Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Author Topic: Fantasy Craft (Or 4e, or 3e... whatever!)  (Read 1493 times)

Makaris

• Just chill'n
  • Tested
    • View Profile
Fantasy Craft (Or 4e, or 3e... whatever!)
« on: December 08, 2009, 03:15:06 PM »

I've got a Fantasy Craft game in mind that I'd like to introduce and see if anyone would be interested.  NOTE:  If there is not enough interest in running Fantasy Craft, I can easily manage 4e or 3e instead.

Time:  Looking to ideally run it as a twice a week thinger, but no schedule exists yet.  When you post your interest, please also post times you'll likely be available for three hours or so.  A totally free evening would be ideal.

The Game:  Will be divided into campaigns that shouldn't last longer than two or three sessions, to avoid complications should someone not be able to make it to a session.  I really hate to railroad, so don't expect anything beyond the presumption that, within the first adventure, become employed by a guild of adventurous people seeking adventure (or fame, or wealth, or power, or etc.) known as the Adventurers Guild in the aptly named Guildlands.  I'm good with coming up with plenty of dungeon crawls, but I'll allow a large part of plot development to come from player input.

Setting:  My own creation, with a lot of help from other people.  There was a (now defunct) site dedicated to roleplaying within it, so I'd like to say it is pretty well developed. I'm even working on a pen-and-paper system for it, as well as a strategy fighting game that is in the alpha stage of development. There is some info posted here -> http://kayin.pyoko.org/da3/pmwiki/pmwiki.php?n=Macaria.Macaria but a lot of it is pretty dated.  You need not know much other than it's pretty standard fantasy material.

Character Info:  Any character that can be built with the standard Fantasy Craft material will be fine... just if you wanna make a Drake/Treeguy, give me a heads up and maybe a good reason why.  Level one, naturally.

Character Sheet:  http://www.crafty-games.com/downloads

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Baronies. Land of petty lords and constant conflict. Of shifting borders and uneasy alliance. The greatest of baronies are comparable to the kingdoms of the north in power and influence, but most are little more than feudal city-states struggling to maintain autonomy.

Map is really old and missing some information (like boundaries of the individual baronies...) and I haven't... uh... "commissioned" a new one yet. You can ignore the names and stuff. It's just there to give an idea of the geography.

The Republic of Meric declared it's independence from it's parent state of Cignaria roughly ten years ago. After a short, bloody war of independence Meric has become a very prosperous nation, second only to the greatest of all baronies, Balgarin, far to the east.

Meric owes it's prosperity mostly to it's location. All land trade coming to and from the baronies must pass through it, paying all due tolls in the process.

Located in the north of the Republic of Meric sits the Seven Crossroads Inn, on the outskirts of Goldhelm. Established to cater to the needs of far traveling merchants during the business-heavy trade season, most of the year things at the Inn are pretty quiet. Threats such as bandits and goblins have long since been believed driven from the region. Also, since the bulk of the war time fighting happened on Meric's southern borders, the area around Goldhelm has known only peace for a significant amount of time.

The trade season will be beginning soon, and already the Inn is setting up to meet the needs of those travelers. Additionally, the 10 year anniversary of Meric's independence is coming up, and a massive Fair is being held at Goldhelm.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is where you characters shall meet.  I know, I know, but a tavern really is the best method to start any game.  I assure you.

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Tested
    • View Profile
Re: Fantasy Craft (Or 4e, or 3e... whatever!)
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2009, 03:29:41 PM »

Mildly interested, but don't put me down as a yes.

Also dang Macaria, that takes me back.

My best "character meet-up" story was having them all entombed by an old NPC party member turning Lich and sealing them away in case he needed their talents later(he did!)

MadMAxJr

• Tested
    • View Profile
    • RPG Q&A
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2009, 05:11:49 PM »

Welcome to WFE.
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt." - Bertrand Russell

Got questions about RPGs?

Büge

• won't give you fleaz
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2009, 06:26:45 PM »

Interested. Not sure what Fantasy Craft is. Would be interested in a 3.x game. Hello.

Norondor

• Where I'm at is: Fuck you, get shot
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2009, 07:35:42 PM »

It is a fantasy reskin of Spycraft. This makes it really, really great.

Makaris

• Just chill'n
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2009, 07:50:19 PM »

Yeah, it is very much based on D20, but it took that system and seriously improved upon it.  If you need some help with how to make a character toss me a PM, but if there isn't enough interest I'm more than happy running 3e.

Büge

• won't give you fleaz
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2009, 08:46:04 PM »

Ohhhh, I remember Spycraft! I played it once. My character looked like Fred from Scooby Doo.

Burrito Al Pastor

• Galatea is mai waifu
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2009, 10:19:40 AM »

I am interested in this, particularly in the Fantasy Craft context. (Subject to scheduling logistics, of course.) I can't help but think that a biweekly online RPG is a terrible idea, though - any less often than weekly, and it's waaay too easy for people to lose interest. A single missed week in a weekly online game can permanantly derail it; missing a week every week seems straight-up unsustainable to me.
I'm a heartbreaker... My name... Charles.

Makaris

• Just chill'n
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2009, 10:20:37 AM »

hah, sorry.  I'll edit the first post.  I meant twice-ah-week.

Burrito Al Pastor

• Galatea is mai waifu
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2009, 10:56:38 AM »

Semiweekly is the word there.

Don't worry about it - I have to look "biweekly" up every time I see it, because I can never remember either.

Büge

• won't give you fleaz
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2009, 11:35:04 AM »

Actually, Biweekly would be twice a week. Bimonthly is the one you want to avoid.

Burrito Al Pastor

• Galatea is mai waifu
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2009, 11:39:56 AM »

Makaris

• Just chill'n
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2009, 12:29:58 PM »

:MENDOZAAAAA:
Fuuuuuuu~

Büge

• won't give you fleaz
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2009, 01:51:55 PM »

oh for the lova

JDigital

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2009, 05:56:17 PM »

I prefer the terms "twice weekly" and "fortnightly".