Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: How do I made Let's Play  (Read 8772 times)

TA

• Tested
    • View Profile
Re: How do I made Let's Play
« Reply #40 on: April 01, 2010, 04:23:02 PM »

I remember having trouble getting audio from games to be recorded by FRAPS until I set it to accept Stereo Mix as an external input.
Do you understand how terrifying the words “vibrating strap on” are for an asexual? That’s like saying “the holocaust” to a Jew.

TA

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 01, 2010, 04:45:35 PM »

Oh hey, got it working.

Turns out if I go to the Headset Microphone there and set it to output to my Headset Earphones, like this:

And then set the Headset Earphones to be default output, so the game audio is coming through them like it's honestly better for it to do for this anyway, like this:

And FRAPS is recording the Stereo Mix as an external audio feed, like this:

Then both what I'm saying into the mic and the noises the game is making both show up in my FRAPS recording.
Do you understand how terrifying the words “vibrating strap on” are for an asexual? That’s like saying “the holocaust” to a Jew.

Frocto

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 02, 2010, 08:35:22 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lVVZsJNfDE

I found a nice video about getting tracks that are normally not allowed up on youtube. I tested the theory and it worked. :)
"And it is because they have fallen prey to a weakened, feminized version of Christianity that is only about softer virtues such as compassion and not in any part about the muscular Christian virtues of individual responsibility and accountability."

TA

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 02, 2010, 10:57:43 AM »

Okay Fraps doesn't work with emulators so I'm trying this Camtasia/Virtual Audio Cable thinger.  But there's a problem.

Okay, this setup is a lot simpler, so I'm kind of proud of it. It doesn't require a microphone jack and can be done with a USB headset, just like the other. The problem with the other setup is that 1) it's overcomplicated and 2) it only works with programs that let you specify an audio output.

So, anyway, it uses stereo mix, but basically fools your computer into thinking your USB headset is a microphone jack. You turn the game on, make sure the sound is playing to your computer's speakers and NOT the headset, pipe Stereo Mix and the USB through to VAC1 and then make sure Camtasia or whatever you're using is recording that.

This is soooo much easier than the other setup and I can see myself using it a fair amount.

I have exactly this set up.  Sound is coming out of the computer's speakers and not the headset, Audio Repeater is open in two instances just like you show and piping Stereo Mix and the Headset to VAC1 and I hit Start on both, and Camtasia is trying to record from VAC1.  But it's not working.  Camtasia recordings are coming up with no audio at all.  The weird part is that it did work, then I tried to fuck with the levels for Stereo Mix because the game's audio was way louder than my voice, and now it's not working at all even though I think I reverted my changes.  Do I need to have some specific setup with Default Devices and Default Communications Devices in the audio settings?

TA

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 02, 2010, 11:16:31 AM »

And I think I figured it out.  The answer: Line 1 needs to be the Default Device in the Recording devices, not just in Camtasia itself.

Frocto

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
"And it is because they have fallen prey to a weakened, feminized version of Christianity that is only about softer virtues such as compassion and not in any part about the muscular Christian virtues of individual responsibility and accountability."

Reaverbot

• i hate stoplights...
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • my youtube profile
« Reply #46 on: April 02, 2010, 08:06:51 PM »

Fraps works with emulators. I know for sure it works for no$gba and virtualboyadvance, and if you set zsnes to fullscreen... 640x800? i think, it works as well.

Smiler

• HOM NOM NOM NOM
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 17, 2010, 10:43:16 AM »

So, I was recording my videos as .mpg for the Alcatraz level, and the quality looked fine. Yesterday I recorded another video, and in my opinion it looks worse. I am wondering if this looks okay. I would just rerecord the video, but after you beat a level, you don't get the little talky bits after you get your stats. I would splice those parts into a new video, but somehow the resolution got turned down as well, so it would be all messed up.

Test video

Frocto

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 09, 2010, 02:30:42 AM »

Audacity crashed earlier and I lost 90 minutes of commentary. Can someone suggest a better commentary recording program?

Classic

• Happens more often than you'd think.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 14, 2010, 07:35:06 AM »

90 minutes without taking a break to save?

Frocto

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 14, 2010, 08:06:07 AM »

Whether it was 90 minutes or 2 minutes, I still don't want a program that arbitrarily deletes my commentary you ape

Smiler

• HOM NOM NOM NOM
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 04, 2010, 09:42:17 AM »

Frocto have you found an alternative to Audacity yet? I just had the same problem as you did. Luckily I was able to recover my audio, but it's really fucking retarded how Audacity decides to crash whenever it feels like.

Frocto

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 04, 2010, 09:43:58 AM »

I have not. And you have my sympathy.

Smiler

• HOM NOM NOM NOM
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 19, 2011, 04:37:13 PM »

God damn why are all of the recommended "Good video editing" tools absolutely terrible to get working? I guess I am sticking with vegas for now.

R^2

• Not in the game.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 10, 2012, 10:49:35 AM »

Have there been any great strides forward in recording vidyagames for YouTubing in the last two years? I'd like to see about starting video or hybrid LPs but if everything in this thread is two years out of date I figure there may be better setup for it now.

Smiler

• HOM NOM NOM NOM
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 10, 2012, 02:39:43 PM »

There really hasn't been anything new for recording desktops. Especially if you are only recording older roms.

Brentai

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnXYVlPgX_o
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 15, 2012, 01:13:35 PM »

I think one of the NES/SNES emulators has a good recorded playthrough -> MPEG conversion utility, if you're looking for that.
Pages: 1 2 [3]