Christmas! :(

Brentai

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnXYVlPgX_o
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1464 on: January 16, 2014, 02:23:33 PM »

Three more days, then?

Wasn't intentional, but at the rate we're going I think that's about what it works out to, yeah.  Would be nice to get this all behind me over the holiday weekend, although I can't give you clear dates on when the game servers or Outer Heaven will be back up.  I'm gonna really try not to disrupt people's webhosting though.

sei

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1465 on: January 17, 2014, 07:33:54 AM »

So, are we copying content over?
Archiving and 301ing it?
Something else?

Brentai

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1466 on: January 17, 2014, 07:19:15 PM »

HI EVERYBODY

If you have a swank brontoforum.us webspace: I'm shuffling over webspaces now.  This is sort of a manual process, which doesn't mean a whole lot for you except if for some reason you have been previously unsatisfied with your username, domain or setup-time aspect of your account, now is actually a pretty convenient time to change it!

PLEASE PM ME IF YOU HAVE A WEBSPACE and tell me if you want to change your current username/domain OR if you're happy to keep yours.  Giving me a no-change notice helps because I can go ahead and get you set up and check that off the list.

Anybody who doesn't notify me by <arbitrary point in time that I decide that webspace migration is the last task on the list> will be automatically moved over with the same credentials, including password.  I have everyone's current password except Sharkey's for some reason.

Brentai

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1467 on: January 19, 2014, 07:32:56 AM »

Shadow Moses is back up at 208.167.224.200.  It's a pretty generic TF2 server right now but once things settle down a bit I'll hook in all the candy and hand the keys over to the regular gameserver admins.

Next up: Starbound.  I'm not going to set up Minecraft until somebody requests it, because I don't think anybody has touched Big Shell in over a year.  I do have the world files safely backed up though.

If you have any other weird gameserver requests, let me know.  I'll be setting up a JC-MP server up too even though nobody requested it and nobody wants to play it with me because fuck you allllll.

Brentai

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1468 on: January 19, 2014, 01:42:49 PM »

Starbound may or may not work.  I don't know.  It runs but I can't seem to actually make a connection to it, and the error messages are unhelpful and not everyone has encountered all the issues yet because this game technically isn't even close to finished.  I've got some ideas but it involves rethinking how I'm deploying the whole thing.

Whatever, Starbound wasn't a thing we were supporting before anyway, I can deal with it later.  We've got TF2 and webservices; I'm gonna finish up moving over sites (this is your last chance if you want something changed cleanly) and then crash the moon into this place tomorrow morning.  If you've got any last respects to pay, go for it.

Brentai

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1469 on: January 19, 2014, 05:20:20 PM »

One thing I noticed as I'm shuffling all these over is that everyone's file directories are currently indexed by default (i.e. a list of files will show up if you put in a directory URL, instead of spewing an access denied error).  Not sure if everyone was okay with that, didn't notice, or didn't realize that that's actually something we can separately reconfigure.  I'm keeping it on by default moving forward, but PM me if you don't want that.

jsnlxndrlv

• Custom Title
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Website title
« Reply #1470 on: January 19, 2014, 05:49:58 PM »

This is my favorite website, not that you'd know it from my posting history, and yet this particular incarnation of the forums saw me demonstrate an Olympian aptitude for flakery and failure. Don't get me wrong: I've had some great times on here, too! Still, I can't wait to hear that ocarina melody.
Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

Brentai

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1471 on: January 19, 2014, 06:02:13 PM »

One thing I noticed as I'm shuffling all these over is that everyone's file directories are currently indexed by default

Scratch that, reverse it.  Indexing is OFF by default, enabled for a few special people (i.e., me, because I had previously kept my own stuff in the main html folder).  So, PM me if you want it ENABLED, or else it won't be.

Beat Bandit

• be entranced by my sexy rhythm
  • High-Bullshit
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1472 on: January 20, 2014, 12:54:37 AM »

Starbound may or may not work.  I don't know.  It runs but I can't seem to actually make a connection to it, and the error messages are unhelpful and not everyone has encountered all the issues yet because this game technically isn't even close to finished.  I've got some ideas but it involves rethinking how I'm deploying the whole thing.

There have been a whole bunch of issues with the server that's been going (also gameservers) and probably will be for a while.

That said, the server is still running, and should be for two more months. So there's at least that much time to worry about it.
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 71 72 73 [74]