Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Pact Fortunata  (Read 6328 times)

Ridley

• Tested
    • View Profile
Re: Pact Fortunata
« Reply #40 on: February 16, 2010, 06:37:15 PM »

Cedrayne is special.  Cedrayne has always known that—everyone in her life made it clear to her.  She was born of a divinely touched bloodline, a gift from the great goddess Lolth herself to her family.  Raised among the faithful, she grew used to the near-adulation of her people.  Cedrayne is special.

In spite of her divine heritage, Cedrayne showed a great gift (and preference for) arcane swordsmanship.  Using her not inconsiderable arcane talents, she was able to weave crystalline webbing of ice and frost to slow opponents, hinder their blades, or maneuver them to where she would have the greatest advantage.  She took great pleasure in dedicating her battles to Lolth, for each victory was a reminder to her people that she, Cedrayne, was special.

Then the priestesses of Lolth had a vision.  Cedrayne’s fate was decided without even consulting her!  She was to go forth into the world and do the work of the goddess.  This was why she had been born.  Cedrayne knew the truth, of course—the priestesses were jealous of her beauty, her skill, and feared her, so they sent her away.  

Cedrayne was anointed and given sufficient funds to arrange for transportation and lodgings, and sent on her merry way without further ado.  Cedrayne was paying attention to all those who smiled at her departure, making careful note for later.  For when she returns.  Cedrayne is special, after all, and woe to those who dare forget it.

Personality:

Cedrayne hates what she views as an unjust exile.  She’s used to living a pampered existence and being treated with deference and respect, but that doesn’t seem to happen much since she left home.  She’s generally gracious about the situation, realizing that she’ll need allies, but she keeps a mental tally of slights against her, real or imagined.  

She’s also confident to the point of arrogance, though not to the point of stupidity.  She’s smart enough to realize when she’s outmatched or cornered, and not so proud that she won’t admit if she is unable to do something—though she’s not likely to take kindly to any special attention drawn to that fact on the occasions it arises.

Edit: Divine, half-blood

Character Sheet

Ridley

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 16, 2010, 06:43:29 PM »

Also "drow = drow" does that mean they're just from like underground or something because I could totally see like some crazy japanese drow sword-chick.  Just saying.  I mean I guess if Devas are pan-asian that covers Japan too, and I'd totally need to rename her, but I don't know.  I don't even think I have a point here aside from just random crap thoughts...

Guild

• High-Bullshit
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 16, 2010, 10:32:40 PM »

doom i am doing this

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 16, 2010, 10:35:48 PM »

But I just filled up!  :nyoro~n:

I got two new dudes and I think a healthy 5-6 party will be reborn Friday. I'll keep you posted if I am sadly mistaken.

Guild

• High-Bullshit
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 17, 2010, 04:42:16 AM »

Cool! I'm quite available!

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 19, 2010, 08:47:10 PM »

Filled up again. I've got what looks like seven players that are solid now, but I dunno if I can extend to 8 for Guild.. I also don't know if next week won't be a repeat of the Mysterious Missing Players.. maybe gimme a ring and tell me what you think, Guild?

CuppaGodot

• Untested
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 26, 2010, 08:24:36 PM »

Twenty-three people died today because of a single girl.

They didn't expect it. No one ever does. The look on their faces when they realized just what was happening was always the best part. People -- what a waste of time. Cindy Manning discards the last of them as well as the name. No one will even know she was there.

She picks out a personality like she picks out shoes. She was getting bored of being the doormat, anyway. Her father will never even know where she went and her sister can't even see the truth in front of her face -- literally, she adds with a smile. Her father's investment in her only makes things harder on him.

Still, Dawn Kolde thinks as she starts a new life, what fun it all will be when they do catch up.

Personality:

At a surface level, Dawn is very cautious, a young girl out of her element just fighting for her basic survival on the streets. She is friendly, and as a matter of course tries to work out any disputes before they get out of hand.

This is all an elaborate lie. Dawn is a natural liar, able to foster trust with people with ease by use of her good looks and charm. She looks at people as a resource, becomingly only as fond of them as one would a favored hunting dog. She is, however, methodical and careful, never acting unless she is absolutely certain it is to her advantage.

Persona Background

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 27, 2010, 03:17:48 PM »

Viktor's Persona reflects a towering, too-tall and too-thin figure wearing a mask of an unflattering Dragon-born caricature.  It wears a formal but faded military uniform with tasseled cuffs and shoulders, obviously fake medals pinned to the chest, and alternates between squatting low to scan the scene and standing at attention, drifting from side to side. The right hand cradles a too-long Joker-style revolver and the left hand perpetually flips a coin.

Emperor
Large Outsider(Typeless)
Initiative +4         Senses Perception +5
HP 200 Bloodied 100 ; see also Split
AC 20 Fortitude 14 Reflex 14 Will 14
Immune Disease, Poison, Mind-Influencing, Polymorphing
Speed 6
Sweep (standard; at-will)
+6 vs AC, 1d6 damage

Roll a 1d2, 1 representing the front and 2 representing the back. Emperor opens fire on anyone in the respective areas, taking two shots per target without limit.

Alternatively, roll 1d4 for basic compass (N, S, E, W) or 1d8 for advanced compass.

Split(immediate interrupt)

As soon as Emperor is bloodied, he spawns the three forms below at any place of his choosing within Burst 10.

All debuffs or otherwise lasting effects are shed, including Mark-like effects.

Alignment Lawful Evil

As soon as Split is activated, the two split halves of the Emperor peel apart into two similar copies that fully embrace either the use of the Coin or the Revolvers. What splits them apart is a blue-black, astral copy of the Persona, clawed hands erupting from the chest and peeling the whole thing apart. They recover from there and the Sword of Intent carries a simple, straight beam of light that serves as a tiny, weak-willed sword.

Sword of Intent
Large Outsider(Typeless)
Initiative +8         Senses Perception +10
HP 200 Bloodied 100 ;see also Bow Down
AC 21 Fortitude 15 Reflex 15 Will 15
Speed 6
Machismo (Minor; At-Will)
The Sword of Intent makes a cocky, meaningless gesture and alters it's permanently buffed status. If debuffed, it may use this move to renew the buff.
Red - +2 attack, +4 damage
Green - May consume a Healing Surge
Yellow - +2 all Defenses

Weak Willed (Standard; At-Will)
+10 vs Will; 1d12+4 Force damage (crit 2d12+12)
The Sword of Intent lacks all subtlety and swordsmanship and simply attempts to beat it's raw authority and strength into the defender.

Bow Down (immediate interrupt)
If Bloodied, the Sword may become inactive and removed from interaction in the battle, waiting for Revolver and Coin to die.

The absence of Intent causes Revolver and Coin to suffer a -3 to all defenses.

Alignment Lawful Evil

The New Coin perpetually flips the same single coin, making a "call it" motion, catching it in the same hand, then staring intently into the covetously closed palm, as if privy to an amazing secret. It then sharply looks up at it's target and snaps it's fingers, causing some calamity to befall them.

If struck, it sharply rebukes the target for challenging it's authority.

Coin
Large Outsider(Typeless)
Initiative +4         Senses Perception +15
HP 100 Bloodied 50 ; see also Linked
AC 19 Fortitude 16 Reflex 16 Will 16
Speed 6
Magic (standard; at-will)
Attacks a random target it can see. By the meaningless gesture of flipping a coin, it interprets what befalls the target it stares at.

+5 against Reflex; 1d8+5 Fire, Ice, Lightning or Acid damage. (+1d6 on Crit)

Rebuke (immediate interrupt; once per round)
May be used when receiving damage from an outside source.
Deals 1d10 Fire Damage.

Linked (passive, see Sword of Intent)
If the Sword of Intent is cowed before Coin falls, Coin suffers -3 to all defenses for the rest of the encounter.

Alignment Lawful Evil

Far shadier, the New Revolver has adopted a pair of the sleek six-shooters and squats the entire time, looking about with killing intent and occasionally acting upon it.

Revolver
Large Outsider(Typeless)
Initiative +6         Senses Perception +8
HP Bloodied ; see also Linked
AC 20 Fortitude 14 Reflex 14 Linked 14
Speed 6
Open Fire! (standard; at-will)
Targets the nearest three creatures. Roll for random fire if more are too close to clearly designate. Opens fire without limit.
+4 vs AC x3 per target; 1d6 damage per hit

Empty Clips (standard; at-will)
Single Target.
+10 vs AC; 6#1d6 damage. 6#1d8 on crit.
After using Empty Clips, Revolver must reload and takes an additional 2 damage from all sources.

Linked (passive, see Sword of Intent)
If the Sword of Intent is cowed before Revolver falls, Revolver suffers -3 to all defenses for the rest of the encounter.

Alignment Lawful Evil

They should be destroyed as quickly as possible, as overly clever tactics are a bit wasted on their straight-forward approach and they're flat out immune to several other very clever things, such as Sleep or Blinding. They do respect rituals and superstition, such as a Cleric's Rune of Peace.

In general, none of the forms are particularly clever and seek to only slay those around them, moving at random, or perhaps "if they feel like it" with no regards to flanking or strategy. The Sword of Intent is the serious muscle, but Revolver and Coin can wreak havoc if unchecked for too long.. or if they get on a high rolling streak.

The encounter can be severely buffed by adhering to the HP totals or increasing them(I cut the fight off early at the Bloodied values) and messing with the damage values, which are intentionally low to represent a chance for multiple hits by low-danger projectiles. You can also remove the penalty debuffs given for certain moves, or for Sword of Intent falling early. They can also focus targets rather than indiscriminately flaunting their power and authority.

The encounter can be made easier by staggering the spawn of Sword of Intent, who is the most dangerous figure. Adjust the rate of the Split and perhaps force a phased fight against Coin and/or Revolver before the Spirit of Intent shows itself.

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 03, 2010, 02:30:27 PM »

A Favor For A Frog!

Not including the boring gametable nonsense so there may be a disconnect between the fight starting and the fight ending. Ettie vanishes so we all forget about her eviscerating a man.

Unintended Rescue! Saved From Cement Shoe Fitting!

Vanishing players cycled out, new players cycled in. Party dismantles a Mercenary outfit. Fighting without Game Table, oh my.

Boss Fights! Battle on the Big Walkway! A Towering Visage!

Party encounters a a vicious Dragon-born Gang and then a mysterioooous man. They fight Emperor.

Think I'm gonna stick with the method JD showed me of not chatting in Game Table ever. I will have to screen shot the maps and fight set-ups, I guess.

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 05, 2010, 08:44:46 PM »

Murderous Intentions! An Employer To Fear!?

How could an infernal agent produce a negative soul count?! Time for some detective work...

McDohl

• Pika-boo
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 20, 2010, 06:03:24 AM »

Guys, guys.  We should take it easy tonight.  I've got a date after we're done exploring LaRoux's secret dungeon!  :whoops:

Gorbash

• Untested
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 25, 2010, 08:36:01 AM »

I just remembered that I didn't mention I'm going to PAX East tomorrow. So I probably won't be there for the game unless I get worn out and head back to the hotel early. Sorry.

Edit: I might be in by around 10pm eastern, after the last panel I'm interested in finishes up.

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 09, 2010, 08:45:19 AM »

This game's dead. See you next mission.
Pages: 1 2 [3]