Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 13

Author Topic: Worstcon 10  (Read 18408 times)

Detonator

• You made me come back for THIS?
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
Worstcon 10
« on: October 01, 2009, 03:54:22 PM »

Worstcon 10
Alexandria, VA
January 1-4, 2010

That is three months from today if you didn't realize.  Worstcon will be running in tandem with MAGFest, a Northern Virginia gaming convention that attracted around a dozen of us last year.

The great thing is that we don't have to organize a thing unless we want to.  No one will be hosting people at their homes so there's no limit to the amount of people who can show up.  As a medium-sized convention that's open 24 hours a day, there's plenty to do without arranging our own activities (not that we can't).

I want to encourage as many people to come as possible.  Feel free to bring friends.  I understand that this will be a daunting monetary investment for many of you, but maybe some of the people who came last year can post their travel experiences to put the cost in perspective.  As I recall, the general consensus was worth it.

I'd like to use this thread to answer as many questions as possible (check the official MAGFest site for info first).  I'd like to answer things publicly, so try to avoid PMing me questions unless you have to.  As we get closer to the con, I may put up more topics for any organization we can muster.

Quick info:
Address:
Hilton Mark Center
5000 Seminary Road
Alexandria, VA 22311

Reserve a room.  99$/night is pretty cheap if you split it between 4 people.

The closest airport is Reagan National (DCA).  There's a constant shuttle from the airport to the hotel, so you don't need a ride if you fly in.

The next three months are gonna go quick, so get in gear if you're interested.  I'll see you there!
"Imagine punching somebody so hard that they turned into a door. Then you found out that's where ALL doors come from, and you got initiated into a murder club that makes doors. The stronger you punch, the better the door. So there are like super strong murderers who punch people into Venetian doors and shit"

Mongrel

• Emoticon Knight-Errant
  • kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
Re: Worstcon 10
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2009, 03:57:20 PM »

Sadly, this will be unaffordable to me at any price, both in terms of time and money.

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2009, 03:58:49 PM »

I can only go and cover my own expenses(travel, buying stuff from vendors) if somebody who buys a hotel room is willing to tolerate me sleeping on their floor.

So you know, if you want a guy who'll bring you fruit and soda and sleeps on the floor harmlessly.

Brentai

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnXYVlPgX_o
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2009, 04:12:53 PM »

In three months I'll either be filthy rich or sleeping on benches.  My appearance or nonappearance at this event shall be proof in the pudding!

jsnlxndrlv

• Custom Title
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Website title
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2009, 04:36:15 PM »

Sadly, this will be unaffordable to me at any price, both in terms of time and money.
Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

Niku

• MEAT
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2009, 04:39:43 PM »

I might be in Colorado during Magfest.  We'll see!
i'm a blog now, blogs are cool: a fantastic machine made of meat

Mothra

• ┐('~`;)┌ w/e
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2009, 05:04:48 PM »

Put me down for in unless something unexpected comes up/I am diagnosed with Lupus

Lady Duke

• Shiny Ranger
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2009, 05:18:39 PM »

I know Kazz and I will be coming, with a friend and also a Kabbage in tow.

MadMAxJr

• Tested
    • View Profile
    • RPG Q&A
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2009, 05:50:24 PM »

I'll be going again.  I am offering one of my free day passes to Kayin to get his ass to MAGFest.  DO YOU HEAR ME KAYIN?  GET YOUR ASS DOWN HERE.  ITS FOUR HOURS AWAY.

Last year was a pretty epic experience.  I've never seen monopoly so cut-throat and with so many verbal contracts for giving out 'shares' of income.  There's a pretty nice bar in the hotel if you're into drinking.  We didn't find anything good nearby for cheap booze unless you like grocery store wine.

It's about a hundred bucks a night for the hotel.  I am epic car-tripping from Kansas City.  Hoping it wont snow too bad this year.

Also, Kabbage, I was contacted by one of the staffers.  I've been told that the Gears of War fumble will /not/ happen again this year.

Video games galore.  Some of us sat and played the original Smash Brothers for a while.  Up in Dohl's room there was plenty of private Wii gaming.  I don't know if he will make it this year since he just moved.

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt." - Bertrand Russell

Got questions about RPGs?

Miss Cat Ears

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2009, 06:06:21 PM »

It's about a hundred bucks a night for the hotel.  I am epic car-tripping from Kansas City.  Hoping it wont snow too bad this year.
Kansas City isn't that far from me.. if I am not hibernating at that time I will totally epic road trip with you.  It will be like Horrorfest all over again.  Or not.

Kayma

• kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • http://twitter.com/kayma
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2009, 06:08:42 PM »

Oh my. It looked like you guys had a blast last year, so my interest is mad piqued.

I call Brentai's bed!  :gay4:

Royal☭

• Supreme Court Judge President
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2009, 07:10:05 PM »

I'll have to consider my situation.  If I can go, I would totally enjoy getting in on the Kansas City roadtrip action.

Envy

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2009, 07:20:39 PM »

Went last year when I had a job. If I find funding sometime and I can get lottel interested maybe so.

Brentai

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnXYVlPgX_o
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2009, 07:24:06 PM »

I call Brentai's bed!  :gay4:

Well at least I'm guaranteed some action.

McDohl

• Pika-boo
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2009, 07:24:22 PM »

Tentative IN.  I have to see how much vacation I can accrue and how much monies I can earn in the interim.  Granted, since it's a contract job, the base will more than likely be shut down for a good portion of the above dates.  Like I said, "WE'LL SEE"

McDohl

• Pika-boo
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2009, 07:28:06 PM »

A more important question: are we going to collide with some other awesome conventions like the Bond convention we ran in to on New Years Eve?

OH RIGHT.  NOBODY SHOWED UP UNTIL THE 1ST.  I WAS THE ONLY ONE THERE FOR THE NEW YEARS EVE GET TOGETHER.

McDohl

• Pika-boo
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2009, 07:28:23 PM »

SO ZETTA SLOW!

TA

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2009, 07:37:21 PM »

Well I'm here but I live here soooo~

If I can get off my ass enough to get this Touhou table set up I'll probably be there a good portion of the time.  That or the video room.
Do you understand how terrifying the words “vibrating strap on” are for an asexual? That’s like saying “the holocaust” to a Jew.

McDohl

• Pika-boo
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2009, 07:43:35 PM »

Need something that can top Parasite Eve.

Lottel

• You know that's right
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2009, 08:02:36 PM »

Went last year when I had a job. If I find funding sometime and I can get lottel interested maybe so.

Eh? Flatcon, Youmacon, AND Magfest?
DO YOU WANT ME TO DIE, SIR?
That is too much con!
Also, I am unemployed as well. I have to sell my body as it is. Not sexually. That doesn't make money fast enough. Selling body parts.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 13