Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5

Author Topic: Pizza  (Read 5973 times)

Shinra

• Big Juicy Winners
  • Tested
    • View Profile
Pizza
« on: December 21, 2009, 03:29:42 PM »

So, after 50 years apparently someone at Dominoes finally got the hint that their pizza sucks hard and decided to do something about it. My fiance and I stopped by the local Dominoes and decided to give the new formula a shot. I was skeptical - I want to note that I found Dominoes to be one of the worst of the major pizza chains, with nasty sauce and cardboard crust. All apprehension aside, the local store has a very good deal on pizza to stay competitive with the regional chain Cheezie's, so we got the pizza for only 6 bucks for a large 1 topping - I can't argue with a good price so we bought the pizza and took it home.

In terms of aroma and looks, the pizza already looks better - the sauce does not have the incredibly dark red appearance it had in the past and the new cheese blend seems to flow better so it had better coverage on the top. In terms of flavor...

:perfect:

What can I say, the new sauce is really what sold me on this, but all around they've improved every aspect of their previously shitty pizza. It's still not going to beat your local small town pie shop, but in terms of mass produced pizza, I would argue that Dominoes is now second to none. It really takes balls to completely change the way you do things this far down the line, but in all honesty it pays off.

ITT: Pizza discussion of all kinds.

Subtopic to get the ball rolling if you hate Dominoes : What is your opinion on Dessert Pizza?

Norondor

• Where I'm at is: Fuck you, get shot
  • Tested
    • View Profile
Re: Pizza
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2009, 03:34:33 PM »

Miss Cat Ears

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2009, 03:40:53 PM »

I prefer Pizza Hut and will not eat Hideaway or Pizza Shuttle.

My favorite is mushroom and pineapple.

We weren't allowed to eat things like pizza growing up so now it is the one food item for which I can't control myself.  I've been known to eat a large pizza by myself, and often.

That video above doesn't even seem close to being a joke, sadly.  And I didn't know that Dominoe's changed their recipe.  I used to eat a lot of it because a roommate worked there.  It was okay but nothing special.

SCD

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2009, 03:45:23 PM »

Where I live now, I cannot find a good pizza to save my life.

These two places I miss dearly as they make what is the best pizza known to man, I kid you naught.

Niku

• MEAT
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2009, 03:53:38 PM »

You know, I was reading the ad about how Domino's had completely changed their pizza and thought that it took some real balls.  Because as shitty as their pizza is, if the people who like it don't like the new formula and the people who don't are too skeptical to try it again, you're looking at alienating a lot of people.  That said, I really do want to try it just to see how it is, and you have now bolstered that desire.  Thanks!
i'm a blog now, blogs are cool: a fantastic machine made of meat

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2009, 03:59:54 PM »

Ledo's Pizza. Pizza in a Square. :lol:

Büge

• won't give you fleaz
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2009, 04:01:52 PM »

I liked that pizza place we went to in Toronto. Next time I pass through I might stop for a slice.

SCD

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2009, 04:07:35 PM »

François

• Huh.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2009, 04:09:26 PM »

When I'm feelin' lazy, I get some Pillsbury crust and Gattuso sauce and make a bullshit little pizza with bacon, onions, cheddar and emmental cheese. The emmental is the secret to making all that crap worth putting together.

It's pretty sad that this is still better than any restaurant pizza I've had around here. :painful:

Kayma

• kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • http://twitter.com/kayma
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2009, 04:14:02 PM »

Beto's Pizza in Pittsburgh is the best I've ever had, and brother, I've had a lot of pizza.

Square pizza baked on huge tray, toppings added after baking. It's better than you'd think and is, in fact, superior.

Niku

• MEAT
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2009, 04:29:43 PM »

I am a huge fan of Spaghetti Western locally for their chipotle-alfredo sauce pizza with chicken.  It is the bee's knees.

Norondor

• Where I'm at is: Fuck you, get shot
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2009, 04:31:15 PM »

There are two HQ+ pizza places within walking distance of here, Pieces, which has high-class delicious garlicky sauce and amazingly thin crispy but tender crust (and which we sometimes eat free at, holla) and Zelda's, which is amazing a dirty cave and has CORNMEAL CRUST, the true secret of temporal power.

Disposable Ninja

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2009, 04:38:26 PM »

Hey, guys, pineapple pizza is the best.

that is all

Kayin

• Akzidenz Grotesk
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • I Wanna Be The Guy
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2009, 04:39:34 PM »

Since I come from the land of New York, where Pizza is actually good, I got a lot of good options to choose from. But my favorite comes from one 'Mary's Pizza and Pasta'.

The Chicken Bacon Bomber Pizza.

"Chicken cutlet, bacon, cheddar cheese, mozzarella cheese & Thousand Island dressing"

It's like a sandwich in the form of a pizza. It's called a bomber because someone decided to declare nuclear war on the pizza, only replace nuclear with 'chicken and bacon'. TWO SLICES. MORE THEN ENOUGH TO KILL ANYTHING THAT MOVES.

Hell sometimes I eat one and save the other for later and thats saying a lot. A few people here can attest to how much I can eat! People are usually skeptical about the Thousand Island Dressing too, but trust me. It works. It just does.

Niku

• MEAT
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2009, 04:40:30 PM »

wrong.  pineapple baked on pizza becomes hot and gooshy and not ideal.

the pineapple should be added afterward so that it is a cold, crisp conflict of texture and temperature to the hot and spicy deliciousness beneath.  see also: pineapple added post-cooking to mongolian bbq.

Metal Slime

• Worth the experience.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2009, 04:48:17 PM »

I'm a Pizza Hut guy myself. I've tried other pizzas, but theirs just has a certain bite to the taste that I like since I tend to like spicier foods and stuff like that. Most of the other stuff I taste just feels a bit bland to me in that regard.

Joxam

• The Transformizzle
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Shadowrun
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2009, 04:52:08 PM »

Pizza Hut? What the fuck is wrong with you people!?

Kayma

• kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • http://twitter.com/kayma
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2009, 04:52:37 PM »

:MENDOZAAAAA:

yyler

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2009, 05:03:14 PM »

yyler

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2009, 05:05:20 PM »

Fuck I wanna go to Zelda's now
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5