Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 11

Author Topic: RING RING RING RING RING RING RING  (Read 26308 times)

Fredward

• a romantic soul
  • Tested
    • View Profile
Re: RING RING RING RING RING RING RING
« Reply #60 on: January 26, 2008, 11:15:24 PM »

As an experiment of mine to log how many times those who professed to hate Sharkey's guts would try to visit his forums.
Quote from: Brentai
It's never easy to tell just where the line is between physical malady and the general crushing horror of life itself.

• Magic Gunner Miss Blue
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 26, 2008, 11:28:06 PM »

I didn't 'give Kazz shit' for it so much as express my desire for him to be more polite concerning it.

Zaratustra

• what
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Zaratustra Productions
« Reply #62 on: January 26, 2008, 11:34:26 PM »

Maybe I -should- make Pixel Pals after all.

Thad

• Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • corporate-sellout.com
Re: RINGU RINGU RINGU
« Reply #63 on: January 27, 2008, 12:53:54 AM »

Judging from the flood of members we've had in the past day, I'd say this community started years ago.

It DID.

Rico

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 27, 2008, 02:23:24 AM »

Years before most of the people on either forum ever showed up, in fact.

Kazz

• Projekt Direktor
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 27, 2008, 02:29:17 AM »

including, and here's the kicker, Arc.

Bongo Bill

• Dinosaurcerer
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 27, 2008, 02:34:46 AM »

As an experiment of mine to log how many times those who professed to hate Sharkey's guts would try to visit his forums.

That can't be right. Kayumi doesn't profess to hate Sharkey's guts. So there's got to be something else, and I want to make sure I don't do that.
...but is it art?

Kazz

• Projekt Direktor
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 27, 2008, 02:42:13 AM »

[5:31] <@Vance> Okay, going back to my previous comment
[5:32] <@Vance> "but I suppose it DOES bear asking you guys are so damn interested in going there if you hate us all so much." He's definitely lost it.
[5:33] <+Kayumi> What?
[5:33] <+Kayumi> Oh is he posting about it?
[5:33] <+Kayumi> The damn point I've been trying to make is that I don't and never once said that I did hate them
[5:33] <+Kayumi> and I don't know where the hell he got that impression.
[5:34] <@Vance> Yes, well, that's our former and apparently present Thad. Makes assumptions, denies making assumptions, accuses others of making assumptions.
[5:34] <lapKazz> arc implies that you said you hate Sharkey
[5:34] <+Kayumi> Yeah, I don't know where the hell he got that.
[5:34] <@Vance> I never said I hate Sharkey. Frankly I have a gripe with him, but that doesn't mean I hate him
[5:35] <lapKazz> vance, you picked out the single instance where Thad did anything but fight for Kayumi et al to be unbanned?
[5:35] <@Vance> Wasn't aware I was supposed to. I don't know what Thad's doing, frankly.
[5:35] <+Kayumi> I remember saying, in response to people complaining in gloom and doom tones that the whole thing signified the end of the community as a whole, that Sharkey had never been the core of this channel in recent memory...
[5:36] <lapKazz> vance i don't even know what you're talking about
[5:36] <+Kayumi> I remember saying that the loss of his website that it was not exactly as if he has been making regular updates to it in the past several years
[5:36] <@Vance> Nor I you.
[5:36] <lapKazz> well i was talking to kayumi
[5:36] <@Vance> You call Kayumi by my name?
[5:36] <+Kayumi> I remember saying that both Sharkey and Arcturus could have handled that argument better
[5:36] <lapKazz> except for the one sentence where i said "vance," i was talking to kayumi
[5:36] <+Kayumi> but I don't remember saying anywhere that I hate Sharkey
[5:36] <@Vance> Silly me.
[5:37] <lapKazz> kayumi, arc's being 100% dickhead right now and nobody knows why
[5:37] <lapKazz> because he won't explain himself
[5:37] <+Kayumi> I'm about ready to declare loathing for Arc over the whole thing, but that's just anger at an idiot throwing a tantrum at me for unexplained reasons
[5:37] <BongoBill> A voodoo ritual went wrong and maou is possessing him.
[5:38] <+Kayumi> an ineffective one to boot, I'll be home in Canada in just over a month and his fucking ip ban won't work anymore.
[5:38] <@Vance> It's rather astonishing. I thought Arc was one of the more levelheaded people around
[5:38] <BongoBill> We need to throw somebody in the volcano.
[5:38] <lapKazz> like, i really want to like Arc, because he put a lot of work and all that into the boards, but i just wish he'd be accountable for what the hell he's doing
[5:38] <lapKazz> there's a theory that it's all a big prank, but it isn't funny to anyone
[5:38] <+Kayumi> And at that point if he wants to keep me out he's more than welcome to ban canada and see how long it goes on
[5:39] <lapKazz> i'll paste this conversation onto WFE
[5:39] <+Kayumi> Well leave out the bit about banning Canada.
[5:39] <+Kayumi> He'll take it as a good suggestion.
[5:39] <lapKazz> hopefully it'll force Arc to post his evidence against you
[5:40] <lapKazz> whatever it may be
[5:40] <lapKazz> or just admit that he has none

McFrugal

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 27, 2008, 03:06:07 AM »

I think Arc's asleep right now.  Maybe we should wait for him to start posting again before we continue throwing expired produce.

patito

• kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 27, 2008, 03:24:55 AM »

I suggest it's time to start another forum, because the only mod who's paying a slight bit of attention here has gone mad with power.

upthorn

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 27, 2008, 06:43:33 AM »

Arc, I think I see what you are after -- giving several of those who did not complain about terra/maou's behavior an object lesson on why it is reprehensible. However, you behaving in that manner is not going to help convince anybody how terrible terra/maou is, it will only convince them how terrible you are. I mean seriously, the only reason anybody is here in the first place is because they find that sort of thing revolting, surely you have to realize that nobody is going to be pleased with this, especially since they're having to guess at your motives.

Or are you intentionally trying to ruin this thing before it gets off the ground? Because that's the only other goal I could see this being a means to.
signature

Fortinbras

• Tested
    • View Profile
fuck, Fortinbras is here, time to make another new forum
« Reply #71 on: January 27, 2008, 07:42:55 AM »

Or so it was for a while, but it's been going on so long and at such over the top intensity that now even I'm a bit pissed.  Eventually drama (which is basically my fourth food group, replacing vegetables) gets dull and annoying and all I want is for me and my Internet acquaintances to be able to talk about whatever bullshit without some loon trying to make a ridiculous point (or just have a laugh?) at their expense.

What was initially understood to be a project designed to get away from drama and overbearing autocrats has become so dramatic due to the new overbearing autocrat that even people who feed on this nonsense just want it to end.

Lobst

• Apatosaur Dreamer
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Chili Con Comrades
« Reply #72 on: January 27, 2008, 07:44:45 AM »

I mean seriously, the only reason anybody is here in the first place is because they find that sort of thing revolting,

I'm just here because that's where most of the key players at Pyoko have gone; I don't hate any of the people involved, even though some of them have been/are being juvenile.

In fact, I guess you could say I'm here because I love this community, and virtually everybody in it.   Sharkey's presence is a wonderful, amazing bonus, but even if he publicly confessed ambitions of personally coming to my apartment and kicking me in the junk for being a furry, I'd probably still show up every day to read people's stuff.

I'd probably just justify it by pretending he was joking, even as I lie in howling pain/possibly bleeding on my living room floor.  D:

Kazz

• Projekt Direktor
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 27, 2008, 08:42:58 AM »

and punchy arrives to mention himself

thank you punchy

Lobst

• Apatosaur Dreamer
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Chili Con Comrades
« Reply #74 on: January 27, 2008, 09:23:06 AM »

I was being sincere.  :(

Kayin

• Akzidenz Grotesk
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • I Wanna Be The Guy
« Reply #75 on: January 27, 2008, 10:47:54 AM »

What also gets me is this shit about well "Why do you wanna come here if you hate Sharkey so much?"

Because the community is not about Sharkey. The Community is not about Arc. Within a month or two Sharkey will be posting once a week/month/year and Arc will just continue being strange and nebulous and neither will matter anymore. I don't got any beef with Sharkey, but I'd come here even if I did for that very reason.

Classic

• Happens more often than you'd think.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 27, 2008, 10:51:51 AM »

Whoa, whoa. Sharkey only posts in short bursts, but Arc has had a pretty steady run of posting. Excluding, of course, the DoA storyline. I am a bit annoyed by this story Arc tho'. Hmmm...

Kayin

• Akzidenz Grotesk
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • I Wanna Be The Guy
« Reply #77 on: January 27, 2008, 11:12:00 AM »

Whoa, whoa. Sharkey only posts in short bursts, but Arc has had a pretty steady run of posting. Excluding, of course, the DoA storyline. I am a bit annoyed by this story Arc tho'. Hmmm...
Yes, but he rarely matters. He's rarely down to earth with anyone. He does do PDS though, I have to at least credit that.

Koah

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 27, 2008, 11:20:14 AM »

All I know is that this is pissing all over my plans for going back and revising that old self ("self" in the "collective bunch of people" sense)-gratifying project I was kicking around.  I'll be damned if I restart it only to have to constantly revise or outright wipe what I've done due to utterly arbitrary mod actions.

Thad

• Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • corporate-sellout.com
« Reply #79 on: January 27, 2008, 12:15:23 PM »

[5:32] <@Vance> "but I suppose it DOES bear asking you guys are so damn interested in going there if you hate us all so much." He's definitely lost it.
[...]
[5:35] <lapKazz> vance, you picked out the single instance where Thad did anything but fight for Kayumi et al to be unbanned?

Not only that, but he cut out the first part of the sentence, "I frankly think the whole thing's asinine".

...This really IS an object lesson in defending someone you think is an idiot.  Which I believe is how we got here in the first damn place.

What also gets me is this shit about well "Why do you wanna come here if you hate Sharkey so much?"

Because the community is not about Sharkey. The Community is not about Arc. Within a month or two Sharkey will be posting once a week/month/year and Arc will just continue being strange and nebulous and neither will matter anymore. I don't got any beef with Sharkey, but I'd come here even if I did for that very reason.

That's a perfectly reasonable answer.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 11