Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 173

Author Topic: Shit Days  (Read 214917 times)

Guild

• High-Bullshit
  • Tested
    • View Profile
Re: Shit Days
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2008, 11:37:32 PM »

DN: Focus less on what you're becoming and more on what you are. It is obvious you've set your bar so high as to cause depression; you're not that special. All most of us can hope to accomplish is to reach the end of this life with good friends and good memories.

Hallmark

Disposable Ninja

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2008, 11:38:54 PM »

... did... did you even read my post?

Brentai

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnXYVlPgX_o
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2008, 11:40:33 PM »

Unfortunately a Friendship Speech can't fix that shit, so we're ignoring it.

Classic

• Happens more often than you'd think.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2008, 05:56:20 AM »

We do like your Friendship AND giving Friendship Speeches however!

Arc

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2008, 06:40:43 AM »

So, is this an older twin brother we're talking about here, or did your parents just bang like clockwork?

Just throwing that imagery out there.

Büge

• won't give you fleaz
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2008, 07:06:54 AM »

It happens, Arc. My brother and sister were born exactly nine years apart.

James Edward Smith

• CIS male, Albeist Scumbag
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2008, 07:07:12 AM »

That is good imagery. You can think of it as either a spring operated mechanism with a gear mechanism and two very distinct states of in and out or a digital watch sort of set up where...

I'm going to be 25 in November and I have never really accomplished dick though I have learned a lot. I think I'm a much more reasonable and rational person than most of our society, but I always strive to be better and I try not to judge other people harshly, especially when it's not my place. Also, I'm always working on accomplishing something and I hope to beable to say I've done something that I am proud of in the next 10 years or so.

Having someone that I cared for on a deeper level than fucking would be nice too. But all in all I've got it alright, so I'm not complaining. It's all relative anyway, when you think about it.
Talk? Talk is for lovers, Merlin. I need a sword to be king.

Disposable Ninja

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2008, 09:19:56 AM »

So, is this an older twin brother we're talking about here, or did your parents just bang like clockwork?

Older conjoined twin, actually. How this is possible, the mechanics of which are simply too complex and, indeed, mind blowing for me to properly explain.

I was just born on his fifth birthday is all, actually. Buge said, this isn't uncommon.

Arc

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 28, 2008, 09:36:39 AM »

It isn't statistically common, therefore, it is uncommon.

:doit: Freaks.

Disposable Ninja

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 28, 2008, 09:44:54 AM »

All we want is to be accepted, Arc. We're not monsters, we sacrifice our virgins to Cthulu and give hermaphroditic birth to death babies just like everybody else. Why can't you just let us be? Why do you have to judge? Love us, Arc. Love us.

Brentai

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnXYVlPgX_o
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 28, 2008, 11:03:03 AM »

At what point did every single post by DN become somewhat uncomfortable to read?

Guild

• High-Bullshit
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 28, 2008, 11:11:06 AM »

Birthday Fun-Facts:

There are only 366 possible birthdates.

There have been cultures in the world which used lunar calendars, so rather than a birthday you'd have a birth-month, with days being incedental happenings during the month.

Typically, as women age they are perceived as losing beauty, but as men age they are perceived as gaining it.

The birthday song is copywritten.

Some believe that the concept of the birthday was started in the first century in Rome.

Bugs Bunny is 70 years old!

Rosencrantz

• Renegade Game Counselor
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 28, 2008, 06:19:48 PM »

It happens, Arc. My brother and sister were born exactly nine years apart.

I was born on my great-uncle Jim's 50th birthday. When I was 17, we congratulated him on his 50th anniversary of being a Catholic priest, which made me stop and think about what the next fifty years of my life might be like.

Kazz

• Projekt Direktor
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 28, 2008, 06:25:29 PM »

Typically, as women age they are perceived as losing beauty, but as men age they are perceived as gaining it.

This is one of those traditional "beliefs" that was probably decided by old men.  Like those cultures where, as a coming of age ritual, you have to blow all the elders.

Classic

• Happens more often than you'd think.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 28, 2008, 06:35:09 PM »

... Which cultures are those?

When I was 17, we congratulated him on his 50th anniversary of being a Catholic priest, which made me stop and think about what the next fifty years of my life might be like.
Did they involve fleeing seminary?

Kazz

• Projekt Direktor
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 28, 2008, 07:14:24 PM »

Papau, New Guinea, I guess.  LD told me the story.

Sharkey

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 28, 2008, 07:19:10 PM »

Preview page comes back from its Nth editorial review with "this game isn't out yet" scrawled next to one of them. No fucking fooling.

Thad

• Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • corporate-sellout.com
« Reply #37 on: April 29, 2008, 12:00:00 AM »

Over the better part of the past ten hours, I have watched my partner rewrite code which I spent the past two weeks on, and which was working fine as of this afternoon.

Now, this only bruised my ego for about the first fifteen minutes.  I have a certain amount of pride in my work and of course it's never fun to watch somebody completely dismiss something you've spent so many hours on.  But objectively, he knows Flash better than I do -- I have literally learned it in the aforementioned two weeks -- and his code is easier to read.

But also objectively, you do not fucking rewrite code that works the night before it's due.  I don't care how ugly it is, if you're rewriting it it had better be because you have finished ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING ELSE on the project.

As I write this, it is 1 AM and we have still not caught up to where I was at 3:00.  And we still have to code a GUI.  And finish the writeup.  And a PowerPoint, if we don't finish the GUI.  And there is a homework assignment due tomorrow which we have both barely started which looks like it will take four hours.

So really, the fact that it was my code that got taken out isn't the point.  The point is that I could be in bed now -- or at the very least, finishing up that homework assignment -- if I weren't working with a guy who would rather spend ten hours rewriting code than take XML as the input language.

Also he's been very snotty about the whole thing.

Kazz

• Projekt Direktor
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 29, 2008, 12:01:47 AM »

That's why I hate working in groups.

Guild

• High-Bullshit
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 29, 2008, 12:05:44 AM »

This is one of those traditional "beliefs" that was probably decided by old men.  Like those cultures where, as a coming of age ritual, you have to blow all the elders.

I believe it has more to do with the fact that some girls like confidence, which comes more easily with age, and therefore learn to think of older guys as sexier.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 173