Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Mr. Needlemouse!  (Read 7926 times)

Mothra

• ┐('~`;)┌ w/e
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
Re: Mr. Needlemouse!
« Reply #100 on: October 18, 2010, 06:30:20 AM »

The Select Button folk really didn't seem to take to it, but I get the feeling that this is close enough to Sonic 2 that if you liked Sonic 2 and want more Sonic 2, Sonic 4 is your Sonic 2. Bear in mind that the SB crew are often v. grouchy.

I would also like to direct you all to the following post:

Quote from: Take It Sleazy
do you know why i want to get those optional sun emblems in unleashed, ben? because it's i like to play levels where i run fast and jump around. in unleashed, the SD version as you say, there are at least a dozen optional levels featuring running and jumping that are buried under the trash that is the game system. the thing is so poorly made that you can beat the game, watch the credits, and be done with it without even realizing that deep in the horrible game system are lots more actual fun non-werewolf levels. if i didn't just download a completed save for it, i would have had to play the horrible werewolf parts (YES I KNOW YOU THINK THEY ARE FUN I AM TELLING YOU WHAT YOU THINK YOU DO NOT HAVE TO REITERATE BY SAYING IT AGAIN) in order to unlock the fun part of the game. both versions of unleashed have the best 3D levels since sonic adventure 2 and they are hidden inside of a garbage dump

i bought a platformer to platform not to drown myself in the hellscape that is the idea notebook of some incompetent asshole who has to work out his personal life issues of being trapped working on sonic games

at this point even the head of sonic team, the drooling child who invented shadow the hedgehog wrote shadow the hedgehog and essentially constructed the nightmare carnival that is the 3D Sonic Universe from the ground up has basically said out loud in interviews regarding sonic colors and sonic 4 "we had way too much shit. that shit was crazy. we know you just want to play sonic."

it's you ben. you are responsible for the downfall of sonic. not naoto ohshima leaving. it's you playing team chaotix and thinking that it is a fucking blast to collect ten hermit crabs. it's you thinking that it's okay to spend a novels length exploring the personal angst of a goddamn racoon

it's me ben. it's all my fault buying sonic 4 and sonic unleashed. i am a rube and a manchild and a junkie desperate to get a hit of something i half remember. only the horrors of sonic 2006 have stayed my hand so far. i bought shadow the hedgehog used because i had to play it but i didn't want to give them money for it.

we are literally worthless human beings ben. let's stop it. let's never have had this conversation. let's build an actual time machine and go back to the '90s (although i guess a ridiculous person like you would call 1990 the '80s) and stop sonic from ever existing. let's destroy him and be free. let's be men instead of arguing about whether part a or b of a toy for children and furries is the best

let us bathe in the ashes of the cleansing fire that was sonic the hedgehog

When Take It Sleazy comes up in the context of Sonic, I have to wonder why his video hasn't been linked.

Oh no way

Take It Sleazy is responsible for this?!

Yeah.

Fantastic, fantastic.

Thad

• Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • corporate-sellout.com
« Reply #101 on: October 18, 2010, 05:29:51 PM »

...you know, on the one hand, I was thinking "This isn't very useful advice."

But then I realized, shit, I've never finished Sonic CD.

So that pretty much makes my buying decision for me.

Nerd

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 18, 2010, 07:12:36 PM »

So I played through the first 3 acts and was ready to declare that this game was alright despite Sonic's sluggish starting speed, but then, uh...

Sonic 4 Chorale

(Cue the accompanying Sonic goes for a walk vid)

On the other hand, it's not like the Genesis titles didn't have wacky glitches either.

Koah

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 18, 2010, 08:29:43 PM »

Serves them right for hiring the Cannon Travel Brothers to design their protagonist-propelling artillery.

Bongo Bill

• Dinosaurcerer
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 18, 2010, 08:43:09 PM »

(Cue the accompanying Sonic goes for a walk vid)
Sonic Goes For A Walk
...but is it art?

Brentai

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnXYVlPgX_o
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: October 18, 2010, 11:17:20 PM »

Played demo.

Tempted to go make better 2D Sonic game.

Thad

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • corporate-sellout.com
« Reply #106 on: October 19, 2010, 07:46:19 PM »

Better yet, don't actually use Sonic.  Worked in all our fanfics when we were kids, right?  That way you can sell it.

Brentai

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 19, 2010, 08:50:43 PM »

Better yet, don't actually use Sonic.  Worked in all our fanfics when we were kids, right?

Not... exactly.

Brentai

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 19, 2010, 11:25:34 PM »

<Brentai>   Okay so you know how Sonic's got all the classic poses except he's a 3D model and everything's fully animatronic now, right?
<Brentai>   And you know how he kind of sticks his head between his legs when you duck.
<Romosome>   oh
<Romosome>   no

Cthulhu-chan

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 20, 2010, 02:14:28 AM »

This is called stop thinking about this.

Forever.

Mothra

• ┐('~`;)┌ w/e
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile

Thad

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • corporate-sellout.com
« Reply #111 on: October 22, 2010, 04:30:03 PM »

Background's a bit busy, but those are a couple pretty decent remixes of the tunes.

Enemy placement seemed off, but I usually take a different route through the level.

Besides the graphical update, the team has added things that the original game never had, like weather effects and nighttime levels

...there is an entire zone that has "night" in the name.

Brentai

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 23, 2010, 12:17:19 AM »

It certainly looks nice but Sonic 2 is really, really far down my list of games that would actually benefit from a remake.  Oh well.

Thad

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • corporate-sellout.com
« Reply #113 on: October 23, 2010, 04:32:19 PM »

Yeah -- but if they share the engine, it could have a hell of a lot of potential beyond "remake".

Shinra

• Big Juicy Winners
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 09, 2010, 07:22:53 PM »

The PAL version of Sonic Colors has been leaked to the internet. We soft-modded our Wii just to see how it is - I think it's safe to say at this point that the Sonic cycle has been broken. Some of the best level design since Sonic CD, music's great (With very few vocal tracks, thank god) and the gameplay is really solid. I just wish they had decided to skip the script. Every time there's a cut scene I feel like throwing my wiimote through the TV. The wisps aren't as bad as Sonic's stupid animal friends, but the dialog from both Sonic and Tails is fucking cringeworthy.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]