Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5

Author Topic: Unreasonable Anxiety  (Read 9725 times)

Shinra

• Big Juicy Winners
  • Tested
    • View Profile
Unreasonable Anxiety
« on: October 22, 2009, 11:15:49 AM »

itt: things that make you anxious for no good reason

Being in a room with the door open.

Lottel

• You know that's right
  • Tested
    • View Profile
Re: Unreasonable Anxiety
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2009, 11:22:51 AM »

Anytime I'm sitting and by back isn't directly facing a wall. If there are people behind me I tend to flip the fuck out.

Catloaf

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2009, 12:04:23 PM »

Driving when I've forgotten to take my pills.

I become both Woody Allen and Christopher Walken in Annie Hall.

Disposable Ninja

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2009, 12:43:20 PM »

Whenever I make a left turn into my driveway. I just dread that some European motherfucker forgot what side of the street he's supposed to be driving down, and he's talking to his girlfriend, and he's just going to plow right the fuck into me.

yyler

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2009, 12:45:25 PM »

I had a friend from England here the other week. Downtown most the streets are one way, so he was mostly alright, but if he ever had to turn onto a two way street he inevitably went into the left lane, to the point of cussing at a guy who was blocking our left lane but perfectly correct. He drove onto the left hand sidewalk to get past him, and then I reminded him we were in America, and he felt pretty stupid. So your fear is completely reasonable.

Brentai

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnXYVlPgX_o
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2009, 12:47:30 PM »

Cover letters.

Mongrel

• Emoticon Knight-Errant
  • kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2009, 12:50:35 PM »

Terror makes you feel alive. :suave:

Anyway, this thread is making my brain try and create a mash-up video of Mel Brooks' High Anxiety and Zorak and Moltar's Unreasonable Demands.

Friday

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2009, 12:51:13 PM »

Needles.

The Artist Formerly Known As Yoji

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2009, 01:29:18 PM »

After skewering myself with one while using the sewing machine last weekend, I'd disagree with that being an unreasonable fear/anxiety.

So... uh... darkness. Equal parts anxiety over tripping on our stupid dog and tripping on Pyramid Head or Sadako. :shrug:

James Edward Smith

• CIS male, Albeist Scumbag
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2009, 01:32:57 PM »

I feel unreasonably anxious about women trying to steal my essence in such a way as to fatigue me after my precious bodily fluids have been sapped and impurified by communist water fluoridation plots.
Talk? Talk is for lovers, Merlin. I need a sword to be king.

Miss Cat Ears

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2009, 01:37:50 PM »

Hearing about pregnancy, thinking about pregnancy, pregnant people in my office, episiotomies, prolapsed ANYTHING, the idea that someone might one day try to convince me to get pregnant.

jsnlxndrlv

• Custom Title
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Website title
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2009, 01:46:46 PM »

Feeling my own pulse. I hate the feeling of blood moving in my veins and arteries. This is irrational.

More generally, being conscious of most of my unconscious bodily functions creeps me out. If I catch myself breathing, for example, I briefly forget how to breathe unconsciously: I have to deliberately inhale and exhale until something distracts me.

And of course, having said that, I now have to sit here and breathe until I forget that I've written it, or I'll start gasping.
Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

Esperath

• chesse nab
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2009, 01:49:38 PM »

More generally, being conscious of most of my unconscious bodily functions creeps me out. If I catch myself breathing, for example, I briefly forget how to breathe unconsciously: I have to deliberately inhale and exhale until something distracts me.

And of course, having said that, I now have to sit here and breathe until I forget that I've written it, or I'll start gasping.

It's the respiratory system's version of The Game.

Zaratustra

• what
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Zaratustra Productions
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2009, 01:49:47 PM »

Anytime I'm sitting and by back isn't directly facing a wall. If there are people behind me I tend to flip the fuck out.

Fortinbras

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2009, 01:53:23 PM »

the idea that someone might one day try to convince me to get them pregnant.

also: basic castration fear.  it's not a big thing but sometimes, rarely, it'll just nag at me a little like hey, be careful with that cast iron pan.  if it touches your dick somehow (?????) the skin would just stick to it like if you put poultry in it and it wasn't properly heated.  boy would it not be fun to have my dick burned and skinned by this cast iron pan.

I guess when I meet someone new and like them, I worry that they don't really like me as much as I like them and it's just social contract playing out.  Hardly ever been the case, but!

Bongo Bill

• Dinosaurcerer
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2009, 01:57:38 PM »

Bees.
...but is it art?

Esperath

• chesse nab
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2009, 02:01:15 PM »

François

• Huh.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2009, 02:04:52 PM »

Thinking about the act of sleeping spooks me; being unconscious in general is pretty skeevy of an idea. I used to be that way even before I started sleeping 12-24 hours a day, so, uh, yay irony.

Also I have this crazy idea that at any moment, time could halt for the entire universe except for minds, and everyone is just physically frozen in place, alone with their own thoughts for eternity. There's a variation on it where there's also a single tone ringing out forever, like when NES games crashed sometimes. I got a lot of that sort of terrifying metaphysical reality-breaking-down nonsense knocking around in my head, but I don't like talking about it because putting them in words tends to make them worse.

Hearing about pregnancy, thinking about pregnancy, pregnant people in my office, episiotomies, prolapsed ANYTHING, the idea that someone might one day try to convince me to get pregnant.

oh

uh

um

right

ill just be removing the virgin birth project from my to do list then

oi

not a lot of options left

man i dont want no clone messiah that is the raelians gig

Lottel

• You know that's right
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2009, 02:17:52 PM »

It's the respiratory system's version of The Game.

Yes. In fact, my buddies and I play a game where we basically just call each other at random times and say "You're breathing manually now." It pisses us off to no end.

Sounds stupid when you type it out though...

Brentai

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnXYVlPgX_o
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2009, 02:23:05 PM »

My lungs have been a stick-shift since they left the factory.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5