Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Lottel's 4e (Zelda?) Fucksplosion  (Read 6618 times)

Lottel

• You know that's right
  • Tested
    • View Profile
Lottel's 4e (Zelda?) Fucksplosion
« on: February 15, 2010, 08:42:21 PM »

Let's clean this up a bit:

Times to play-
M-All day
W-11-4
F-10-3
S-10-3
TIME IS CENTRAL
Let me know which time is best.
I would like a Saturday game, honestly, but if it calls for it I can switch to the other times

Game is 4e DnD.

Aintaer

• My hubris!
  • Tested
    • View Profile
Re: Lottel's 4e Fucksplosion
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2010, 09:18:29 PM »

Time ZONES???

Lottel

• You know that's right
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2010, 09:22:27 PM »

CENTRAL. Sorry! Edited post!

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2010, 09:32:46 PM »

Maybe.

Frocto

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2010, 04:25:59 AM »

300pm is pretty late dogg
"And it is because they have fallen prey to a weakened, feminized version of Christianity that is only about softer virtues such as compassion and not in any part about the muscular Christian virtues of individual responsibility and accountability."

Lottel

• You know that's right
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2010, 11:09:01 AM »

I have two games in mind. If you join, let me know which you want.
I have a classic 4e game with a decent story already and raring to go.
OOOOOOOOOOOOR
I have a Zelda 4e game. I have the races already made and just need to throw together a quick story. I've got Deku, Zora, and Goron on top of the other races.

Bongo Bill

• Dinosaurcerer
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2010, 11:20:52 AM »

I want to do the Zelda one. I can't do Saturdays. Mondays would be best.
...but is it art?

Meikai

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2010, 11:27:00 AM »

I am a MONDAY PLAYER, as that is pretty much the only daytime slot where I am nearly guaranteed to not be at work.  I want a Zelder game so I can draw/play some horrible zora slut.

SoundWave

• Untested
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2010, 12:12:21 PM »

Allright mate. I'm in!

JDigital

• Tested
    • View Profile
Re: Lottel's 4e (Zelda?) Fucksplosion
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2010, 01:27:22 PM »

I'm good 6am-4pm Central any day, except 7am-11am Sundays when I run my own game. Any of your times are good for me. I would like the opportunity to play a 4E game (I've only DMed 4E so far).

Lottel

• You know that's right
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2010, 01:32:06 PM »

More than welcome to have you!
That makes... 4!
5 if Doom says definitely.

Maybe one more to join?

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2010, 02:31:37 PM »

Eh I drop.

Dogstar

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2010, 06:02:37 PM »

I'd like to join and I might have a non-Bronto friend who's been looking for a 4E game. Monday would be good - is there an exact time when?

JDigital

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2010, 06:16:47 PM »

A few people contacted me on IRC to join my game, which is full, so they might be up for joining your game. Ask Parak, Joxam, and Malikial if you need players.

Lottel

• You know that's right
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2010, 07:14:53 PM »

The more the merrier.
I can run more than one game if that is what is needed!

And whatever is convenient for you guy between the set times, Dogstar

Lottel

• You know that's right
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2010, 10:03:33 PM »

Alrighty! Here are the custom races I have for you. I tried to keep them as close to the other races in terms of writing and amount/type of abilities. I also made them reflect the games as well as fit in the 4e universe, so the flavor text might be a bit odd.

Race: Deku Scrub
Magical protectors of nature, quiet and nimble

Traits:
   Average Height: 2'2"-3'0"
   Average Weight:15-30 lbs

Ability Scores: +2 Wis, +2 Dex
Size: Small
Speed: 5
Vision: Normal

Languages: Common, One Bestial Language (Feline, Canine, Ursine, etc)
Skill Bonuses: +2 nature, +2 stealth
Light: You can cast Spirit Skip and Feather Fall on yourself as an ecounter power
Spit: You gain Spit racial power
Scrub Resistance: +5 saving throws against poison
Light Weight: When pushed/pulled/slid, you move an extra 2 squares
Druidic Calling: You gain "Twisting Vines" as a daily power. If you are a druid, you gain an additional ecounter power instead.

Spirit Skip - Ecounter - Move Action
 "You twist, spin, and skip ignoring the ground"
   Once per ecounter, you can move five squares over land or water while ignoring difficult    terrain. If you end in a square filled with water, you fall in as normal.

Spit -Ranged 5/10 - Special
 "You lean back and ready a more natural attack."
   When you create your Deku Scrub, choose Poison spit or Stun spit.
   Poison- At-will- Standard Action-
      "Purple blob of stick spit attaches itself to your target"
      1d6 poison damage and the target takes ongoing 1d4 poison damage.
   Stun -Ecounter- Standard Action-
      "You spit a large seed at just the right place"
      1d10 damage and the target is stunned until your next turn or until the target is hit by another attack.

Created long ago by a powerful druid, the Scrub races spread across the world to protect the natural at all cost. Agile and magical, they use what they can to aid them in the fight to guard their beloved homes.

Dekus tend to favor the druid, ranger, and rogue classes.

Physical Qualities

Deku Scrubs average 2'6" and are very light. Their ancestors were wooden puppets brought to life and they still share many traits with puppets. They are hollow and filled with pure magical power. Their skin is a magical form of wood and varies in color and texture as much as wood does. Their hair is often green or yellow, though hair the color of autumn leaves is also common. One third of their height is their large, round head which sports a large, tube-like snout. Eye colors are typically gold, red, white, and sometimes purple. Their clothing tends to be simple with patterns of leaves stitched in. They prefer colors that remind them of their forest home. Their voices are reedy and nasally.
Deku Scrubs reach physical maturity at roughly 15 years of age and age slowly and remain active well to 150.

Playing a Deku Scrub

Born of the trees, Deku Scrubs tend to stay close to forests if they can. They favor working outside and being alone in nature to loud streets and the company of others.
Few Deku Scrubs end up as adventurers. Most decide to stay and protect their home from unwanted intruders. Some, however, choose to leave. Whether this is to stop some possible threat to nature or because they got a rare bit of adventure in them and decided to try life in the world outside their small communities.
Deku Scrubs tend to forego worshipping gods and tend to worship nature itself. Those who do find gods often worship Melora, though Pelor, Sehanine, and Corellon are found as well depending on the personal tastes of the Scrub.
Deku Scrubs are often quiet and stay hidden, their clothing and natural camoflauge allowt them to easily hide in the trees. They tend to observe first, then come up with a plan, often using coordinated attacks at weak points. Deku Scrubs only harm sentient creatures if need be and try to persuade the other creatures to live peacefully. Scrubs only eat small vegetation and usually only drink clean water.

Deku Scrub Characteristics

Light, agile, shy, cautious, observant

Deku Scrub Names

Male- Plon, Deesk, Fleen, Neef, Tonn
Female- Tiplan, Flin, Tiff, Pas
Some Deku Scrubs are named twice. Both names are the same and are separated by hyphens.
Examples: Tliff-Tliff, Neesk-Neesk, Tinn-Tinn

Race:  Zora
Aquatic Warriors, Swift and Proud

Traits:
   Average Height: 5’8”-6’4”
   Average Weight:140-160 lbs

Ability Scores: +2 Int, +2 Dex
Size: Medium
Speed: 6
Vision: Normal, Underwater

Languages: Common, Aquan
Skill Bonuses: +2 History, +2 Acrobatics
Swim: Zora can swim at a Speed of 8
Fins: The fins on your arms are Natural Weapons (Deal 1d6 damage)
Gills: Zora can breath on land and in water.
Slippery: Zora gain a +2 bonus to Escape Rolls

A proud race of quiet warriors, the Zora value honor and practice over material matters.

Zora tend to favor the swordmage, fighter, and monk classes.

Physical Qualities

The Zora are pale to the point of almost being translucent. Most are white with spots and ornate patterns, much like fish.  They are tall and humanoid with a large long head which ends in something resembling a sharks fin. Their limbs are long and their torso small. Upon their arms and legs are fins that are razor sharp and are used as weapons. The whites of Zora’s eyes are black or blue with no pupil.  Zora clothing tends to be blue or a sea green and is very ornate. They often have many different outfits, including several pieces of special armor for ceremonies. Silver and similar colored metals are favored over gold. Same goes for diamonds over other jewelry.
Zora tend to live as long as humans, though they can live up to 150 if the water they live in is cool and clean.

Playing a Zora

Born of water, Zoras tend to stay close to bodies of water if they can although the can live comfortably on land. They have a subtle grace when they move on land, a carryover from their aquatic heritage. As children Zora attend lots of schooling in ways of history and war. They tend to view fighting as an art form and one that you follow strict rules. They follow a strong code of honor and respect for warriors. This often leads to conflict with other races as their way of life can often directly clash with the rules and laws of the others.
Though Zora often live in underwater caves, the caves are typically near the shoreline as the Zora tend to farm a lot of food to supplement their diet of seafood.  This is how many Zora come to meet other races. In fact, some Zora end up residing entirely on land, in little houses by the beaches and a few even live in towns and cities on land.
Zora often worship Bahumut, Ioun, Correlon, and Erathis as side deities, while they focus on Mellora.
Zora are often fishermen and farmers although they do offer their services as hired sailors to other races. Their affinity with water makes them perfect boaters as they have a special knowledge that lets them know how to spot oncoming storms and rough water earlier than most others.
In battle as well as life Zora follow strict rules of conduct, not fighting unless honor dictates the need and not fighting for personal glory. They are a cool race that thinks logically and clearly before they attack precisely and deadly.  

Zora Characteristics

Noble, fierce, serious, collected

Zora Names

Male- Zorendo, Remor, Yylor
Female- Zuko, Ruzu, Phii,

Race:  Goron
Calm Builders of the Mountains

Traits:
   Average Height: 5’0”-5’8”
   Average Weight 300-400 lbs

Ability Scores: +2 Str, +2 Con
Size: Medium
Speed: 5
Vision: Normal

Languages: Common, Dwarven
Skill Bonuses: +2 Dungeoneering, +2 Athletics
Roll: Gorons can charge at a speed of 7 and do not take Attacks of Opportunity while doing so
Rock Skin: Gain Toughness and Resist Fire +2
Goron Digestion: Gorons can eat rocks with no ill effect and have resist Poison +3
Brewer: Gain Alchemist feat

A calm race that relies on their tough skin wearing their opponents out. Often forgo fighting and curl into a ball.

Gorons tend to favor the Artificer, Fighter, and Warden classes.

(Uh-oh! Missing some Goron Info. Pretend I wrote something here)

Now remember you can choose either one of these three or any of the other races.
Still would prefer you didn't go the Evil route, seeing as you will be fighting evil.
Idea is a mix between OOT/MM and the sailing games. So if you came from another land or something that is fine. Gorons tend to live on Mountainy islands and only a few live on the mainland and Zoras live in tropical islands and rarely live on the main island. Dekus are everywhere. There are several races. The playable race is different than the monster race though, so keep that in mind.

Bongo Bill

• Dinosaurcerer
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2010, 10:52:04 PM »

I'm so rolling a Goron, whether or not I get to punch things.

A bard would be appropriate for someone, given that music is always big in Zelda.
...but is it art?

Lottel

• You know that's right
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2010, 10:56:55 PM »

GOD DAMMIT IT BONGO
YOU ARE NOW THE BEST
STOP BEING THE BEST

Bongo Bill

• Dinosaurcerer
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2010, 11:03:20 PM »

Ho shit, the character builder supports custom races (click the little homebrew icon on top of the menu) and it has monks in it. That's crazy! I'm a Goron Monk. I punch things. One of you other guys can be the defender. No I'm not, I don't know shit about being a monk and I don't have the PHB3 to refer to. Flavor is one thing but having no rules at all just won't fly. I'll be a fighter because that will emphasize being hit a lot.
...but is it art?

Joxam

• The Transformizzle
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Shadowrun
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2010, 11:47:34 PM »

Sure why not. A game during the day has been a hope of mine for a while now!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4