Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Poll

The absolute most infuriating thing on the road is...

The guy who won't pass anybody in the passing lane.
- 11 (12.1%)
The tailgater.
- 10 (11%)
Speeders.
- 2 (2.2%)
Old people who think the speed limit is half what's posted.
- 8 (8.8%)
Gigantic White Pickup Truck Driver
- 8 (8.8%)
The Geo Metro.
- 1 (1.1%)
9.3 years of construction THAT NEVER GETS WORKED ON.
- 14 (15.4%)
Stop signs.
- 0 (0%)
People who ignore stop signs.
- 8 (8.8%)
THE FUZZ
- 5 (5.5%)
Phone/food/makeup users.
- 13 (14.3%)
Road-ragers.
- 7 (7.7%)
Anybody who passes me.
- 4 (4.4%)

Total Members Voted: 48

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 16

Author Topic: Driving Can Be Frustrating  (Read 31709 times)

MadMAxJr

• Tested
    • View Profile
    • RPG Q&A
Re: Driving can be frustrating.
« Reply #80 on: August 07, 2008, 07:19:05 AM »

Mysterious slowdowns where there should be none.  In Kansas City, there is a stretch of I-435 just south of the I-70 junction.  I-70 westbound is closed currently.  I need to go on I-70 east.  About a half mile before the exit there is a slow bend in the road where everybody mysteriously drops to 30mph, and then rockets away afterward.  All there is at this point is a warning sign that the exit to I-70 west is closed...  I cannot think of a reason why this occurs.  Traffic appears to be evenly distributed across all lanes, and yet everbody is SUPRISE PANIC slam on brakes when the traffic ahead begins sliding down to 30ish, and then rockets off once they get around the corner.
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt." - Bertrand Russell

Got questions about RPGs?

Büge

• won't give you fleaz
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 07, 2008, 08:26:41 AM »

When traveling northeast from Toronto, there's a spot that slows down everything on the highway. It starts a bit after you exit the city proper and ends after Ajax.

:mystery: Iron_Mongrel, any insight?

MadMAxJr

• Tested
    • View Profile
    • RPG Q&A
« Reply #82 on: August 07, 2008, 08:44:50 AM »

Also fun on the roads, when I was driving up into Kelowna (That's in British Columbia), I was coming up from the states on route 33.  That road winds around mountain sides and dense woods.  And it has some seriously tight curves right before you get into the east side of Kelowna.  And the native Canadians driving behind me seem a little upset that I cant drive at breakneck speeds on their little tiny roads that are designed to make me shoot off the side of a mountain to my action-movie style explosion at the bottom.
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt." - Bertrand Russell

Got questions about RPGs?

Arc

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 07, 2008, 03:33:14 PM »

Annnnd I've just been cited only 18 hours after the last ticket.

This is becoming comical.

::(: So why am I not laughing?

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 10, 2008, 01:54:17 PM »

Traffic Jam on a three-lane highway with multiple merges and maybe one good exit(at least, en route from my work to my exit.) Everything was mellow enough until I got a mile away from my exit.. the last merge.

Notables!

1) Let a guy in front of me who had a penchant for waiting until at least three car lengths became available in front of him to accelerate. This made him a nice target for my profanity on that last merge. He also opened his door frequently to vomit?!

2) My last and greatest hurdle from the merge lane was a guy with a boat. Who drove along the shoulder for a quarter of a mile, determined to intimidate me into letting him in.

:wat: YOU CAN'T INTIMIDATE A YOUTH IN A BEATER, YOU OLD FOOL!

3) On the last half-mile stretch, when the final merge lane ends, you can ride the shoulder straight to my exit. I attempted to do this to be met with ANOTHER TRAFFIC JAM, like a fucking branch on a tree, growing steadily in the shoulder. The culprit?

A SELF-APPOINTED TRAFFIC COP! That's right. Some jackass, complete with dick-enhancement truck, wasn't gonna let us shoulder guys get AHEAD OF HIM! We'd already.. basically broken the law and were asking for it, and he was there to make sure we got it! Even if this was our exit! He knew better!

4) Defeating 3 by dipping onto the grass(no fences or rails! Hah!) and driving around not only dipshit-in-black-truck, but co-dip-shit-in-white-truck. I cheered wildly as I finally got on my damn exit, but not before...

5) Having to drive around the stupidest looking teenager I've ever seen. He was one of those emergency crew guys who doesn't have any actual authority outside of hoping everybody will get out of his way so he can help some motorcyclists who've dropped their luggage or something. When he sees the six or so cars that are using the shoulder to reach their exit, he gets the most indignant look on his face and starts jerking his hand around to try and direct us.

It was all the funnier that he had a fucking Geothermal-afro and looked like he was 16. Nice try, retard!

So yeah I was probably in the wrong compared to my many foes but after two hours you do what you've gotta.

Also my car battery began dying again at the mile mark so I had to sit through all of this with no heat, music, or even the ability to lower my windows(ten minute passing rain!) so I became pretty delirious during that last mile. But hey, I got to my exit in time to actually accelerate on the way home, so all is well!

Saturn

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 11, 2008, 02:31:16 PM »

I swear to god that I will flatten the next Hipster on a Fixie bike that ignores a stopsign while i am in the middle of the fucking intersection.

GET SOME BRAKES YOU FUCKSTICKS

Mongrel

• Emoticon Knight-Errant
  • kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 11, 2008, 03:33:47 PM »

Oh man do I hate those stupid pretentious brakeless bikes.

Idiots who think they're too badass for some fucking brakes should be run over. Yes, this includes my longtime hipster friend.

Saturn

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 11, 2008, 03:50:10 PM »

I dont even understand WHY YOU'D WANT A BIKE WITH 1 GEAR AND NO BRAKES.

Mongrel

• Emoticon Knight-Errant
  • kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 11, 2008, 04:34:38 PM »

Oh well, that's because BRAKES WEIGH TOO MUCH.

:scanners:

Fredward

• a romantic soul
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 11, 2008, 07:04:26 PM »

what

what

Is that even LEGAL?
Quote from: Brentai
It's never easy to tell just where the line is between physical malady and the general crushing horror of life itself.

Mongrel

• Emoticon Knight-Errant
  • kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: August 12, 2008, 04:19:59 AM »

I love how the backs of their calves and ankles are always chopped to shit from trying to stop in a hurry (for the uninitiated, this is because of the fixed pedals continuing to swing around).

I love when people dismiss simple mechanical and technological achievments with unquestioned benefits, such as say... freewheeling gear spindles, or brakes because they're too cool for that shit. THROWING OUT THE LEVER OR THE INCLINED PLANE, DOES NOT MAKE YOU A GENIUS COOL INNOVATOR, FUCKSTICKS.

These people should be made to ride von Dreis wooden proto-bicycles. Or just be made to FLASH FORWARD TO THE ULTIMATE FUTURE WHERE YOU WALK EVERYWHERE. ON ALL FOURS.

Büge

• won't give you fleaz
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 12, 2008, 08:33:37 AM »

Royal☭

• Supreme Court Judge President
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 12, 2008, 10:41:23 AM »

That's it, I'm hitting the streets on a penny-farthing.  Haters can line up now to get shown how a real man rides a bike.

Thad

• Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • corporate-sellout.com
« Reply #93 on: August 12, 2008, 05:08:45 PM »

Took car in today for oil change and alignment check.  They told me the alignment is off because I need 4 new tires.

Best week ever!

SCD

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 12, 2008, 08:14:57 PM »

Driving a chevy silverado into ares which are normally dedicated to tracked vehicles. 

sandy

deep

and now with rain,

:facepalm:

Büge

• won't give you fleaz
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 13, 2008, 12:49:14 PM »

LIKE A ROCK
STANDIN' ARROW STRAIGHT
LIKE A ROCK
CHARGIN' FROM THE GATE
LIKE A ROCK
CARRYIN' THE WEIGHT
LIKE A ROCK

WHOOOA LIKE A ROCK

François

• Huh.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 25, 2008, 03:51:18 PM »

I went to a friend's wedding this weekend. It was in this little village out in the boonies I had never been to (different boonies than when I last told a similar story), about 45 minutes away. I got there, no problem, no time wasted, didn't get lost, etc. I figured the way back would be as easy.

WRONG

Why? Because the sun set. And when night falls, who comes out?

THE MIDNIGHT RETARD PATROL

AGAIN

HIGH BEAMS IN MY REAR VIEW MIRROR

HIGH BEAMS ON THE COUNTRY ROADS

HIGH BEAMS ON THE HIGHWAY

HIGH BEAMS IN THE STREETS

THE FUCKER ALMOST FOLLOWED ME HOME

:angry: :angry: :angry: :fukit:

The Artist Formerly Known As Yoji

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 25, 2008, 04:34:51 PM »

Yoji: Okay, nobody in the back of the bus. Time to get cozy and draw some smut :3c
6 kids who can't be older than 12: LET'S ALL SIT IN THE BACK, MOM!!

And now I'm left with no room and a six-year-old kid begging me to let him play Advance Wars
:disapprove:

Friday

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 29, 2008, 09:48:53 PM »

I am not usually one to bitch about driving shit.

However.

When there are two turning lanes, regardless of whether they are right hand turn lanes or left hand turn lanes, when you turn, please.

Please.

Turn into your own lane.

Do people not know how to do this?

I've lost count of the number of times I've seen people in the far lane turn into the close lane and people in the close lane turn into the far lane.

With other cars in the lane, turning properly.

So far, I've managed to avoid people hitting me by breaking or pushing the fucking accelerator to the floor and zooming ahead.

Seriously. What the fuck part of "if I change lanes in the middle of a turn with a car in the other lane right fucking next to me I will hit the other car" do people fail to understand?

Is it the part where I beat the living shit out of you for not knowing how to live in a manner that does not actively endanger the lives of those around you? Cause I can understand how you wouldn't get why I was doing that.

Cthulhu-chan

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 30, 2008, 05:16:43 AM »

I always fear this happening, but I've yet to see it.

Score one for Phoenix!   
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 16