Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 ... 28

Author Topic: What the fuck, Arizona?  (Read 53113 times)

Brentai

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnXYVlPgX_o
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
Re: What the fuck, Arizona?
« Reply #400 on: February 08, 2012, 11:56:41 AM »

I was rather enjoying my system cheat, but I'm not going to argue that it's fair (which is of course why I'm a dirty liberal).

...oh wait, that's just Arizona.  Well suck it then.

TA

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: February 08, 2012, 12:15:12 PM »

I believe that technically, when making out-of-state purchases for which sales tax is not charged, you're supposed to report and pay a Use tax equivalent to the sales tax had the purchase been made in-state.

Not that anybody ever does this, of course.  Enjoy your tax fraud!
Do you understand how terrifying the words “vibrating strap on” are for an asexual? That’s like saying “the holocaust” to a Jew.

Mongrel

• Emoticon Knight-Errant
  • kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: February 08, 2012, 01:41:47 PM »

Yeah, charging sales tax for online purchases is nothing new. It's usually only applied to sales where the retailer and the buyer are in the same state (that's why you see labels like "Massachusetts residents add 6% Sales Tax" or whatever on some sites. 

Thad

• Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • corporate-sellout.com
« Reply #403 on: February 16, 2012, 06:47:04 AM »

Hey Arizona Legislature.  Any stupid ideas we should know about?

Well, they want to pass a law that would force teachers to be fired for using profanity.  As defined by FCC broadcast rules.  As you might expect, I am pissed at that fucking shit and the motherfucking cocksucking tit twat cunts pushing it.

Oh, and they want to amend the state constitution to add partisan primaries to recall elections.  So clearly a good chunk of the legislature still thinks the Pearce recall was cheating because it was too democratic.

In less funny and more immediately terrible news, yeah those private prisons are a really bad idea.  And I say that knowing what our government-run prisons are like.

Catloaf

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: February 16, 2012, 01:09:57 PM »

Well, they want to pass a law that would force teachers to be fired for using profanity.  As defined by FCC broadcast rules.

If there were such a law here in Michigan while I was in school, I don't think I would've had anyone to teach me.  Of course, this is coming from a high school where upon turning in a bag of weed and a pipe I found sitting in the teacher's room during lunch, the teacher promptly sniffed it and proclaimed, "and it's not even good stuff!" and finally when prompted further by shocked baffled amusement continued, "This is some of the lowest quality pot I've ever seen.  This guy was an idiot in all sorts of ways."  The purchase of the silence of the five or so students (including myself) whom heard it was unspoken, immediate, and more than fully payed for by the laughter we all shared.

Büge

• won't give you fleaz
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #405 on: February 19, 2012, 06:24:08 PM »

http://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/2012-02-16/news/paul-babeu-s-mexican-ex-lover-says-sheriff-s-attorney-threatened-him-with-deportation/

The people in Talking Time bring up a good point: how the hell does a gay mexican get involved with a Republican sheriff in Arizona of all places?

Mongrel

• Emoticon Knight-Errant
  • kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: February 19, 2012, 06:54:50 PM »

Oh the Sheriff was going to run for Congress too! Oh now that's delicious!

Bal

• Cheerful in the face of nuclear armageddon
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: February 20, 2012, 06:32:23 AM »

I assure you, Arizona is replete with faggots.

Thad

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • corporate-sellout.com
« Reply #408 on: February 20, 2012, 06:47:06 AM »

Oh the Sheriff was going to run for Congress too!

Hasn't withdrawn yet.

The campaign has taken in around $3,000 from 46 donors since the scandal broke, said Chris DeRose, Babeu's campaign manager and the lawyer representing him in the dispute with the ex-boyfriend. But one donor sought a refund of his $2,500 contribution, DeRose said.

I still think it's fair to say he's got his work cut out for him.

I've mentioned Babeu before.  He did his best to be Pinal County's version of Sheriff Arpaio.  He was also in charge of the investigation into the allegations in the Munnell Memo, which of course resulted in a bunch of the highest-level deputies being forced to resign while Babeu assured everyone that Arpaio had no idea what was going on in his department.

I acknowledge some schadenfreude at seeing another hypocritical bigot crash and burn.

The people in Talking Time bring up a good point: how the hell does a gay mexican get involved with a Republican sheriff in Arizona of all places?

Opposites attract, I guess.

I took a rather interesting sociology of sex course in college; one of the videos we watched was about a fetish club.  There was more than one example of a submissive wanting to be dominated in a racially-charged roleplay -- a black man wanting to play the role of a slave and be dominated by a white "owner", a Jew wanting to be dominated by a woman dressed like a Nazi prison guard, and so on.

Not saying that's what happened here, but it's a fascinating bit of human psychology.  (And I also admit a certain amusement at trying to guess who was the top.)

MEANWHILE:

Well, they want to pass a law that would force teachers to be fired for using profanity.  As defined by FCC broadcast rules.

I was talking to a teacher about this the other day.  She said, "Wait...so I'll be able to say anything they can say on TV?  That's 'bitch', 'ass', 'damn', 'hell'..."

Thad

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • corporate-sellout.com
« Reply #409 on: February 28, 2012, 08:34:35 AM »

Documents: Babeu ran private boarding school with history of physical abuse

I think it's safe to say he will not be serving in the 113th Congress.

Bal

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: February 28, 2012, 08:38:28 AM »

I don't know. I wouldn't want to look soft on pre-crime.

Thad

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • corporate-sellout.com
« Reply #411 on: March 06, 2012, 01:44:11 PM »

Welp, in another piece of "What took so long?" news, ACLU sues the AZ prison system.

McDohl

• Pika-boo
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: March 13, 2012, 04:15:59 PM »

Oooh!  I get to beat Thad in posting something to this thread!

http://www.statepress.com/2012/03/12/senate-judiciary-committee-endorses-controversial-contraceptive-bill/

Arizona House Bill 2625, sponsored by Debbie Lesko, would allow companies to monitor what employees are getting birth control for.

Saturn

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: March 14, 2012, 08:17:16 PM »

Yeah that seems totally not illegal under federal law.

If it passes expect a bizarre increase in the various conditions BC Hormones treat

Ted Belmont

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: March 14, 2012, 08:23:14 PM »

Not mentioned in the article: since Arizona is a right-to-work state, under that law, employers could also fire employees for using birth control.

Bal

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: March 14, 2012, 09:16:21 PM »

I love how they tricked everyone into using the term "right-to-work state" instead of "right-to-get-fired state".

Thad

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • corporate-sellout.com
« Reply #416 on: March 15, 2012, 06:53:50 AM »

I remember commenting at some point during my unemployment last year that it was great to have the RIGHT to work but I'd really appreciate having the OPPORTUNITY.

Thad

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • corporate-sellout.com
« Reply #417 on: April 02, 2012, 12:26:43 PM »

...coulda sworn we had a thread called "It Is Now Illegal to Annoy People on the Internet", but I can't find it.  Maybe it was way back in the Pyoko era.

Anyway, yeah, Arizona legislature passes bill making it illegal to be annoying on the Interent.

I wouldn't bet on Brewer being smart enough to veto; indeed I wouldn't bet on Brewer being smart enough to [fill in the blank].  So, well, it was nice knowing you guys.

McDohl

• Pika-boo
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: April 02, 2012, 02:42:51 PM »

...wow.

WOW.

Get out of that state, Thad.  We don't need you to be our inside man anymore.

Bal

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: April 03, 2012, 08:17:37 AM »

Oh god I am fucked.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 ... 28