Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 40

Author Topic: Steam Deals  (Read 58639 times)

Burrito Al Pastor

• Galatea is mai waifu
  • Tested
    • View Profile
Re: Steam Deals
« Reply #160 on: November 21, 2010, 10:38:20 AM »

Let's see here... TOS has been updated, okay... and now I need to sign into my LIVE account again but over at the xbox site instead? ::(:

HEY GUYS, WE VALUE THE PC AS A PLATFORM JUST AS MUCH AS THE X-BOX

NO, REALLY
I'm a heartbreaker... My name... Charles.

McDohl

• Pika-boo
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: November 22, 2010, 05:47:46 PM »

Can't really think of a better place to put this, but Poker Night at the Inventory is pretty good.  A simple Texas Hold-Em simulator with some amazing table talk.  The personalities of each of the four opponents bounce off each other really well.

Who's won a character item so far?  I just snagged Max's pistol and badge.  Heavy had to ante up the new Minigun, but Max knocked him out.  I fear to think what he's going to do with that thing when he gets home...

François

• Huh.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: November 22, 2010, 07:22:45 PM »

I've seen all the items put up, but only won the lugermorph/badge and iron curtain. I also won enough to unlock two tables and a new deck, which is neat though far less noteworthy.

So yeah, it's a novelty poker game. Overall, I'd say some of the lines miss the mark, but I am getting my four forty-nine's worth of comedy, which is what I expected. Plus, depending on how you look at it, it's a spectacularly low price to pay to learn that I'm not a very good poker player.

I don't know if it's just random chance, but each character seems to have the appearance of a specific playing style. Max seems hard to pin down, erratic even (after getting knocked out myself I saw him fold on a straight after putting 10k in the pot); I want to say he has a tendency to bluff but maybe he's just a dumb. Strong Bad plays aggressively and I rarely see him fold. Tycho is very prudent and folds a lot; so far he's done the best out of everyone. Heavy... I don't know.

Regarding Tycho's voice, it works. I'd even say I like it. The guy's got a snarky edge, but relaxed and nonchalant still, and in a way it's a great contrast to the other characters. For my first win, the game ended in like a fifteen hand duel with Tycho and me, and I was like, "alright, the kids have left the table, now it's time for the adults to play". The d20 never makes sense though, it's just there.

All in all, no regrets here.

McDohl

• Pika-boo
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: November 22, 2010, 07:37:02 PM »

Well, I would expect a hyper-kinetic rabbity-thing to be erratic.

I love Tycho's M:TG references.  Drawing nine fuckin' mana in a row, indeed.

Protip: at least a few times, if you get knocked out early, stick around to watch the rest of the game.  It lets you see everyone's cards, World Poker Tournament style, so you can get a feel for how they play.

Bongo Bill

• Dinosaurcerer
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: November 22, 2010, 07:38:56 PM »

Heavy strikes me as a very conservative player.
...but is it art?

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: November 22, 2010, 08:04:16 PM »

The Player has two pair: queens, nines

Strong Bad has two pair: nines, fours

Strong Bad wins.

uhhhhhhhhh. I didn't expect much from this game but apparently it saw the bar I sat on the ground and dug a fucking hole under it.

Disposable Ninja

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: November 22, 2010, 08:06:09 PM »

um. Maybe those 4's were actually, like, fucked-up looking A's?

Brentai

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnXYVlPgX_o
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: November 22, 2010, 08:09:15 PM »

Sounds like it's

Sucker Night at The Inventory.

TA

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: November 22, 2010, 08:41:52 PM »

Yeah I saw that once.  It looked like Max had two pair and Heavy had 3 of a kind, yet Max took the pot.

How are the unlocked tables actually, uh, used?
Do you understand how terrifying the words “vibrating strap on” are for an asexual? That’s like saying “the holocaust” to a Jew.

Niku

• MEAT
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: November 22, 2010, 08:49:56 PM »

Hit escape to open the menu when in game, then tab over to unlocks.
i'm a blog now, blogs are cool: a fantastic machine made of meat

NexAdruin

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: November 22, 2010, 08:51:56 PM »

I have every special TF2 item, the Trogdor table, the Telltale Table, and the TF2 deck. I don't know how to tell the game which table/deck I want to play with, but it isn't important. So far I've not seen the game screw up with who wins, though I don't pay that close attention.

TA

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: November 22, 2010, 10:37:37 PM »

They really needed someone to proofread the subtitles.  Lots of typos, dropped words, and rephrases.
Do you understand how terrifying the words “vibrating strap on” are for an asexual? That’s like saying “the holocaust” to a Jew.

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: November 22, 2010, 11:16:17 PM »

It's a really good five dollar game. One retarded hand out of a hundred isn't so bad, and I appreciate that the AI doesn't blatantly cheat. I've won plenty of showdowns that come down to my Ace High vs a Jack High. Although the AI isn't good enough to suit it's behavior properly for 1v1 poker that can come down to all-in with your 2 cards down, deal 5 and see what happens, it's generally good enough for a casual game of cards. Which I really appreciate, as the chatter is entertaining enough, the visuals are pleasant and I secretly have the entire bloodline of a family of card sharks pumping through my veins.

I just sort of wish it was a ten dollar game and they had more game types, maybe some extra players.

Niku

• MEAT
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: November 23, 2010, 12:00:04 AM »

I on the other hand kinda hate playing poker, but I enjoy the banter and the silly items for that backpack management sim I have installed on my computers, and so it'll be worth my time until the dialogue grows stale and my backpack runneth over.
i'm a blog now, blogs are cool: a fantastic machine made of meat

Shinra

• Big Juicy Winners
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: November 23, 2010, 02:48:50 AM »

It's a really good five dollar game. One retarded hand out of a hundred isn't so bad, and I appreciate that the AI doesn't blatantly cheat. I've won plenty of showdowns that come down to my Ace High vs a Jack High. Although the AI isn't good enough to suit it's behavior properly for 1v1 poker that can come down to all-in with your 2 cards down, deal 5 and see what happens, it's generally good enough for a casual game of cards. Which I really appreciate, as the chatter is entertaining enough, the visuals are pleasant and I secretly have the entire bloodline of a family of card sharks pumping through my veins.

I just sort of wish it was a ten dollar game and they had more game types, maybe some extra players.

in every way this is how I feel about Poker Night.

is fun little game! i get gun for heavy, i get silly hats... is bonus.

François

• Huh.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: November 23, 2010, 03:58:31 PM »

omg

there's an automata table

[spoiler]it turns the view black and white[/spoiler]

this is the best game ever

NexAdruin

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: November 24, 2010, 05:54:38 PM »

Each day for the next few days, a special 30 people get the first five games on their steam wishlist for free. Also, you can rank games on your wishlist now. I just shoved the most expensive ones to the top, but you guys maybe have better plans.

PhoenixUltima

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: November 24, 2010, 06:00:37 PM »

So of course the steam store is slowed to a crawl because of everyone frantically running around building a wishlist. Which means I can't go build one right now. Goddamn.
The captain of the gravy train!

Brentai

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnXYVlPgX_o
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: November 24, 2010, 09:25:49 PM »

Make sure you have ten games on your list, not five.  That's a qualification that's kind of buried in the fine print.

Also you probably could have figured this one out, but they're not honoring package deals.

...I'm really having trouble coming up with five games I actually want off Steam.

Ziiro

• Inquiry?
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: November 24, 2010, 10:02:59 PM »

It's all about the Farm Simulator 2011, dawg.

farming simulator 2011 multiplayer combine
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 40