Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Dark Heresy: Aftermath  (Read 2852 times)

MadMAxJr

• Tested
    • View Profile
    • RPG Q&A
Dark Heresy: Aftermath
« on: December 08, 2009, 08:07:03 PM »

Either January 18th or 25th, I'm starting a new Dark Heresy game, continuing the one I ran last year.  The last game ended for various reasons but left many story hooks open.  In short there were varying opinions of the 'Ordo Septimus' claims of legitimacy as a secret order to discover and learn about the items and relics denied to mankind in order to further understand WHY such things are banned.  The last mission the adventurers were sent on is the last known recording of their existence.  Rumor speak that the forces of chaos surged in the region and corruption was abound.  Chaos is a convenient truth, but it is not the entire truth.  Kalta, formerly of the Adepta Sororita finds herself angry.  The Ordo Septimus led her astray.  She killed the inquisitor in question.  She is currently in parts unknown, a rogue force hunting heresy where she can find it.  She has followers now.  Little is known of what happened to the others.  The tech-heresy laden ship 'Ambrosia' appears to have been lost to the warp.  Rumor claims that some 'rebel' Eldar has seized it and the load of artifacts on board.

The new game continues the universe set by the previous game.  I'm going to run a custom storyline and weave in the published module 'Tattered Fates'.  I have six player seats open.  Feel free to contact me if you are interested in playing.  Dark Heresy is not for everyone as it is generally designed for veteran roleplayers and pulls very few punches.  The game time will be Fridays from 8pm CST to midnight.  I have six player seats open.  Veterans from the last game get priority seating.  Everyone will be playing new characters.  The game is played using Gametable software, usually whatever the latest release candidate is.  This is planned to be a long-term campaign.

Players may use resources from the Dark Heresy main book and The Inquisitor's Handbook.  Material from The Radical's Handbook is subject to a case by case approval.

The following background kits are also available.  These kits are subject to revision before the game begins.

(This one below is very likely going to get revised)
Kalta's Rebellion (Background requiring female character of assassin, imperial guard, or adepta sororita class) - 300xp

Kalta has recruited a number of exceptionally trained women as her fury grows and the hunts for heretics continues.  These women have pledged loyalty to her.

+1 Fate
Hatred (Ordo Septimus)
Hatred (Heretics)
Extreme Scrutiny - When using Scrutiny, for any reason, roll twice, take the better result.
(Drawback) Suffer Not The Heretic to Live - Encounters with heretics or revealed heretics should result in their death.  Little to no exceptions.  A fellow party member who is a proven heretic may be ignored from this wrath by burning a fate point. (Note: Heretical artifacts do not require immediate destruction, only your contempt)
(Drawback) Forbidden For A Reason - You may not acquire Forbidden Lore skills.
1d10 Insanity

Zero Company (Background requiring Imperial Guard class) - 200 XP

Zero company soldiers are the scattered remains of the private infantry used by the Ordo Septimus.  This legion is no more, and these soldiers are scattered, seeking out new lives yet remain skilled in things best left unknown.

Xeno Weaponry Training - Be proficient in an exotic weapon, exchange primary weapon from class for one. (GM provided)
Greater Understanding Purges Fear - +20 on Fear tests
Literacy (free!)
(Drawback) I Will Fear No Evil -  You must pass a +0 WP test to disengage melee combat from a creature with a fear rating.
1 Insanity

Strophes Noble (Requires Noble born background) - 200XP

You are a member of the glorious house Stropes located on Scintilla.  This is a family with a proud military history that had ties to several key members of the Ordo Septimus prior to their joining.

The Armory - Weapons are 50% cheaper for you when purchased between major story arcs.  These are possessions of the family and should not be given or traded away.  Items purchased this way have a free embellishment and may possess unique qualities (GM discresion)
Money and Honor - +10 on interaction skill tests with nobility, military, and administrative personnel.
Commanding Presence - +3 Fellowship
Common Knowledge (War) may be treated as a basic skill.
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt." - Bertrand Russell

Got questions about RPGs?

Büge

• won't give you fleaz
  • Tested
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Heresy: Aftermath
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2009, 08:42:14 PM »

You have no idea how in I am.

Lottel

• You know that's right
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2009, 08:54:55 PM »

Woo! An open DH game?
I'll be in iffen you'll allow it.

McDohl

• Pika-boo
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2009, 08:56:22 PM »

IN.

Burrito Al Pastor

• Galatea is mai waifu
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2009, 09:01:43 PM »

Oh, FUCK yes.
I'm a heartbreaker... My name... Charles.

MadMAxJr

• Tested
    • View Profile
    • RPG Q&A
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2009, 09:10:14 PM »

Putting a note here that a non-WFE member is getting in on this, veteran from last game, named Breaker.
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt." - Bertrand Russell

Makaris

• Just chill'n
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2009, 09:10:35 AM »

I totally would like in on this!  Please please oh pleeeease.

MadMAxJr

• Tested
    • View Profile
    • RPG Q&A
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2009, 10:04:29 AM »

People new to DH are encouraged to obtain the book so we can discuss.  Drop me a PM, IM, tell me to get on IRC, fire signal flares, or somehow contact me.  We will see if this is the right game for you.

I'll start picking out party members next week.  If there's enough people who want to play, but I just can't fit in this one, I will gladly do everything to help setup a second group with another GM.

Here's the current erratta.

MadMAxJr

• Tested
    • View Profile
    • RPG Q&A
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2009, 08:01:00 AM »

Alright.  I'll take the players who've posted so far, plus Romo if he still wants to play.  That makes a large-ish group, but if it becomes a problem we can become two groups of GM + 3 players.

Most of you by now should have my contact information by some means, feel free to ask questions.  When creating your character, you're free to pick homeworld and class, but everything else should be rolled.  I highly encourage you to discuss what you want to be here.  Breaker (non-WFE fellow) is likely going to roll imperial guard.

Background packages above are slightly revised, bold text indicates revisions.

Tentatively going to shoot for the 25th as first game date.

Also going to ask if we can get a consensus to try out using voice chat.  I could possibly rent a ventrilo server.  Some people may not like this for various reasons and that's fine, just let me know.

McDohl

• Pika-boo
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2009, 08:20:00 AM »

Christmas Day? :o

MadMAxJr

• Tested
    • View Profile
    • RPG Q&A
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2009, 08:29:58 AM »

JANUARY.

Joxam

• The Transformizzle
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Shadowrun
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2009, 08:30:43 AM »

I do not want to play but I will say that I own a 50 man vent server and would be more than happy to let you chaps play your game 'all up ins'.

Makaris

• Just chill'n
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2009, 11:43:21 AM »

I've rolled up a Tech-Priest, Voidborn.  Haven't selected skills yet.  Will edit this post with the character when I'm all done.

Büge

• won't give you fleaz
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2009, 08:09:53 AM »

Planning to go Arbitrator this time around.

Burrito Al Pastor

• Galatea is mai waifu
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2009, 01:52:23 AM »

I was considering either an Arbites or a Sororitas, so I guess that resolves that, then!

Saturn

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2009, 03:01:22 AM »

what kind of stuff is in the radical's handbook anyway?
(and does anyone have a .pdf of it?)

Burrito Al Pastor

• Galatea is mai waifu
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2009, 12:30:09 PM »

As I understand it, the bulk of the book is basically unsuitable for chargen, but there's some background packages that sound interesting (there's an Arbites one called "Justice, Not Law"), and some alternate career paths. Here's two that were cut from the book.

MadMAxJr

• Tested
    • View Profile
    • RPG Q&A
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2009, 04:23:07 PM »

Strophes package will be revised in the next few days.

Burrito Al Pastor

• Galatea is mai waifu
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2009, 05:07:02 PM »

Character is done, aside from pending modifications to Strophes package. Cassilda Strophes is ready for action.

MadMAxJr

• Tested
    • View Profile
    • RPG Q&A
« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2009, 05:39:54 AM »

I apparently can't read calendars.  I meant to pick a friday date, not a Monday.  Let's look into the 22nd.

Pages: [1] 2