Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Writing Contest 2  (Read 8804 times)

Guild

• High-Bullshit
  • Tested
    • View Profile
Re: Writing Contest 2
« Reply #40 on: August 16, 2009, 01:23:43 PM »

this is a conspiracy

i demand recounts

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Board Moderator
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 16, 2009, 01:24:56 PM »

One for Martin, Two for Martin.

Would you like another recount?

Detonator

• You made me come back for THIS?
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 16, 2009, 01:28:25 PM »

Guild, the problem is that Kazz wasn't convinced by your writing, he already agreed with you before reading your entry.  Now that doesn't mean he should give you a 1, but it's not contradictory either.
"Imagine punching somebody so hard that they turned into a door. Then you found out that's where ALL doors come from, and you got initiated into a murder club that makes doors. The stronger you punch, the better the door. So there are like super strong murderers who punch people into Venetian doors and shit"

• Magic Gunner Miss Blue
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 16, 2009, 01:34:12 PM »

One for Martini, Two for Martini.

Would you like another recount?

Brentai

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnXYVlPgX_o
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 16, 2009, 02:18:35 PM »

Detonator: 5
That was kinda disappointing.

Detonator

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 16, 2009, 03:00:51 PM »

I've let you all down :endit:
"Imagine punching somebody so hard that they turned into a door. Then you found out that's where ALL doors come from, and you got initiated into a murder club that makes doors. The stronger you punch, the better the door. So there are like super strong murderers who punch people into Venetian doors and shit"

Guild

• High-Bullshit
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 16, 2009, 03:03:27 PM »

I'm going to lower my context to zero for this since nobody here ever truly understands my normal mode of communication:

The rules clearly state "is convincing" not "changes someone's mind."

Think about that instead of reading on. The implications. There are many. Normally I would not have said even the bit in blue, but see the bit in red.

Kazz gave points to others for responses to the trolling. My trolling got responses both in #finalfight and in this thread. Just because I didn't troll him specifically I don't think I should lose points. Kazz would be hard to troll (unless you're Thad).

"But Guild, the judges are always right!"

Shut the fuck up. I'm busy over here. Also duh.

In conclusion, he can be irrational. I'm just going to call him out for it. Scorpion and the frog and all.

See how unpleasant that was.

trolling doom's too easy

hurr i'm guildenstern

Kazz

• Projekt Direktor
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 16, 2009, 06:44:11 PM »

Guild, you weren't trolling.  I've seen you troll.  You were just writing an essay that calls a few people out for being boring idiots.  It's the same as the Wales essay; you could be totally right or totally wrong, but it doesn't matter, because nobody is going to care enough.

Lyrai's post-this-in-the-real-world test was a great idea.  If you posted Bongo's music troll almost anywhere, people would take the essay seriously and then they're frankly very likely to respond at length about how wrong he is.  If you took your post and showed it to #finalfight, they'd agree, call you a nerd, or just ignore it altogether, and go back to chatting about numbers or whatever the fuck.  And then if you took your post and put it anywhere else, they'd be like "who are you even talking about and why are you here" and forget about it.

It was obvious in your essay that you were being sincere.  If you wanted to troll, you should have posted about how everybody wanted to talk about Rosen's wedding right in the middle of a very important discussion about the golden triangle and in the long run what matters is the truths of the universe and not something as trivial and ephemeral as some human's marriage.  Do you even know the divorce rates?  They're sky-high.  Why even discuss it?  Because statistically speaking, in five years they'll both be marrying someone else.  Go get a blog and put up pictures and people who give a shit can go comment on it; let us talk about something that matters over here.

Bongo Bill

• Dinosaurcerer
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 16, 2009, 06:48:26 PM »

Kazz I give you an 8/10. It could have been longer, is all.
...but is it art?

• Magic Gunner Miss Blue
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 16, 2009, 06:55:16 PM »

The arguments caused by det's post culminated in people posting pictures of themselves fucking dogs.

I'm not sure to give him a 0 or 10 for this.

Detonator

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 16, 2009, 06:59:53 PM »

The arguments caused by det's post culminated in people posting pictures of themselves fucking dogs.

:oh:

• Magic Gunner Miss Blue
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 17, 2009, 03:49:55 PM »

Det's post caused a huge argument, which was not called out as a troll at any time, which was the point. I do not hold him responsible for seeing a hairy beanbag chair assault a doberman.

Detonator: 10

EDIT: how the fuck did I misspell his name when his post is right above me jesus christ

Friend

• Meow see here..
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 17, 2009, 05:06:55 PM »

Hello, this I am new to these internet boards but after I read someone's post on bestiality, I felt inspired to write my own post about something.

Incest: The New Gay?
"Dear Abby, I want to do my sister in the butt. Is there something wrong with me?" -Buttplugger592
Modern society would tell us, that yes, in fact, there is something wrong with this individual. But is there, really? What's wrong with attracted to a sibling or a relative? No. There isn't. Here's why.

"Incest is sick and disgusting!"
Why?

"They're related to you! Gross!"
That's not really a reason... After all, if they don't mind, why should you?

"Well, if relatives get married and have sex, then they're gonna have retarded man children!"
Yeah, that's probably true. But let's take a hypothetical here: What if a pair of siblings were in love. Say they didn't mind using birth control or maybe a form of birth prevention such as sterilization, for the sake of their relationship. If they were willing to do this, would you still prevent their relationship? After all, if they don't have kids, what do you have to object to?

"Well, the Bible says that incest is wrong!"
Well, the Bible says a lot of things. The Bible tells you to cut yourself if you don't like yourself. The Bible also tells you to stone for anything, really. (It's all true, look it up) My favorite story in the Bible is the one about a guy who is killed by a lion for not beating someone up. The point is, just because the Bible says it doesn't mean it's right. Hell, the Bible talks about how to take care of your slaves, but that doesn't mean that slavery's acceptable.

"Well, I guess if they're sterile then it's okay for them to get married."
Well you're still wrong, because that's just as bad as outlawing incest!
Now you're forcing them into a position where they have to limit their freedoms in order to have a relationship.
You're like one of those people who "don't mind" gay people, but as soon as they try to legalize marriage for gays, you're up in arms protesting! Think about it: How can you be OK with them copulating, but not with them getting married? Unless you're not actually OK with gay people being... gay together?

and that, ladies and gentlemen, is why I'm a hypocrite.

Lunartick

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 18, 2009, 02:59:50 AM »

Forsooth, I am outdone!

Aintaer

• My hubris!
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 18, 2009, 08:55:46 AM »

This contest was over before it began.  Nobody can win.  Go home.  Be a family man.

Detonator: 6
It was okay.

Guild

• High-Bullshit
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 18, 2009, 07:27:14 PM »

kazz responded that counts as points right

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Board Moderator
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 19, 2009, 12:05:13 PM »

This ends tomorrow at 9 AM Eastern.

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Board Moderator
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 20, 2009, 08:11:44 AM »

And it's over as of 3 hours and 14 minutes ago.

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Board Moderator
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 20, 2009, 08:16:00 AM »

Lyrai wanted you to know, Q.Berting...

Started out okay but lost a lot of steam at the end

Kazz

• Projekt Direktor
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 21, 2009, 07:32:31 AM »

Detonator: 7/10

Convincing, but the blunt way you approach the subject makes it seem less believable that you're being sincere.  One second I'm fucking rabbits.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4