Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 13

Author Topic: Worstcon 10  (Read 18409 times)

McDohl

• Pika-boo
  • Tested
    • View Profile
Re: Worstcon 10
« Reply #60 on: October 06, 2009, 01:32:47 PM »

Update on my COMING status:

Maybe.  Depends on if I can squeeze some time off from work.  Strictly speaking, I don't rate vacation time because I'm a contractor.  It's all going to depend on how the squadron I'm working for stands down for the new year.

Detonator

• You made me come back for THIS?
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 06, 2009, 03:09:10 PM »

The hell, Geo, the badges were the best part of last con.
"Imagine punching somebody so hard that they turned into a door. Then you found out that's where ALL doors come from, and you got initiated into a murder club that makes doors. The stronger you punch, the better the door. So there are like super strong murderers who punch people into Venetian doors and shit"

TA

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 06, 2009, 03:09:44 PM »

Well that doesn't speak well for the company.
Do you understand how terrifying the words “vibrating strap on” are for an asexual? That’s like saying “the holocaust” to a Jew.

McDohl

• Pika-boo
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 06, 2009, 04:35:01 PM »

TA, YOU MEANIE.

YOU VIDEO-PLAYING MEANIE.

I figured it'd be a neat little keepsake, and something to help us spot each other in a crowd if we were split up.  Which happened.  Frequently.

Brentai

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnXYVlPgX_o
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 06, 2009, 05:38:37 PM »

You'd think an aural cue would be better.

I propose everyone carry an MP3 player with a speaker and have it play Torgo's theme on repeat.  Make sure you synchronize it for those times you manage to move as a group.

Detonator

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 07, 2009, 03:15:01 PM »

Kazz felt the need to leave me a rambling voice mail on this, so I'll answer it here.

1. Reserving a room at the hotel does not cost anything up front, though it does require your card info.  Cancelling a reservation is also free unless you cancel less than a day or two before check in time.  Hopefully by then you'll be sure whether you'll be able to come, so there's really no harm in reserving a room just in case the hotel fills up quicker than expected.  It's done entirely online and is pretty simple.

2. The hotel does not give you a room until you actually check in, so reserving now does not guarantee you a better room location than if you reserved later.  You CAN choose 1 or 2 beds when you reserve, you just won't be assigned a specific room until you check in.
"Imagine punching somebody so hard that they turned into a door. Then you found out that's where ALL doors come from, and you got initiated into a murder club that makes doors. The stronger you punch, the better the door. So there are like super strong murderers who punch people into Venetian doors and shit"

Miss Cat Ears

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 07, 2009, 03:34:08 PM »

I am not old enough to rent a car so if I got a plane ticket would I be able to get someone to pick me up from the airport?

TA

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 07, 2009, 03:36:43 PM »

Almost certainly.  One of us who live here, if nobody else.
Do you understand how terrifying the words “vibrating strap on” are for an asexual? That’s like saying “the holocaust” to a Jew.

Detonator

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 07, 2009, 03:39:16 PM »

I also noted in the topic post that there's a regular shuttle from National Airport (DCA) to the con hotel.

Miss Cat Ears

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 07, 2009, 03:39:46 PM »

You're right, I didn't see that. Oops! :nyoro~n:

TA

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 07, 2009, 03:41:36 PM »

Are there shuttles to/from Dulles or BWI?

MadMAxJr

• Tested
    • View Profile
    • RPG Q&A
« Reply #71 on: October 07, 2009, 03:46:48 PM »

Just a note on the shuttle from the airport to the hotel, it runs on roughly fifteen minute intervals.  It doesn't hurt to call ahead to the hotel and ask about the shuttle.  Be sure to tip the driver.
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt." - Bertrand Russell

Got questions about RPGs?

Royal☭

• Supreme Court Judge President
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 14, 2009, 05:25:16 PM »

Okay, so Eva and I basically need a place to crash.  We're willing to pitch in for a motel room if some other dudes want, we'll even take the floor.  We ain't afraid of no ghosts other people so we have no problem sharing.  This is a major factor in getting us up there, as we can't afford anywhere to say without splitting the cost of a room.

Miss Cat Ears

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 14, 2009, 05:30:03 PM »

How ARE you getting there, Constantine?  I will not have a definite answer until around Thanksgiving, but I would be more than willing and able to split the cost of a room.

EvaKisu

• Tested
    • View Profile
    • The Art of Kaitlin McCullough
« Reply #74 on: October 14, 2009, 05:31:26 PM »

We're driving! RoooaddTRRRIIIipppp

Miss Cat Ears

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: October 14, 2009, 05:32:04 PM »

YES can I roadtrip with you

EvaKisu

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 14, 2009, 05:32:54 PM »

Sweet!  I drive a vibe, so it's pretty comfy...I say... anyway.. hah

Miss Cat Ears

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 14, 2009, 05:35:10 PM »

I am so close to you guys already that I even have an Arlington cell phone number.  :perfect:

EvaKisu

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 14, 2009, 05:38:25 PM »

Oh snap. That is swwweet.  I don't live in Arlington, but It's all good. You two may have to pick me up and then we'll take my car. If this masterly, laid out plan works.

Royal☭

• Supreme Court Judge President
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 14, 2009, 05:40:13 PM »

She could also contribute towards gas.  And, I'd be splitting a room with two ladies.  :suave:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 13