Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: MS Paint Art-Off  (Read 4694 times)

jsnlxndrlv

• Custom Title
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Website title
Re: MS Paint Art-Off
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2009, 09:50:01 PM »

The plucky investigator skips merrily away holding a tome of occult knowledge whilst activating a detonator, which sets off a timed explosive just as big-titted Cthulhu reaches out to crush his head?
Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

Lottel

• You know that's right
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2009, 09:54:18 PM »

It's obvious. Jimmy from "Case Closed" solved the mystery of the Necronomicon and is using a trigger to set of a bundle of dynamite with a clock timer while being chased by cthulu.

I mean come on. It's supposed to be happy. It's the first thing I think of when picturing the emotion.

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Board Moderator
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2009, 09:09:54 AM »

Reminder that this contest ends tomorrow at 9 AM Eastern.

Or in other words you have a little less than 20 hours.

Envy

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2009, 11:17:38 AM »

Sad

Happy

I am no artist

Guild

• High-Bullshit
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2009, 12:11:45 PM »

you have my vote envy

PhilosopherDirtbike

• Wouldn't dream of it, my good chap.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2009, 04:54:19 PM »

I drew that last entry while I was exhausted so I am not sure what in the hell it was supposed to be either. I think it had something to do with Cthulu.

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Board Moderator
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2009, 08:29:17 AM »

Ended 3 and 1/2 hours ago. Let's get some judgement!

Brentai

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnXYVlPgX_o
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2009, 11:12:16 AM »

Guild: 1
What.

Defenestration: 8
Daw.

Catloaf: 8
DAWWWWW.  Though I am taking points off for using a tablet because I think it misses the point of forcing everyone to draw in Paint.

Frocto: 10
Yep.  That is the saddest thing, drawn in MSPaint.

PhilosopherDirtbike: 6
I hate to give a low score to such SKILLZ but at the same time I can't make out what the fuck you're drawing sometimes.

Envy: 5
I'm amused.  But I can't give it a higher score than this, sorry.

Aintaer

• My hubris!
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2009, 11:21:47 AM »

Guild: 2
Guild makes me sad in general, does this count?

Defenestration: 8
That is one adorable MS Paint Kitty.

Catloaf: 10
Unlike Brentai, I like to reward talent.  This is well executed within the confines of MSPaint.  Also one of the few happy ones.  And I am good man with happy feelings all of the time!

Frocto: 7
I know it makes you sad Frocto, but it gives me great mirth watching it unfold.

PhilosopherDirtbike: 9
Since you did two, I'll pick the one that was best in my opinion.  That was the sad one and it was pretty sad.  It made me pretty sad.  Childhood naivety and death makes for sadness.  Also the art style is more my taste.

Envy: 3
Hey that is cheating!  Points for smart-assedness, but points off for clearly lacking effort.

• Magic Gunner Miss Blue
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2009, 11:41:48 AM »

This time I will use the "Neo-Classicism" style of judging.

Guild: 1
 ::(:

Defenestration: 9
:;_;: :;_;: :;_;: :;_;: :;_;:

Catloaf: 9
:smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:

Frocto: 6
:luv: :luv: :luv:

PhilosopherDirtbike: 10
:;_;: :;_;: :;_;: :;_;: :;_;: :;_;:

Envy: 2
::(:

Frocto

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2009, 11:46:48 AM »

My entry was in the "happiest" category, you frigging idiots.
"And it is because they have fallen prey to a weakened, feminized version of Christianity that is only about softer virtues such as compassion and not in any part about the muscular Christian virtues of individual responsibility and accountability."

Kazz

• Projekt Direktor
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 16, 2009, 04:06:26 AM »

THE OFFICIAL JUDGMENTS OF THE GRAND DUCHY OF KAZZIA

Guild: 7/10
As the penis shrinks, its silence becomes more prominent.  Artful without being meaningful, which I like.  I also enjoy the four-panel format, grumpy face, snaggletooth, and Whammy-Orange background.  Subtracted for saving as a JPG, something only a jerk would do.

Defenestration: 5/10
The freehand looks like junk, while the rest of it is obvious Line-Tool and Circle-Tool.  Lines work great for the rain but not for anything else.  TBQH this project was not so precious that you couldn't have gone back and saved it as a PNG; the artifacting absolutely kills your raindrops.  The cat has a dumb face, ugly ears, one paw is huge and the other isn't.  I don't get the impression that the box is soaked by the rain, rather than that people have been walking by and pissing at the kitten.  Also, the ground shading makes absolutely no sense to me; is the cat sitting on dark-gray pavement and the rest of the sidewalk is lighter?  Also, how come the only piece of trash (and in fact, the only thing) in the alley is that box?  The sad kitty eyes look good.  BUT I HATE SAD KITTIES.

Catloaf: 10/10

This is great.  I love the Salvo-the-Slime eyes on the kitten.  I dislike how the beef thing is inexplicably standing up on its bone.  Could have used shading; the yellow background is hurting for a Garfield-esque diagonal line of this-part-of-the-wall-is-darker-down-here.  The fish is adorable.  Love everything about the cat's shape and shading.  Love that everything is freehand.  Using a tablet is totally cheating but I don't give a shit.  Also, you saved as a PNG (in fact, you were the only person to bother), pushing you over the edge into perfection!  I'm glad it's not your first day using a computer.

Frocto: 5/10

Saved as a JPG.  I almost think that should be some sort of disqualification, frankly, because of how easy it is to avoid and how obviously shitty it makes the picture look.  The video is a great touch, as always.  Your demon-hunter astronaut viking looks ridiculously stupid and has one enormous arm and does not uberslouch forward like his caveman brother in the videogame.  I like the sparkies coming out of the flame as well as the cute faces on the skull and that stupid, stupid, stupid fucking platform.

PhilosopherDirtbike (Sad Entry): 5/10

Saved as a JPG, dipshit.  Anyway, it doesn't hurt this entry THAT much.  I see what you tried to do but you didn't quite pull it off.  Everything looks like it is made of formless scribble beasts.  The dad looks like Boba Fett with a clown wig on.  The kid looks good.  The stool looks stupid.  And I can not get over how terrible the dad's left hand looks.  I assume that's his left hand.  It's the only thing that isn't composed of a billion lines and his pinky finger is as large as his face.  This entry is trying to make you sad but in fact it just dulled my heart to the thought of fathers committing suicide.

PhilosopherDirtbike (Happy Entry): 4/10

Took a while to see what was supposed to be happening.  Now I see that a dashing young man is using a remote-detonated bomb (the remote detonation device is cleverly disguised as the humble alarm clock) to explode his own ass in a futile attempt to get away from Transsexual Cthulhu.  Also a tree is being uprooted by Cthulhu's elbow.  I bet you practiced all day on Broken Picture Telephone to make something this compellingly open to interpretation.  Also, saved as a JPG again, though that's hardly surprising.

Envy: 1/10

One wonders why you bothered.

(also, saved as a JPG)

Kazz

• Projekt Direktor
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 16, 2009, 04:16:54 AM »

(JPG, 19kb)

(PNG, 13kb)

(JPG, 31kb)

(PNG, 18kb)

PNGs look better and, for computer graphics like this, will be smaller.  JPGs are terrific for photographs, horrible for absolutely everything else.

Defenestration

• The Sixth Window
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 16, 2009, 04:44:02 AM »

In retrospect, I probably really should have gone back and remade it, while salvaging only the eyes. The background was just thrown in before I quit and saved it, with the intention of being easily removable if I didn't like it, and I made one with rain and one without. The eyes were the last, and I clearly got the hang of using a mouse to draw by then after detailing the box. But alas, I was so goddamn angry about the fact that by default, a *bitmap editor* saves JPEGS instead of BMPs that I had lost all interest. You'd think it would be fucking OBVIOUS, and I'm almost positive that the version in Win95 (the last time I opened Paint) saved BMP by default, so why they would make such a terrible change is beyond me!

As for the shading, when I colored that portion, I recalled that alley sidewalk was more blacktop in my experience, and it made sense, and drew attention to the foreground. Though I was going to add more objects in there, as well as making the kitten's head not such an obvious circle tool and terrible in general. When I drew the paws, I forgot the zoom thing existed, not that it's an excuse. :P Still proud of those eyes though.

That being said, I totally agree with your judgement Kazz, and I appreciate the criticism. Kind of hoping for another "lol fuck around in paint" thread of some kind soon, it was fun before I raged.

Afterthought: If people were walking by and pissing at this poor kitten, wouldn't that make it sadder?
Una salus victis nullam sperare salutem

Kazz

• Projekt Direktor
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 16, 2009, 05:28:35 AM »

Okay.

I award you 1 point for bothering to clarify your position.

However I deduct 1 point for making excuses.

Defenestration

• The Sixth Window
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 16, 2009, 05:52:04 AM »

It was less trolling for points and more the 548th step of my plan to topple Brentai's postcount.
Una salus victis nullam sperare salutem

Frocto

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 16, 2009, 09:13:39 AM »

candle sniffing fuck fence

go climb a wall of dicks
"And it is because they have fallen prey to a weakened, feminized version of Christianity that is only about softer virtues such as compassion and not in any part about the muscular Christian virtues of individual responsibility and accountability."

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Board Moderator
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 16, 2009, 09:35:02 AM »

Guild expressed the full expression of what it is to be himself.
1, 2, 1, 7

Defenestration made me cry for the first time in seven years.
8, 8, 9, 5

Catloaf realized that you don't have to be sheepish and nervous when you have actual talent.
8, 10, 9, 10

Frocto had the best entry I don't care what the judges says hahaha man that fucking robodemons lmfao
10, 7, 6, 5

:;_;:
Dirtbike tugged at our heartstrings. I guess. I don't care about clowns.
6, 9, 10, 5

Envy, I'd like to thank you for entering for my nation.
5, 3, 2, 1

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Board Moderator
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 16, 2009, 09:44:09 AM »

Catloaf wins the Gold for B.R.O.N.T.O.!

:jizz:
Defenestration ties for the Silver for what!        PhilosopherDirtbike ties for the Silver for himself!

Guild

• High-Bullshit
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 16, 2009, 01:03:04 PM »

GO DEF

nobody got my penis panels except my friend kazz

i don't think that should be my fault
Pages: 1 [2]