Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Can I key you a question?  (Read 6928 times)

Kazz

• Projekt Direktor
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
Can I key you a question?
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2009, 12:04:16 PM »

I saw a white guy with sunglasses and a shit-eating grin driving around campus in a brand-new bright yellow BMW M3 with the license plate "BMW-M3."

Is it really a crime to kill people like that?

Brentai

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnXYVlPgX_o
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2009, 12:05:02 PM »

Kill him, rape him, whatever, just don't fuck up his paint job.

Kazz

• Projekt Direktor
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2009, 12:08:19 PM »

I also recall seeing a Porsche (or somesuch fancy sports car) blow by me on the highway a few years ago.  Bald white bastard in the driver's seat, top down.  License plate: "YBPOOR".

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2009, 12:10:12 PM »

Clearly the hero of this story, perhaps this thread.

Disposable Ninja

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2009, 12:32:45 PM »

This one time, after eating at a Vietnamese restaurant, as I was leaving the parking lot I suddenly realized that I had left a to-go box back in the restaurant, so I hastily parked my car in front of a dry cleaners. I was taking up two spots, but I didn't think anything of it since A) the dry cleaners was closed, so there were another eight parking spots open and B) I was only going to be less than a minute.

When I got back I had found that some douchebag of a drunk had decided to block me in while he was in the liquor store next door. There was absolutely no reason for him to park his own car in such a way as to keep me from moving my car, not beyond his own sense of self-righteousness, anyway. He wanted to teach me a lesson, you see, by inconveniencing me.

In reality, this was probably the first time I had ever parked in two spots at once, and would just have been likely to be the last even without his shithead behavior. If I learned anything, it's that petty vehicular vigilantism is perpetrated by individuals who themselves deserve to have their heads cracked by way of a tire iron.

So yeah, color me thinking Catloaf is kind of a dick for keying cars.

yyler

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2009, 12:38:56 PM »

My pet peeve is how some people see fit to punish others, whether by keying a car or otherwise, without actually explaining why the punishment was given.

Keying a car only sends one message: "I'm an asshole."

jsnlxndrlv

• Custom Title
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Website title
« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2009, 12:58:13 PM »

Many are unblemished that deserve keying. And some that are keyed deserve refinishing. Can you give it to them?
Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

Beat Bandit

• be entranced by my sexy rhythm
  • High-Bullshit
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2009, 01:27:34 PM »

I'm all for fucking with people who do shitty parking jobs and legitimately mess up your day because of it, but not "oh man the spot I want is a little harder to get into so I'm going to key your car".

I think the worst thing I've ever done was a giant truck parked on campus that made me crazy late for class because my friend who was driving had to go to a different lot to park. I left an empty condom wrapper under their windshield wiper with a note that said "sorry, your car was unlocked and we needed a place to go. I locked it up for you, though." I'm fine with possibly permanent psychological damage, but know the pain of having to have a touch-up done enough to not cause physical damage.

Fortinbras

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2009, 01:36:39 PM »

Rhetorian: It makes me think the guy just spends his hours at home staring at the car, standing and smiling in his driveway.
Rhetorian: Every now and then, maybe even saying "BMW-M3".

Pacobird

• Just fell off the AOL cart
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2009, 02:56:00 PM »

My pet peeve: selectively ethical behavior.

Detonator

• You made me come back for THIS?
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
Re: Can I key you a question?
« Reply #30 on: September 01, 2009, 03:18:39 PM »

Catloaf, do you also leave a snide, insulting little note under the windshield wiper?  Maybe signed "Parking Patrol" or something?  I mean, why half-ass your petty passive-aggressive retribution?  They won't know what sin brought your wrath!

The entire three times ever I did key a car I did not have a pen or paper.  Although once, I wrote on a very dirty car with my finger 'learn to park.'

Catloaf, you are a psychopath and I hope you stay far away from me.

I also left out the part that in every case, the car had at least 3 crazy right wing bumper stickers.

agreeing with det here. Causing permanent damage to a car for a minor fuckup that blocks you from parking (in a specific spot) for maybe an hour is ridiculous.

I've never done that.  In every case, I was parked, and they made it so I couldn't leave without getting in the passenger side door and crawling over the parking break/gear shift, then rolling down my window and folding in the side mirror so I could back out without it being snapped off.

IS THAT NOT MORE IRRITATING THAN A TINY MARK THAT MOST PEOPLE WILL NEVER SEE?!

And it's not even permanent, I never pressed so fucking hard that the thing couldn't be remedied by a quick blast of touch-up paint.

Why are all of you attacking me for one fucking passive aggressive act, when everyone here has done worse?

And yes, Trolling is a very passive aggressive act.

The right wing bumper sticker remark was saying that it was what pushed me over the edge to do less damage to the car than a small tree branch would in a town full of trees with many branches sticking slightly out into the road in some areas.  The bumper stickers in question also strongly insinuated that everyone who was prochoice killed and ate 10 babies after raping them and that you did not belong in this country if you were not Ronald Reagan himself.  Which is something that one can be insulted over.

But anyway, I think that if you are inconsiderate enough to park 45 degrees or more off of the direction of the parking space, and make it so another person cannot leave when there are four spaces next to the person you could've used while still parking badly and not inconvenienced them you should be fined in some small way.

And my last post was way too defensive.  It just caught me off guard as it was like I kicked a dog off of my leg when it tried to hump me, then you all act like I broke all of it's legs and put a bowl of food just out of it's reach.

And finally, all incidents of me doing such things were at least 2 years ago.

EDIT: My pet peeve:  PEOPLE WHO ARE UTTERLY INCOMPETENT AT SOMETHING THAT THEY HAD TO PASS A TEST TO LEGALLY BE ALLOWED TO DO.

On one hand, you are defending your illegal act of defacing someone else's property, implying that they deserved it because of the inconvenience they caused you and because they disagree with you politically.  On the other hand, you also seem to avoiding responsibility by saying you only did it three times, didn't press down very hard with the key, and it happened two years ago.

Either defend your act, or admit that it was an asshole thing to do.  Don't try to diminish the severety of your act while defending your intent.  People do stupid things all the time.  What disturbs me is how you don't seem to comprehend how particularly bad what you did is.  Property damage is equal to internet trolling?  Really?  Petty revenge is one thing, but you seem to see yourself as some sort of arbiter of social justice, and that's kinda scary.

Let me make myself clear: the defense of your act two years afterwards is what bothers me more than just keying the cars.  Like I said before, everyone has done some bad things (see "I am a shit").  The difference lay in how people reflect on themselves after the act, and realize that what they did wasn't really justified.
"Imagine punching somebody so hard that they turned into a door. Then you found out that's where ALL doors come from, and you got initiated into a murder club that makes doors. The stronger you punch, the better the door. So there are like super strong murderers who punch people into Venetian doors and shit"

Catloaf

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 01, 2009, 03:42:38 PM »

I'll admit that it's an asshole thing to do, alright.  But I don't feel any remorse, nor do I see why all of you are making such a big deal out of it which is why I feel the need to defend it--it's not as bad as you guys are making it out to be.  The exteriors of cars so not remain unblemished for more than 6 months around these parts.  The winter salt fucks up everyone's paint jobs, as well as cracks the roads so every car will have at least 10 pebbles shot at them at 50mph during the course of the year.  I just don't see how messing up something that little when it is inevitable that much worse will happen is that fucking horrible.

And no, I don't see myself as that arbiter thing you mentioned.  I just think very little of aesthetic properties of things that are not specifically art.  I wouldn't do it to a car with a custom paint job, even if only douches get such things.

It is just the same petty revenge in my book.  They worsened my already bad days, so I let out a bit of my frustrations with (at least in my view) no harm done.  I'm not proud of it, but I don't think it's as much of an inconvenience as loosing $2.

Mothra

• ┐('~`;)┌ w/e
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 01, 2009, 03:48:06 PM »

Yeah I don't care what your reasons are, if you key a car, fuck you.

patito

• kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 01, 2009, 03:49:24 PM »

See catloaf, you're still trying to justify by saying car paints around there don't last long. For example, maybe the guy was just passing through the town on his way to more sunny nice weather, but you had to be the asshole in that town who totally destroyed his paint job, that's a terrible thing to do.

yyler

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 01, 2009, 03:54:22 PM »

The unfortunate accident of the ambient weather doesn't cancel out intentional malice.

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 01, 2009, 03:58:39 PM »

No but apparently he has a book i.e. "in my book" that allows him to ignore property rights and human equality under the grounds that it was a bad day.

Well you know I had a bad day at the office so I decked my wife.

Catloaf

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 01, 2009, 04:02:09 PM »

If it makes any difference, which I'm sure it doesn't, none of them were in great condition.  Like, big 'ol patches of rust on one of the three.  And a three inch mark is not a ruined paint job.

The defending of this shit isn't that I think it's good, it's that I think it just doesn't fucking matter.  I have not defaced anything.  I have done nothing wrong.  I have been an asshole, but being an asshole where only you and the people you tell know about it means jack shit.

If we could hypothetically find the three people, I would be willing to bet a large sum of money that none of them would've noticed it if it wasn't pointed out to them.

You're acting like testing a pen on a table to make sure it works before rubbing it off leaving only a nearly invisible smudge is akin to drawing graffiti all over it.

No but apparently he has a book i.e. "in my book" that allows him to ignore property rights and human equality under the grounds that it was a bad day.

Well you know I had a bad day at the office so I decked my wife.

See!  That is not a applicable analogy!  And how the hell am I ignoring any human equality?!

Royal☭

• Supreme Court Judge President
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 01, 2009, 04:03:08 PM »

Wait, you don't test pens on paper you test it directly on the table?  You, sir, are Satan.

Brentai

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnXYVlPgX_o
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 01, 2009, 04:04:31 PM »

Okay guys, this is starting to look like a lynch mob.  I think we can all agree that it's a serious dipshit action, but making one guy feel persecuted and misunderstood about it isn't going to help.  Lay off.

Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post.

Of course this loses a lot of weight when the guy getting ragged on doesn't seem to get it or care.

War

Criminey!

patito

• kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 01, 2009, 04:05:10 PM »

What catloaf is trying to say is, it's ok to do bad things as long as you get away with them.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4