Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Author Topic: WoW Armory Critiques  (Read 1765 times)

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Board Moderator
  • Tested
    • View Profile
WoW Armory Critiques
« on: July 26, 2009, 08:53:36 PM »

WoW Armory Contest

Month-Long!

Ends the 25th!

Seeking Celebrity Guest Judge! See the Judge Thread!

You go to www.wowarmory.com

You find the absolute worst cluster-fuck you can and tell us why it's bad. Just a link is poor form: these things get updated, you know.

I'd like to think anyone can participate here, with actual WoW players having a bit of a leg up. It could also be lop-sided by the nation presence of those actual WoW players or just unfun/stupid in general, so I'm holding my breath.

sei

• Tested
    • View Profile
Re: WoW Armory Critiques
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2009, 12:48:17 PM »

Tempting, but the WoW players would have an unforgivable leg up.  If you think every team would have a WoW player, sure.  Otherwise, it'll be guild and Kazz making fun of comically long item names, or MMO veterans unfamiliar with WoW just going on about mudflation relative to lower level gear they've found.

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Board Moderator
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2009, 12:50:45 PM »

Defenstration and Pacobird are the exclusive judges for this event, so your latter two concerns should be handled.

As for the spread of WoW Players.. that's something we'll see by the 7th, when nations are set, flags are painted and I've deduced how to handle rogues, mercenaries and loners in general. I think there's enough of a spread to cover a single event that doesn't require the in-game client and the minimum was designed in anticipation of the event that like last year, nobody actually participates. So if we have four separate nations with a WoW player, we're probably good to go.

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Board Moderator
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2009, 04:17:46 PM »

I get the feeling this event is dead in the water, but what the hell, here's an example or a starter entry.

Me and Wiseman are trying to start Naxx 10 and we get this super important dude.

Tells us "if we don't start soon, I'm gonna have to bail."

Yeah dude, that's fucking tragic. Take your 0/69/2 Fury spec and don't let the door hit you on your improved-cleaving ass. Thank God he'll be regenerating 6% of his health per second when he gets crit by 10 Man Naxx AoEs, I don't think I can keep up with that level of healing on the DPS.

I like how he picked up Enrage and everything south of it except for Intensify Rage, because man who uses cooldowns when they're up, am i rite?

I wager dude will die before he actually leaves a Naxx pug that will accept him. Looking forward to some 1800 DPS since he thinks Arms and Deep Wounds are for scrubs.

Guild

• High-Bullshit
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2009, 06:39:35 PM »

Vambraces of Unholy Command lol

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Board Moderator
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2009, 06:49:23 PM »

1600 DPS throughout three wings, blowing the raid up on Grobby, and "my armor is dead"

Tell his dumb-ass to go repair. Says he needs a summon. No flyin' mount.

I guess 2/3 of the Holy Triumvirate of retard is a pretty strong showing. His gear's tolerable.

Defenestration

• The Sixth Window
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2009, 06:56:13 PM »

You're a lot more forgiving than I am. Anyone that drops poison in the raid which causes a wipe would just be booted by me, no questions asked.
Una salus victis nullam sperare salutem

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Board Moderator
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2009, 06:56:39 PM »

We booted him as soon as he acted like it wasn't his fault, so. Apparently he got pissy over whispers.

Pacobird

• Just fell off the AOL cart
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2009, 11:06:15 AM »

0/69/2 and not actually picking up Intensify Rage (which is probably the best WotLK Fury Talent after Titan's Grip itself) aside, I actually DO think Enrage is a defensible choice for a raiding Fury Warrior.  You take so much ancillary damage as dps in raids now that it's going to go off at least a good amount of the time and it's a huge damage spike when it does.

It helps to think of Enrage as giving you a 30% chance to deal 10,000 damage to your target every time you take damage yourself.

Rico

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2009, 11:52:22 AM »

The armory lists Level 60 Kikio Dethecus, but does not provide information.  In lieu of the official link, I will simply say: 17/17/17

Pacobird

• Just fell off the AOL cart
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2009, 12:23:57 PM »

kikio was hot though

NEXT

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Board Moderator
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2009, 06:33:29 PM »

There's a real scrubby Naxx 25 PuG that runs every Thursday that I join because they take really predictable AFKs and that lets me do little chores in-between shots at Priest Tier Shoulders that never drop because even terrible PuGs can clear Spider/Plague.

The healers were wildly overcompensating on Anub'rukhan so I used the Heroism to bust out a serious set of smites.

I matched DPS with this Shadow Priest.

Ok, so he JUST hit 80. He's wearing leveling blues and greens and has a rare purple from a successful heroic. Not so bad, a Shadow Baby's gotta start SOMEWHERE.

Completely ungemmed and unenchanted gear. Alright, so he's a lazy jackass with visible contempt for any raid he joins.

Woah now. Horn of Argent Fury? Chu Chu's Box of Horrors? Cool trinkets, bro. I guess we're starting to see why his DPS is triple digit.

Specs? Hmm. Complete cookie cutter PvE Shadow, which makes his abject failures all the more astounding, suggesting that he's actually honestly just AFK during segments of the fight, or physically unable to push his buttons every 2 seconds..

But man, look at the 71/0/0 Disc off-spec, wherein he takes EVERY DISC TALENT except for maxing out Borrowed Time, AKA one of the most important ones. Not like Disc priests use Power Word Shield THAT MUCH, am i rite guys.

Naturally he's hooverin' up all the stuff the other priests don't need. Makes me wonder how dudes like McFrugal can't figure this shit out: doesn't matter how bad strangers think you are as long as they don't kick you out. I'm sure as fuck not starting crap over my half-asleep tour of Spider/Plague 25. Then I'll be known as "meaaaaaaaaaaaan."

Guess I also disproved any notions I had about Nay I Won't Join Ye Guild being good. I still love the name.