Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Portal 2  (Read 3972 times)

jsnlxndrlv

• Custom Title
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Website title
Re: Portal 2
« Reply #60 on: June 29, 2010, 04:15:40 PM »

I'd be pretty excited if the release of Portal 2 coincided with the release of The Blue Box.
Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

Royal☭

• Supreme Court Judge President
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 29, 2010, 05:29:32 PM »

Portal 2 release to get tiny, obscure Half-Life 2: Episode 3 as pack-in!

Bal

• Cheerful in the face of nuclear armageddon
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 29, 2010, 05:52:08 PM »

Alyx is probably the most emotive character they've ever made, but that little ball is funny, so it's more obvious.

Niku

• MEAT
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 29, 2010, 07:41:01 PM »

I can't wait for Portal 2 to not be funny long before I play it, personally.

.. which is why I am going to abstain from watching this shit so I won't know immediately when people are referencing.
i'm a blog now, blogs are cool: a fantastic machine made of meat

Disposable Ninja

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 29, 2010, 08:08:36 PM »

You monster.

Disposable Ninja

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 30, 2010, 09:25:48 PM »

ANYWAY even if you're trying to avoid Portal 2 stuff you're still going to have to watch some of these videos, at least a few seconds in to see the Aperture Science corporate promos. The one for the Pneumatic Diversity Vent here makes me laugh every time I watch it.

Niku

• MEAT
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 30, 2010, 10:46:31 PM »

ANYWAY even if you're trying to avoid Portal 2 stuff you're still going to have to watch some of these videos

Nope.
i'm a blog now, blogs are cool: a fantastic machine made of meat

jsnlxndrlv

• Custom Title
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Website title
« Reply #67 on: June 30, 2010, 11:52:13 PM »

ANYWAY even if you're trying to avoid Portal 2 stuff you're still going to have to watch some of these videos

Nope.

This is the smart path. One of the amazing, excellent things about Portal in the first place was how it turned out that the original teaser gave you the basic idea for what kind of stuff you'd do in the game and a notion of the aesthetic, but enough stuff would change between the teaser and the final game that the experience is still fresh. GLaDOS's lines in the new game are already feeling kind of overplayed. I wish they'd been more subdued with their marketing.
Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

Disposable Ninja

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 24, 2010, 12:20:45 PM »

They changed Wheatley's voice, which is endlessly disappointing. The original voice was apparently one of Valve's animators, a dude named Richard Lord, and he was adorable. They got Stephen Merchant as the replacement (or, placement, seeing as how Lord's voice was merely a placeholder) voice, and it loses that immediate charm.

Detonator

• You made me come back for THIS?
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 24, 2010, 04:13:13 PM »

They changed Wheatley's voice, which is endlessly disappointing. The original voice was apparently one of Valve's animators, a dude named Richard Lord, and he was adorable. They got Stephen Merchant as the replacement (or, placement, seeing as how Lord's voice was merely a placeholder) voice, and it loses that immediate charm.

I listened to the new voice, and I honestly think people are making a fuss for no good reason.  I mean, it's not like they released the game with one voice then changed it in the next game, it was just a trailer.  And the voices aren't that fucking different, people just want an excuse to be upset about something.
"Imagine punching somebody so hard that they turned into a door. Then you found out that's where ALL doors come from, and you got initiated into a murder club that makes doors. The stronger you punch, the better the door. So there are like super strong murderers who punch people into Venetian doors and shit"

Crouton

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 24, 2010, 05:10:00 PM »

I'm guessing people were hyped because Lord sounded like Yahtzee (folks were bugging Yahtzee about whether or not it was actually him for a while), and are bummed now because Merchant sounds like Edgar Wright?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]