Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Writing Contest 2  (Read 8801 times)

Guild

• High-Bullshit
  • Tested
    • View Profile
Re: Fiction Contest 2
« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2009, 08:45:51 AM »

Yeah sure.

Aintaer: Achievement Unlocked.

Doom's sense of sarcasm is broken.

Aintaer

• My hubris!
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2009, 10:15:25 AM »

Defenestration: 5
I uh.  I really couldn't get into this even if I cared.  I am not bothered by this.  I think you need to up the rhetoric to be more bombastic.

Guild: 7
I actually agree with Guild here.  #ff is dead and it's due to people being too nice.  OU SONT LES ASSHOLES D'ANTANS?

Lunartick: 2
Points for effort but, in order to troll you really have to go after a topic that people ca*YAWN*

Topus: 6
I actually liked this and think it would have gone well were it posted in another subforum.  At the very least it amused me greatly.

Aintaer: 10
What? Tell me that was not the best troll.  I mean, Doom thought it was a real complaint. I ought to give myself extra points for that.

yyler: ???
Once again, some of you I have no idea if you are participating or not.  Anyway if I were to judge your first posts, I'd have to read them and the surrounding thread which is way too much work.

Bongo Bill: 9
I did feel the urge to argue with you a bit, to be honest.  I'll be a bit more generous than Brentai for the apparent sincerity.

Detonator

• You made me come back for THIS?
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2009, 10:20:08 AM »

Is it too late to point out this isn't a fiction contest?  It's an essay contest.

I would have participated had this contest not been so moronically mislabeled.  I have a very good topic and everything, but I avoided this contest entirely because I thought it was... creating fiction.  Imagine that!
"Imagine punching somebody so hard that they turned into a door. Then you found out that's where ALL doors come from, and you got initiated into a murder club that makes doors. The stronger you punch, the better the door. So there are like super strong murderers who punch people into Venetian doors and shit"

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Board Moderator
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2009, 10:21:46 AM »

oh no but if I respond to your smartass observation and it turns out you made it to troll me I guess that means I fell for your troll

but in fact typing out this reply means I care enough to type out a reply oh no i've been trolled

Detonator

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2009, 10:25:47 AM »

This isn't a joke, I'm just wondering how this could possibly be considered a "fiction" contest.  I think the deadline should be extended for the "real" contest, with the topic title changed.
"Imagine punching somebody so hard that they turned into a door. Then you found out that's where ALL doors come from, and you got initiated into a murder club that makes doors. The stronger you punch, the better the door. So there are like super strong murderers who punch people into Venetian doors and shit"

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Board Moderator
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2009, 10:26:53 AM »

Eh, we already have more real contests coming up. I'll change the title, but I'd like to keep it closed. Do you really think more participants are going to wake up because I clarify the rules a little?

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Board Moderator
  • Tested
    • View Profile
Re: Writing Contest 2
« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2009, 10:29:12 AM »

<Doomykins> And Aintaer's entry is disqualified because this is an essay contest.
<Doomykins> I guess he can earn a merit for such high scores for such an excellent troll
<Doomykins> I'll make a pretty new achievement

• Magic Gunner Miss Blue
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2009, 02:27:17 PM »

Guild: 5
Ehhhhhhh. I've seen much, much better from you. 

Topus: 6
Points for effort, but you came on a bit too strong, and didn't flesh it out.

Aintaer: Special Award
You trolled the trolling contest. It's not an essay, so I can't give it an actual score, but you deserve credit for actually getting someone to take you seriously.

yyleror: 1
Technically you posted but, no.
See the post below

Bongo Bill: 9
Took this, posted it on some music forums. Wow. You caused a riot! It was spotted somewhat early on that it was a troll, and much of the rage was squelched instantly. Still, though. [Successful Troll Is Successful.jpg]

Defenestration: 9
Minus one point for going for the Holocaust & white supremacy (Sorry, but those are ridiciously easy targets in a trolling contest), but about a billion points for causing a ban-people-thread-delete-holy-shit argument when I posted it on the internets. I'm pretty sure if this was said in a stadium, there'd be deaths from all the arguing and fighting.

Lunartick: 7
Hrm. On one hand, nice effort, poured research into it - but it's very loud, and comes off as red-faced screaming rambling. Easily tuned out and spotted as a full on troll.

yyler

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2009, 02:46:41 PM »

FYI guys I was going to make a real entry and didn't so you can just strike my scores from everything entirely

Guild

• High-Bullshit
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2009, 08:15:58 PM »

Curses. Beaten by a younger me. Now I understand country western music.

Kazz

• Projekt Direktor
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 16, 2009, 05:22:05 AM »

THE OFFICIAL JUDGMENTS OF THE GRAND DUCHY OF KAZZIA

Defenestration: 3/10

Too mild.  Yeah, it's a little ridiculous to defend cross-burning, but not ridiculous enough.  Grammatical errors make it difficult to follow (the opening line, in particular, is broken).  No vitriol; hard to tell that you're trolling, but not in a good way.  You sound too open-minded, like you're willing to have a discussion about this.

Guild: 1/10

I totally agreed with your post.  100%.  Therefore, it was an awful entry into this contest.

Lunartick: 2/10

Wales?  Who gives a fuck about Wales?  Anyway, you're clearly trying to be humorous in your post (and it worked, by the way), which is not the purpose of the contest.  Nobody's going to get up-in-arms about somebody calling out Wales.  Sorry.

Frocto: 1/10

Again, penalized because I agree with you.  Also, you are clearly oozing sarcasm.  One moment while I change the WFE to the TGE.

Aintaer: 5/10

Best trolling in the thread, which isn't saying much.  Could have stood to be longer.

Bongo Bill: 9/10

Excellent work.  Not quite trolling, but you sound quite convinced of your points (and indeed you might be).  The use of strawmen at the end was particularly grand:
Imagine if other things worked like that: if chefs thought their steak wasn't complete until it had been caked in play-doh; if sex were customarily preceded by tap-dancing.
Several of your arguments, and your calling-out of the Beatles over one dumb line from one of their early pop songs, really makes one want to respond: I can think of good Beatles lyrics, I can think of bands who use the singer's voice as an instrument, I can think of songs which would be awful without lyrics.  I can also think of plenty of songs where the singer is terrible and the lyrics are godawful.  You walk away with the contest with this entry.

(Bonus points for prompting an actual response to your topic in the thread.)

Kazz

• Projekt Direktor
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 16, 2009, 05:24:02 AM »

I'd like to formally request a short extension to the contest (a couple days more, perhaps) just because I want to see what Detonator will write.

Brentai

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnXYVlPgX_o
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 16, 2009, 07:53:16 AM »

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Board Moderator
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 16, 2009, 08:46:00 AM »

Hmmmm... agreed, then. Scores put up thus far still stand.

Extended five days from today, or until 9 AM of the 21st, Eastern Time.

Lunartick

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 16, 2009, 09:02:17 AM »

Do I get a framed turd?

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Board Moderator
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 16, 2009, 09:03:11 AM »

I could give you a frame and allow you to place yourself upon a wall.

Lunartick

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 16, 2009, 11:55:00 AM »

:perfect:
I think I found some wit on wfe!

Detonator

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 16, 2009, 12:18:26 PM »

Hi, my name is Det, and I think it's okay to fuck animals.

Hey there, good lookin'

I know what you're thinking now.  "Det, you sick fuck, that's disgusting!"  And you're right, but who are we to judge?  What makes us think we know what animals do and don't like?  How can we say that something is animal cruelty just because genitalia are involved?  Opposition to beastiality is just a gut reaction to something that makes us uncomfortable, not too different than homophobia or racism.

I didn't advise this!

"But!" You say, "This is different!  Animals cannot consent to sexual acts!"  Well, you're right.  Animals can't consent.  But we still own them as property, and can do whatever we want with them as long as we're not hurting them.  Animal cruelty laws are still around.  Just as legalizing marijuana wouldn't mean we hand out joints to 6 year olds, there would still be restrictions to prevent animal abuse.

Please save me

Animals are stupid.  They can't comprehend why what's happening to them is "disgusting", just whether they like it or not.  They don't have to same capacity to hide their feelings like people do.  If they don't enjoy something, they are going to let you know it.  If they do enjoy it, then it's win-win for both sides.  Should fido's owner be hauled to jail just because he enjoys peanut butter?  This is the kind of invasion of privacy that we're usually decrying.

nothing to lol about

Besides, look what pet owners do to their pets anyway.  Do you think a dog wearing a sweater likes it?  No, but no one is calling the cops over the lady who thinks all of her dogs need one.  Pets are around for our enjoyment, and it shouldn't be society's place to tell us exactly how we can and can't enjoy them.

IT'S ONLY A CRIME
 :advice:
IF YOU TELL

Guild

• High-Bullshit
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 16, 2009, 12:51:00 PM »

THE OFFICIAL JUDGMENTS OF THE GRAND DUCHY OF KAZZIA
Guild: 1/10

I totally agreed with your post.  100%.  Therefore, it was an awful entry into this contest.
---
(Bonus points for prompting an actual response to your topic in the thread.)

You are not only being judged upon your ability to troll, but to convince.

Bonus points if you can produce factual evidence and for severity of taboo and uniqueness. The Holocaust Didn't Happen is a good topic, but is it a fresh one?

I move that Kazz be awarded the didn't read the rules achievement, or perhaps a 'didn't read his own rules' achievement.

Call it a Guildy.

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Board Moderator
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 16, 2009, 01:19:53 PM »

the rules sucked but I'm pretty sure Kazz has been awarding harsh low scores the entire time and won't care
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4