Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Pact Fortunata  (Read 6340 times)

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Tested
    • View Profile
Re: Pact Fortunata
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2010, 10:07:46 PM »

Yeah. I'm going for an "Earth but not Earth" thing so that I can draw upon history for most of the basics and shoe-horn magical crap as I see fit.

It also helped that I had a notepad in my hand when the "Race = Culture" table idea hit me.

Shinra

• Big Juicy Winners
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2010, 10:50:04 PM »

oh god, 1960s america spy rpg with a russian dwarf named "The Iron Curtain"

Burrito Al Pastor

• Galatea is mai waifu
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2010, 02:59:19 PM »

Oh! Then I have the perfect character idea - a Korean electrical engineer. He knows all about the power of Seoul.

And he sings in an R&B band, which is why he's familiar with soul music.

He was the only person to escape the great Korean R&B crackdown, making him the sole survivor of Seoul soul.
I'm a heartbreaker... My name... Charles.

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2010, 03:16:24 PM »

Shinra

• Big Juicy Winners
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2010, 05:31:44 PM »

Gorbash

• Untested
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2010, 07:26:58 PM »

:wat:

I'm the sup/tg/ guy. So, uh, here's my character.

Varakyn
Female Shifter Avenger
Character Sheet

History
Politics, pacts, laws, the so-called civlized world - none of these meant anything to Varakyn. Were it her choice, she would never have come to the blunt-teeths's city at all. But it was not her choice. The shaman had seen portents in the smoke of her fire, and so Varakyn had left behind the dry prison of a reservation her people had been forced onto. The Lady of Endings had need of her servant in this place. And perhaps in this service the People would be raised back to their rightful place.

Of course, the goddess' plans were not entirely clear. All Varakyn knew was that she needed to journey to this place, and so she had come. What was required of her would be revealed in the fullness of time, as long as she remained alert for the signs and omens. Meanwhile, Varakyn needed to survive among the omen-blind and cowardly blunt-teeth.

It seemed various tribes and warrior societies in this place were engaged in a protracted feud of some kind. The war leaders and chieftains of this people had need of skilled fighters, and no warrior was as deadly as one of the Mistress of Winters servants. So Varakyn swore her sword to one of these warleaders, after dispatching a few of his enemies in a manner that seemed to impress - and terrify - him.

So Varakyn, Avenger of the Raven Queen, remains in this place, waiting for the will of her goddess to make itself apparent, keeping to the ways of her people, and slaying the enemies of her sworn war leader. If these blunt-teeth only knew how to cook a proper meal, life would be good.

Personality
Varakyn views the mores and customs of the city and its inhabitants as beneath her, and treats non-Shifters with barely concealed disdain. She follows the code of the warrior, according to the tenets of her people, and thus tends to be self-assured to the point of arrogance. She also acts as if she fears nothing and that the possibility of her own death is so incosequential that it need not be acknowledged. Additionally, she tends to follow the most conservative and mystical versions of her people's traditions. Because of this, Varakyn views the world around her in a way that is mostly incomprehensible to the locals, which has given her a reputation for scary randomness. Its unclear how much of this is intentional on Varakyn's part.

Ultimately, Varakyn is a true believer in her goddess and the ways of her people. She despises the other races for defeating the Shifters and forcing them onto reservations, but also respects their apparent strength despite not being able to account for it. Varakyn avoids liquor and gambling as much as she can, having seen too many of her tribe fall prey to such vices. She also maintains a front of disinterest in the details of the soul-trade or in the underworld politics surrounding it. This is only half-true - while she cannot fathom why it exists, putting it down as just another incomprehensible quirk of the other races, at the same time she follows it as best she can in case it turns out to be related to the task the Raven Queen requires of her.

Background
Divine, Aspect

Character Image

Rosencrantz

• Renegade Game Counselor
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2010, 02:26:26 PM »

Here's my character.

Gustav Segur
Male Dwarf Warden
Character Sheet

I'm still mentally preparing the character background stuff.  :nyoro~n:

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2010, 02:55:13 PM »

Bump with info that will also be in the first post.

sup/tg/ IRC server info: xen.thisisnotatrueending.com/6667 or port 6667

#doomgame

I'll probably arrive home close to 8 and be chatting by 8:05. We'll be running or helping others prep by 8:30 definitely.

McDohl

• Pika-boo
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2010, 05:50:29 AM »

I'll be an hour late, unfortunately.  Radio Shack closes at 8:00...Central.

Shinra

• Big Juicy Winners
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2010, 05:55:38 AM »

This is still going on tomorrow right?

McDohl

• Pika-boo
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2010, 06:02:10 AM »

As far as I know.

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2010, 08:02:52 AM »

Yes.

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2010, 08:28:38 PM »

First Session.

Here is an Intro, here is a Party Meeting Together, here is your First Infernal Contact, here is your first Fence, and Oh My God *PLOT*

Also: a Secretary that sparkles, using a Super Mario Spring to skip Combat, killing Beggars.

Posting rigid and final weekly list, but I will be attempting to set-up a one-shot episode for say Wednesday Night.

Rosencrantz

• Renegade Game Counselor
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2010, 08:51:02 PM »

Good game! Looking forward to next week's session.

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 05, 2010, 05:24:06 PM »

Bump.

If you're playing in my weekly, gimme a post about your situation: noticing a lot of dudes having new work schedules, completely forgetting the game exists and they're in it, or just vanishing! I need an accurate head count!

If you were interested in playing, there may be room after the above!

Shinra

• Big Juicy Winners
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 06, 2010, 12:19:49 AM »

sorry for not being in tonight, had to work. with the new job I can't expect to get fridays off, but I will probably be getting day shifts in the near future, so we'll see. I'll have to play games by ear for a while.

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 06, 2010, 08:48:37 AM »

I know you have a serious job, but only two players showed up in 2 hours last night, so  :;_;:

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 13, 2010, 08:23:09 PM »

Hi!

Rosencrantz, you've vanished. I have no choice but to be neutral and look for a guy to fill your spot. I'd probably squeeze you into a full game if you ever felt like just showing up.

McDohl, you don't show up! I even IMed you on Friday to ask if you were still in the game! NO, I am not your Mom and I will not contact you at 8 PM to remind you again! Unless you can give me some solemn vows, I'm going to replace you!

Shinra! You have a job and I respect that! I'll grab another guy for your slot, but as with Rosen, you're always welcome to just show up and be a guest! If your schedule softens, give me an immediate shout!

Game didn't run again on Friday because only two guys showed up. If you want to muscle into one of the three open slots, just reach the first two posts of the thread and contact me! We'll try again on the 19th! We play at 8 PM Eastern! Not 8:30 PM Eastern, not showing up at 9 PM Eastern because you figured nobody will be ready until late, get here by fucking 8! In fact, aim for 7:45, because I usually start losing interest as soon as 8 rolls around and the room's empty! Waiting for players while not daring to engage in an engaging activity is boredom amplified and I hate it!

Ridley

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 16, 2010, 03:00:19 PM »

Doom I want to play and we were talking about it this morning and I have a sort of sheeted character that I could figure out background for, a drow swordmage (decided not to go with changeling after all) and I think I have a sense of where I want to go with her only only.

Only you said fridays, and that's great I can do fridays.  But you said in the post immediately preceding this that you would try again on the 20th.  The 20th is a saturday and I can't do saturdays.

And then you went off to play some games or something I don't know and I gotta clarify stuff with you and sort out how this shit will work and make sure it's actually a time when I can even play.  So I'm just checking what's up yo.

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 16, 2010, 04:12:22 PM »

Then I chose the wrong day. It's Friday.
Pages: 1 [2] 3