Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8

Author Topic: Werewolf Variants  (Read 15370 times)

Kazz

• Projekt Direktor
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
Re: Werewolf Variants
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2008, 08:56:22 PM »

Huh.  Hadn't noticed Sharkey's omission.

That's an interesting reflection on the community, innit.

Arc

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2008, 09:49:20 PM »

I just noticed there were two idiot roles.

:endit:

Brentai

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnXYVlPgX_o
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2008, 02:36:06 PM »

I think they're much less obvious than the standard moron.  Plus:

The following rules may not overlap each other.  Also, there is no guaruntee that all or even any of these roles will be given out.

Classic

• Happens more often than you'd think.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2008, 04:08:32 PM »

The more I think about it, the more I prefer idiots who need to die by night kills and night kills alone. That's an achievement.

Brentai

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2008, 08:13:10 PM »

This post is for Idiot variants.

Standard Idiot: Wins if dead by end of game, loses otherwise.

Lynch Idiot: Wins only if lynched.
Target Idiot: Wins only if KILL BY DEMONS.
General Leo: Wins only if permanently killed (GRPG Wolf only)

Hard Mode Idiot: Wins if dead by end of game AND team wins.
Easy Mode Idiot: Wins if dead by end of game OR team wins.

Idiotic Fuckup: Wins if team loses.
Complete Idiotic Fuckup: Wins if dead by end of game AND team loses.
Determined Idiotic Fuckup: Wins if alive by end of game AND team loses.

Idiot of Destiny: Wins if dead by end of game and team wins, OR if alive at end of game and team loses.
All or Nothing: Wins if dead by end of game and team loses, OR if alive at end of game and team wins.

Note: assume that all the variants below can be combined freely with the above alive/dead/win/lose conditions for further variations.

A Certain Kind of Idiot: Wins only if killed by a specific action, i.e. vigilante, ninja, lightsaber etc.

Idiot Bomb: Wins only if killed by end of game, but will kill any responsible for killing it, including all voters if lynched.
Idiot Cherry Bomb: Same as above, but won't kill voters if lynched.
Idiot Bomb with a Fuse: Same as Idiot Bomb, but won't retaliate if killed directly.

Suicidal Idiot: Wins only if killed within a certain number of days.  If time limit is exceeded, the idiot will lose and be removed from the game.
Idiot Bomb with a Short Fuse: Same as Idiot Bomb, but must be killed within a certain number of days to win.  If time limit is exceeded, will explode harmlessly somewhere and lose.

Idiot Voter: Loses if votes for a wolf.  Ever.

Cursed Idiot (1921/Rawk Hawk): Wins only if killed by end of game.  If lynched, everybody who voted for him will be unable to vote the following day.  If directly killed, his killer (or killers) may not vote or use abilities until he (or one of them) publically admits to killing the Idiot.

Kazz

• Projekt Direktor
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2008, 08:25:17 PM »

add also the 1921 idiot variant, as posted in the paper wolf thread

Brentai

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2008, 08:29:52 PM »

It is done.

James Edward Smith

• CIS male, Albeist Scumbag
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2008, 09:42:31 PM »

Metalgear: Solid Wolf

US Government (Wolves):
Can only perform night kills as long as Snake or Raiden are alive. They win the game if they out number the innocents and lose if Snake and Raiden are killed

Snake - Must effectively be killed twice by either a night kill or a lynch vote to actually be killed. The first time he is killed or lynched he is only discovered and the second time he is killed.

Raiden - Must effectively be killed twice by either a night kill or a lynch vote to actually be killed. The first time he is killed or lynched he is only stripped naked and the second time he is killed.

Meryl Silverburgh - Has a hot ass and is the Devil. Does not start out as known to the wolves since they couldn't find her codec frequency on the CD case.

Nastasha Romanenko - A Nuclear Weapons expert, can lock down one characters abilities for a night due to them being in the room with all the warheads.

Foxhound (innocents):

Liquid Snake - As the loving brother of all the genome soldiers, he can protect anyone from the lynch and has a posh British accent.

Revolver Ocelot - A spagetti western gun-slinger whose prefered weapon is the colt single-action army, Ocelot counts as an innocent. However, if either team wins the game and he has not been killed, then both teams actually lose and Ocelot wins when it is revealed that he was simply manipulating everyone from the start.

Decoy Octopus - A master of disguise, he never scans as the same role twice and never as himself. The player will not know that they are decoy octopus and will instead be told that they are an other random role.

Sniper Wolf - Can provide one player with sniper cover every round thus protecting them from night kills. If she is attacked she shoots the fuck out of Meryl, causing the player to backtrack to that room with the pits to get the sniper rifle. She then loses her power since she has to sit there pinning down Meryl.

Psycho Mantis - There's no player two slot to save you now! He is the Seer.

Vulcan Raven - Stalks the night with a vulcan cannon he salvaged from a downed F-16 Falcon. Some might call him a vigilante.

Grey Wolf - He counts as an innocent but yerns for death, only wins if he dies and hopefully a painfull death at that. His personal victory only matters to him and does not end the game.

Genome Soldier - The default powerless innocent.

Please feel free to point out obvious flaws.
Talk? Talk is for lovers, Merlin. I need a sword to be king.

Classic

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2008, 10:47:09 PM »

Standard idiots are no longer "in" for one thing, and your wording on this version's idiot seems ambiguous. Does the idiot just have to die to win (i.e. standard)?

James Edward Smith

• CIS male, Albeist Scumbag
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2008, 05:37:21 AM »

How is it ambiguous in any way? Because I made a "Hurt me more" joke? I still basically just say "He has to die to win. Him winning doesn't end the game." I don't know how to make it any less ambiguous than that.
Talk? Talk is for lovers, Merlin. I need a sword to be king.

Classic

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2008, 05:59:00 AM »

If you meant "especially violent death" to have in-game meaning, you'd be using the "must be night killed" idiot variant that I'm particularly enamored of.

Arc

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 29, 2008, 03:02:20 PM »

QuikWolf

Can be applied to multiple variants:

Rule 1) Every player's initial post for a day must include a lynch vote. Failure to include a lynch vote will bar the player from voting for the day.

Rule 2) Each day and night session will last exactly twelve hours each, or until a lynch or all night power commands are completed. The player with the most votes at the end of twelve hours is lynched. If two or more players are at a tie, the game moderator rolls to see who will be lynched.

The End

Brentai

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 29, 2008, 04:13:24 PM »

...this is actually how you're supposed to play online wolf, it's just we slowed things down to make things more deliberate and intense.

...ha ha ha  :nyoro~n:

Brentai

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 29, 2008, 04:51:40 PM »

IDIOT WARS
An unabashedly fucked-up Werewolf variant.

Basic ruleset is the same as Vanilla Wolf.  Recommended number of players is 3 Innocents to one Wolf, for as many Wolves as the GM feels like.

The twist is, everybody's an Idiot.

What kind of idiot is determined completely at random, using a number of values from the mod tables below.  These values are non-unique, meaning that, for example, every player in the game may be attempting to die, or every player may be a Seer.

I told you this variant was fucked up.

DEATH CONDITIONS
Each player may have one of the following death conditions:
MUST NOT SURVIVE: Player must be dead by end of game to win.
MUST SURVIVE: Player must be alive by end of game to win.
MUST BE LYNCHED: Player must be killed by a lynch vote before the end of the game.
MUST BE KILLED: Player must be killed by something other than a lynch vote to win.
MUST NOT BE LYNCHED: Player may survive or be killed, but may not be lynched.
MUST NOT BE KILLED: Player may survive or be lynched, but may not be killed.
NO DEATH CONDITION: Player needs only fulfill team victory conditions to win.

TEAM VICTORY CONDITIONS
Each player may have one of the following team victory conditions:
TEAM MUST WIN: The player's team must win the game for the player to win.
TEAM MUST LOSE: The player's team must lose the game for the player to win.
NO TEAM VICTORY CONDITION: Player needs only fulfill death conditions to win.

If a player does not have death conditions or team victory conditions, that player wins no matter what.  How he plays the game is entirely up to his whimsy.

ON DEATH
The player may cause any number of the following things to happen on his death:
EXPLODE: If lynched, every player who voted for player will die.
INTERCEPTOR: If killed, the player who killed the player will die.
LOCK VOTES: If lynched, every player who voted for the player will have their votes locked for a day.
CURSE: If killed, the player who killed the player will have his vote locked for a day.
MASS REVEAL: If lynched, every player who voted for the player will have his team, victory conditions, and abilities revealed publically.
FINAL REVELATION: If killed, the player who killed the player will have his team, victory conditions, and abilities revealed publically.

ABILITIES
The player may have any number of the following abilities (if the player has multiple scry types they still only get 1 scry per night):
SEER: Learn one player's team, victory conditions and abilities at night.
ORACLE: Learn one player's team at night.
IDIOTMASTER: Learn one player's victory conditions and abilities at night.
FOOL: Thinks he's a seer, but has a 50% chance of seeing things completely the opposite.
VIGILANTE: Once per game, can perform a single kill at night.  Can't kill himself, that'd be silly.
DAY-GLO NINJA: Can publically kill a player once per day.  Killing doesn't remove the ninja from the game, but it is rather obvious and unstealthy.
SHERRIF: At night, can choose one player to lock up.  That player cannot use his abilities that night, but also cannot be killed or voted for the next day.  A game with a bunch of sherrifs is crazy.
WOLFSBANER: Chooses one target per night.  That night, the target is protected from wolves.  If targeting self and attacked by wolves, the wolsfbaner loses the ability.
POSSIBLY LUCKY: Survives one night kill automatically.

Bongo Bill

• Dinosaurcerer
  • Board Moderator
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 29, 2008, 04:54:54 PM »

If there's a Werewolf Game Queue then I'd like to add Two Towns to it.
...but is it art?

François

• Huh.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 29, 2008, 07:11:53 PM »

I'd play Idiot Wars.

Norondor

• Where I'm at is: Fuck you, get shot
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 29, 2008, 08:16:39 PM »

idiot wars is amazing, good work

Kazz

• Projekt Direktor
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 29, 2008, 08:45:49 PM »

I think, for Idiot Wars, you should have less chances to reveal tons of information at once (ie, the mass-reveal on lynch stuff).  Part of the interest of the game is not knowing what everybody's real motivations are.

I think the Oracle should find out not just someone's team, but whether or not that person wins when his team wins.

If you're into public revelations, the Reporter and the Bad Reporter may be fun additions.  (Seers that reveal their information in public on the next morning; whether they were Good or Bad (real or fool) is never revealed, even in death.)

I also demand that you run it.

Brentai

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 29, 2008, 08:48:05 PM »

Yeah I really want to try it after Pyoko vs. WFE.

And then after Idiot Wars comes GRPG Wolf.

Maybe someday Wolves of the Three Kingdoms.

...I really need to stop making variants.

Kazz

• Projekt Direktor
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 29, 2008, 08:57:02 PM »

RUN IT INSTEAD OF PYOKO VS WFE

RUN IT NOW
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8