Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Poll

WHEN SHOULD THREADS BE LOCKED

IMMEDIATELY
- 3 (21.4%)
AFTER SORACROSS POSTS
- 5 (35.7%)
MARCH 5TH 2009
- 3 (21.4%)
YES
- 3 (21.4%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Voting closed: May 02, 2008, 12:04:13 PM

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: LOCK THIS THREAD  (Read 4201 times)

Guild

• High-Bullshit
  • Tested
    • View Profile
LOCK THIS THREAD
« on: May 01, 2008, 12:04:13 PM »

HEY PEOPLE DON'T RESPOND TO THIS THREAD

IT WOULD BE A SERIOUS WASTE OF PRECIOUS TIME

JUST READ THE THREE OLD THREADS OK?

Why do threads get locked? It could be that the administrators believe they know better than the users. I know that's untrue. It's better to leave a thread open to the potential for improvement. We're all pretty smart folk that can regulate each other with pith and wit without the need for big brother's heavy hand. If you agree, respond to this thread or lock it (see what I did there). TWO LEGS BAD! SOYLENT THREADS IS PEOPLE!

Classic

• Happens more often than you'd think.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
Re: LOCK THIS THREAD
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2008, 12:19:49 PM »

I assume you're referring to this:
http://brontoforum.us/index.php?topic=380.msg7476#msg7476
Karma++ BTW 2 teh Geoz.

While I don't think conversation on the subject is necessarily done (mine is, though) I think that thread has reached a satisfying conclusion. It's got it's own public service announcement at the end and everything! It would be a worthwhile Thread of Legend. It is, as stands, complete and perfect. I'm inordinately amused with my own stupidity and chronicling it, but I'd personally like that thread to be done.

It's asinine, but you could just as easily start a new thread on whatever tangent or update you wanted and simply reference the old, locked one through quotes. Doing them manually so that they have all of the features of the "quote button" script is a bitch, but it can be done.

Thad

• Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • corporate-sellout.com
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2008, 12:24:23 PM »

Nobody in this free-to-use messageboard owes you people anything, most especially the admin who spend selfless hours working for the satisfying reward of not getting paid and user-bitching. If every one of them banned us all and quit tomorrow there would STILL be absolutely no call for the random bouts of "Wah wah you owe me such and such"

I move that subjective hilariously contradictory material be stricken from enshrined in the record.

Brentai

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnXYVlPgX_o
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2008, 12:32:49 PM »

This is the thread where everybody is right.

Guild

• High-Bullshit
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2008, 12:34:41 PM »

No, this is a long-standing annoyance I've had. Nothing to do with Sour Gropes, though that did remind me of this subject.

Hey Thad, I would protest if this thread got locked, but I wouldn't say the admin didn't have a right to do it. The purpose of that statement which you have taken out of context was to point out that Arc shouldn't have been attacked, but rather boycotted (with stated reason) or forgiven. The difference here is that I'm attacking an idea, not a person. I'd think a politically minded fellow such as yourself would see that distinction instinctually.

Thad

• Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • corporate-sellout.com
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2008, 12:34:55 PM »

Hey Thad, I would protest if this thread got locked, but I wouldn't say the admin didn't have a right to do it. The purpose of that statement which you have taken out of context was to point out that Arc shouldn't have been attacked, but rather boycotted (with stated reason) or forgiven. The difference here is that I'm attacking an idea, not a person. I'd think a politically minded fellow such as yourself would see that distinction instinctually.

Quote from: Guildenstern
I love Thad. He's proficient at skirting the issue, like a total pussywipe, and he reminds me of President Clinton because he never answers a direct thought without first nitpicking every detail first.

Guild

• High-Bullshit
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2008, 12:38:02 PM »

Sorry for calling you names. I won't use my youth as an excuse. That was just crude.

Kazz

• Projekt Direktor
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2008, 12:40:31 PM »

GUILDENSTERN HAS EVERY OPINION

Guild

• High-Bullshit
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2008, 12:45:07 PM »

Quote from: Guildenstern
I love Thad. He's proficient at skirting the issue, like a total pussywipe, and he reminds me of President Clinton because he never answers a direct thought without first nitpicking every detail first.

There IS an important line between HOLDING A SENSELESS GRUDGE THAT DIVIDES A COMMUNITY and DENOUNCING AN IDEA.

If you disagree with that kiss my ass Obama should lose.

Edit: I just realized how flawlessly you trolled my thread. Rather than addressing the issue you attacked my character. Are we swapping roles now?

Royal☭

• Supreme Court Judge President
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2008, 12:46:37 PM »

There is also an important line between making sense and rambling incoherently, but you don't fish watermelon run a park.

Kazz

• Projekt Direktor
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2008, 12:47:15 PM »

A person is a collection of ideas trapped in meat.

Ocksi

• Guy on a buffalo
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2008, 12:54:52 PM »

Karma++ BTW 2 teh Geoz.
ban this user.

Air

• Tested
    • View Profile
    • SoraCross Dev.
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2008, 01:58:44 PM »

AFTER SORACROSS POSTS
 :whoops:

Cannon

• Hopes for a great many things
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2008, 02:24:04 PM »

I am posting in this thread.

Brentai

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2008, 02:29:01 PM »

Against all odds this thread is still the thread where everybody is right.

A-MAZ-ING!!!

Cannon

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2008, 02:29:54 PM »

I think you're wrong.

Royal☭

• Supreme Court Judge President
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2008, 03:34:49 PM »

Oh shit, that post makes Brentai wrong, but then proves Cannon right, thus proving Brentai correct, thus making him wrong again, which makes Cannon right, thus proving Brentai correct, thus making him wrong again, which makes Cannon right, thus proving Brentai correct, thus making him wrong again, which makes Cannon right, thus proving Brentai correct, thus making him wrong again, which makes Cannon right, thus proving Brentai correct, thus making him wrong again, which makes Cannon right, thus proving Brentai correct, thus making him wrong again, which makes Cannon right, thus proving Brentai correct, thus making him wrong again, which makes Cannon right, thus proving Brentai correct, thus making him wrong again, which makes Cannon right, thus proving Brentai correct, thus making him wrong again, which makes Cannon right, thus proving Bre-

:scanners:

Cannon

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2008, 03:51:02 PM »

:nyoro~n:

...Well...

:popcorn:

Brentai

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2008, 04:02:22 PM »

Oh shit, that post makes Brentai wrong

No, that post didn't invalidate anything.  I was still right, and Cannon was right in saying that he thought I was wrong.

You, on the other hand, just fucked it up.

:gameover:

End thread.

Cannon

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2008, 04:11:48 PM »

Do you want your linguistical terms identified?
Pages: [1] 2