Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Author Topic: Game News Dump  (Read 280931 times)

Beat Bandit

• be entranced by my sexy rhythm
  • High-Bullshit
  • Tested
    • View Profile
Re: Game News Dump
« Reply #2960 on: August 01, 2011, 03:20:52 PM »

must have fatman

Disposable Ninja

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #2961 on: August 01, 2011, 03:22:42 PM »

The DCAU Batman is still a pretty beefy dude. Also: he looks like he sounds. The Batman Beyond suit, though? That suit goes on a lithe teenager. I don't care if it was designed for beefy Bruce Wayne. It goes on slender Terry McGuinness.

Ziiro

• Inquiry?
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #2962 on: August 01, 2011, 04:03:19 PM »

Hahahaha.

Oh, man.

So that company that came up "UNLIMITED DETAIL" and other bullshit a year ago isback The way he goes on about it and his tone is insufferable. The technology sounds great, but I don't see anything there about animations and characters - which is supposedly one of the bigger issues with voxels. But yet they really really push it for gaming.

And then the best possible person to shoot them down shot them down.

Bongo Bill

• Dinosaurcerer
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #2963 on: August 01, 2011, 04:33:43 PM »

I can't tell at that resolution if the one with the blue cape is supposed to be the Adam West costume. It kind of looks like it has the eyebrows but that might just be the lighting. Is there a larger version?
...but is it art?

Ted Belmont

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #2964 on: August 01, 2011, 06:37:42 PM »

Looks more like this version to me.

Thad

• Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • corporate-sellout.com
« Reply #2965 on: August 01, 2011, 08:57:49 PM »

It's definitely the 1970's-'80's-era Aparo Batman.  (Which is the version Ted just posted, but I figured I'd give Aparo a credit since it's his design.)

Ted Belmont

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #2966 on: August 02, 2011, 03:22:41 AM »

I thought it was, but I wasn't sure! I mostly just wanted to link to the post about Batman taking a dude out with a car battery.

• Magic Gunner Miss Blue
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #2967 on: August 02, 2011, 01:47:27 PM »

heheh, bat-tery

Envy

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #2968 on: August 02, 2011, 02:16:34 PM »

teg

• DONUTS GONNA' DON
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Teg's Dumb Art
« Reply #2969 on: August 05, 2011, 07:40:33 PM »

August 6th; 2011

Happy 25th Anniversary, Metroid.

Too bad Nintendo is quietly ignoring you.

(it's the sixth in Atlantic Canada right now fuck you)

patito

• kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #2970 on: August 05, 2011, 09:35:13 PM »

Hey, after the last game even I'm ignoring it.

LaserBeing

• invisible murder cube
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #2971 on: August 06, 2011, 02:52:19 PM »

lmao if you think Metroid has ever been profitable enough for Nintendo to warrant the same anniversary treatment as Mario and Zelda

Mongrel

• Emoticon Knight-Errant
  • kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #2972 on: August 06, 2011, 03:06:18 PM »

It's funny. You'd think they'd get more mileage out of a blonde bombshell combat machine.

Norondor

• Where I'm at is: Fuck you, get shot
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #2973 on: August 06, 2011, 03:16:56 PM »

sorry, but the only people who like metroid games are gamers, and gamers don't buy enough games to satisfy nintendo.

teg

• DONUTS GONNA' DON
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Teg's Dumb Art
« Reply #2974 on: August 06, 2011, 05:57:40 PM »

lmao if you think Metroid has ever been profitable enough for Nintendo to warrant the same anniversary treatment as Mario and Zelda
I understand what you mean; not a chance it would be as big as Mario or Zelda, but it deserved something.
It did a pretty good job of staying relevant over the last decade too. Back in 2001 it wouldn't have been worth a fifteenth anniversary celebration, but then it suddenly went from from "no new game over an entire console generation and nearly a decade" to "highest-rated game of the PS2/Gamecube/Xbox generation. It's not their biggest franchise, but it's not like it's a small one. We got seven games in the last decade, and Other M was the only one to really get any substantial amount of negative criticism.

seriously though just a mention on their website or something would have been nice.

"3D Classics: Super Metroid" would have sold 3DS' and you know it.

Thad

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • corporate-sellout.com
« Reply #2975 on: August 06, 2011, 11:52:41 PM »

Yeah, they really went all-out with that Super Mario All-Stars port.  I hear they added a couple of videos to it!

teg

• DONUTS GONNA' DON
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Teg's Dumb Art
« Reply #2976 on: August 07, 2011, 06:50:15 AM »

My favourite thing about the Super Mario All-Stars port is that it's pretty much exactly as good as Nintendo implied it would be.
If I recall correctly; they didn't even confirm it would be available in America at first, there was very little actual news concerning it when it was announced, and it had an extremely limited print run when it came out. In retrospect it's pretty obvious that it was just a lazy  port collection only really made for collectors that had been blown completely out of proportion.
I remember parents trying to get me to sell them my copy back when I worked at Blockbuster, and I kept trying to explain to them that it was just a couple of ports of games that you can get on the Virtual Console for five bucks a pop.

Brentai

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnXYVlPgX_o
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #2977 on: August 07, 2011, 07:58:32 AM »

It's a testament to how much people love Mario, and how out of touch Nintendo has gotten with those people.

Thad

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • corporate-sellout.com
« Reply #2978 on: August 07, 2011, 11:53:08 AM »

My favourite thing about the Super Mario All-Stars port is that it's pretty much exactly as good as Nintendo implied it would be.
If I recall correctly; they didn't even confirm it would be available in America at first, there was very little actual news concerning it when it was announced, and it had an extremely limited print run when it came out. In retrospect it's pretty obvious that it was just a lazy  port collection only really made for collectors that had been blown completely out of proportion.

Right.  And you know what equally-lazy task they could do now to commemorate Metroid?

Another limited run of Metroid Prime Trilogy.

I imagine the reason they haven't is that they can't justify the production/distribution cost based on their current sales.  It happens, particularly in the waning years of a console's lifespan; that's how we wound up with a fully-translated, unreleased Earth Bound NES.

Anyway.  If Nintendo were going to go for some limited release business for some vaguely-defined "hardcore" demographic, I'd rather see Xenoblade, but of course I doubt there's anybody out there actually trying to decide a release between those two choices.

...anyway.  Bears repeating that I would have quite liked an updated Super Mario All-Stars.  480p res, 16x9 ratio -- ideally not NSMB graphics but those would be acceptable I guess.  Add in the extras from the GBA releases.  Maybe more, but hell, the eReader levels alone are something the majority of players have still never seen.

Point being, of course, that the real irony is that SMAS was, at release, the opposite of a half-assed port; it's no Zero Mission, but it's still one of the best rereleases ever.

And people don't do shit like that anymore.  You never get an overhauled, multi-game rerelease like that.  Occasionally you'll get a really thorough reinvention of a single game (Mega Man: Powered Up), or a multi-game collection with some slight tweaks (Metroid Prime Trilogy), but something on the order of SMAS is pretty much unheard of anymore.

Guess the closest thing I can think of is FF4:Complete, but judging by Parish's review it still feels like a half-assed cash-in.

It'd really be nice if SE could cool it for a couple of years on the FF4 rereleases, too.  I'm not advocating the FF7 remake that the fanboys are misguidedly begging for, but if they're set on remakes there are plenty of other FF's that could benefit from a makeover.

(I hear FFT is finally out for iPhone.  And it's still showing a few growing pains -- text menus are awkward as hell, which is to say it's pretty much like playing FF3DS with the stylus -- but once the inevitable FF4 port shows up, SE's going to need somewhere to go from there.)

(...it occurs to me that Dragon Quest 9 would have worked really well on the iPhone.)

Mothra

• ┐('~`;)┌ w/e
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #2979 on: August 07, 2011, 12:32:55 PM »

Super Mario Brothers Deluxe for the GBC was a pretty fucking excellent rerelease of a game I never imagined I'd buy again (though that is honestly the only one I can think of).