Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Author Topic: Shit Days  (Read 214918 times)

Classic

• Happens more often than you'd think.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
Re: Shit Days
« Reply #3380 on: October 10, 2013, 12:03:12 AM »

DN gets all the hugs.

Stush

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #3381 on: October 10, 2013, 12:31:03 AM »

A trillion hugs! <3

Mongrel

• Emoticon Knight-Errant
  • kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #3382 on: October 28, 2013, 05:48:36 AM »

For a couple days now I've had a pinched nerve in my neck that's making it hard for me to breathe.

Catloaf

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #3383 on: October 31, 2013, 06:42:59 AM »

So today I find out that I've been wrong about something important for literally years.  I only need to pass the lowest level (or equivalent) of the JLPT to graduate.  Meaning I could've been done with college half a year ago, because I know I could've and still can pass the lowest level easily.  Also, it's a month and a few days late to change what test I'm signed up for this December.

jsnlxndrlv

• Custom Title
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Website title
« Reply #3384 on: November 01, 2013, 04:15:30 AM »

We just had a tumor removed from our cat Angel's colon where it meets with the intestines. Test came back today, and the carcinoma has spread to her lymph nodes. She has maybe six months with no treatment, or six months to a year if she goes on chemo. One of the best indicators that a cat will respond well to treatment is body weight at the time they start, and of course hers is way under where it should be since she's been unable to digest food.
Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

Mongrel

• Emoticon Knight-Errant
  • kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #3385 on: November 01, 2013, 04:37:59 AM »

:<

Büge

• won't give you fleaz
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #3386 on: November 01, 2013, 07:12:19 AM »

* Büge hugs Newbie

Disposable Ninja

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #3387 on: November 26, 2013, 03:59:09 AM »

This is all going to sound horrible and selfish on my part, but I try to emotionally divorce myself from the nightmare that has consumed my older brother's entire existence as much as possible. I talked to him this morning, listened to just how utterly depressed he is, and I am just fucking furious.

In June of last year, one of his four-month-old twin boys had bleeding in the brain. Despite no evidence beyond the bleeding, (which may have been caused by the boy being born two months premature, or by any by any number of things including hereditary problems), CPS determined that he had been abused and had both twins taken away. The boys were placed with a couple that was friends with my brother's wife.

Shit happened, the couple turned against my brother, and the twins were placed with the wife's mother and step-father. They weren't placed with my mother and me because I'm on prozac, ergo I'm a danger to the children. I'm not allowed to be alone with them.

Seriously.

Anyway, the wife's mother is insane and the step-father is straight-up evil, abusive and controlling. This guy somehow managed to worm his way into controlling the situation, and instead of helping my brother and sister-in-law, he's using this whole mess as a way to control them. When he says jump, they jump or he calls the authorities on them. He actually stood up in court and objected to them getting their boys back.

Meanwhile insane mother-in-law has, very literally, rendered both children autistic. I am not exaggerating. These boys, nearly two years old, are operating on a six-month-old level. She doesn't play with them. She doesn't talk to them. She doesn't allow them to socialize, or make messes, or make commotions, or be disruptive. She sits them in front of a big-screen television and plays the movie Rio all day.

Zaratustra

• what
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Zaratustra Productions
« Reply #3388 on: November 26, 2013, 04:04:17 AM »

Jesus, DN, that sounds like the sort of thing you should be calling newspapers about and telling it at length to a reporter with page hits glowing on their eyes.

Zaratustra

• what
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Zaratustra Productions
« Reply #3389 on: November 26, 2013, 05:22:45 AM »

Grandmother had a bad slip and hit her head. The doctors aren't optimistic.

This is probably rationalization - I mean, she's 90 and wasn't that much in touch with reality lately - but the avoidability of the situation is what bothers me most. So much money doing Bejeweled clones and we have no decent solution for the fact eventually most humans need help to keep themselves upright.

My mother feels even worse, as she was caring for her at the time. Ugh.

Mongrel

• Emoticon Knight-Errant
  • kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #3390 on: November 26, 2013, 06:30:09 AM »

Man, just a river of bad news for you guys today. :((((

Classic

• Happens more often than you'd think.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #3391 on: November 26, 2013, 07:56:55 AM »

Yikes.
I hope my sympathy helps you feel a tiny bit better.

Büge

• won't give you fleaz
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #3392 on: November 26, 2013, 11:13:06 AM »

Yeah, I wish I could do something to help both of you.

Disposable Ninja

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #3393 on: November 27, 2013, 03:40:54 PM »

Been thinking about my nephews, again.

It seems that the mother-in-law is blaming vaccinations for the twins having IQs of 60.

Tragedy fact: my brother and his wife spent thousands of dollars at a fertility clinic in order to have these children.

Mongrel

• Emoticon Knight-Errant
  • kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #3394 on: November 27, 2013, 05:01:11 PM »

I am seriously starting to think Zara has the right idea. This sounds like an awful enough story that the press just might pick it up.

Mothra

• ┐('~`;)┌ w/e
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #3395 on: November 27, 2013, 06:25:46 PM »

Christ almighty. That is a nightmare.

Smiler

• HOM NOM NOM NOM
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #3396 on: November 30, 2013, 03:21:38 AM »

so embarrassingly enough, after playing pinball fx2 I think I janked up my hand pretty bad. The base of my right index finger had some soreness and I felt some resistance when I bent the finger. About 5 days later I finally decide to look it up and it's probably trigger finger. So now I have my finger in a ghetto splint to see if I can fix any swelling that may have happened. I'm hoping it helps, because jeeze this kind of sucks. Also typing this without a finger really fucking blows.

Mongrel

• Emoticon Knight-Errant
  • kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #3397 on: December 03, 2013, 04:31:35 PM »

GUYS MY BRAIN IS FALLING OUT MY EARS ALSO MIGHT HAVE MISPLACED MY EYES

Mongrel

• Emoticon Knight-Errant
  • kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #3398 on: December 04, 2013, 01:35:42 AM »

ARGH THIS COUGH JUST WON'T DIE.

Got over the cold part of this cold (was it a cold?) two weeks ago. Since then I haven't been able to shake this cough. Saw doc on monday, he just told me to take cough syrup. Didn't feel THAT bad yet, but this stupid thing keeps getting worse every day. Can't bloody sleep at all.

Büge

• won't give you fleaz
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #3399 on: December 04, 2013, 02:18:53 AM »

Strange. Whatever this is, it seems to have attacked my sinuses and throat, but I've been spared the vomiting symptoms.