Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 49

Author Topic: Adventures in Slumberland  (Read 70341 times)

MadMAxJr

• Tested
    • View Profile
    • RPG Q&A
Re: Adventures in Slumberland
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2008, 10:32:40 AM »

Achievements?  In your dreams?

10p - Childhood nightmare returns! - Wake up at 3am terrified of something you last thought of when you were 12.

100p - HA HA! - Promptly kill the childhood nightmare in your following night dream.
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt." - Bertrand Russell

Got questions about RPGs?

Brentai

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnXYVlPgX_o
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2008, 10:57:11 AM »

100p - Successfully stave off an uncomfortably homoerotic scenario by getting Sarah Michelle Gellar to appear.

(Thanks for giving me an excuse not to revive the Slumberland topic!)

Arc

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2008, 03:55:08 PM »

YOU CANNOT REVIVE WHAT ISN'T DEAD.

Or was it you cannot kill what is already dead. Or undead. Or you cannot... Revive... The undead...

:confused:

Brentai

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2008, 03:55:58 PM »

Sounds like vampire talk to me.

Detonator

• You made me come back for THIS?
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2008, 04:13:50 PM »

I dreamt they released Freakazoid! on DVD.

Wait... that was no dream!

Except in my dream there were 104 episodes in a single boxed set.  Can't win em all.
"Imagine punching somebody so hard that they turned into a door. Then you found out that's where ALL doors come from, and you got initiated into a murder club that makes doors. The stronger you punch, the better the door. So there are like super strong murderers who punch people into Venetian doors and shit"

Burrito Al Pastor

• Galatea is mai waifu
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2008, 05:28:20 PM »

Last night I was feeling really tired, so I went to bed several hours early and slept in.

I also had a very long, unusually elaborate, moderately  dream which I remembered really well.

Major elements included flooding, the house I used to live in, and a delightful lady who I haven't seen in years but still hold feelings for.

(For the record, I've never been in a flood.)

Freaking onieromancy, man.
I'm a heartbreaker... My name... Charles.

Alex

• the Slug
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2008, 06:01:07 AM »

Most of my dreams involve zombies for reason reason.  I don't know how it works but there's like a 95% chance that I was have a nightmare about being assaulted, eaten or otherwise in need of a restraining order against the undead.

The other 5% is me dying at the end somehow.  :sadpanda: My psyche sucks.  I want to dream about hot chicks, fast cars and as much fried chicken as I can eat.

Royal☭

• Supreme Court Judge President
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2008, 08:47:01 AM »

I had a dream the other night that kind of scared the crap out of me.  I was with some people at an abandoned building, and we were the last people on Earth.  Everyone was being stalked by these weird creatures that could hide in the shadows, and looked like man and praying mantis combined.  The weird about the dream was that it was like a movie trailer, but it through around swear words.  Like "Humanities last survivors... ARE FUCKING SCREWED", but it was still terrifying.

Brentai

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2008, 10:14:02 AM »

The weird about the dream was that it was like a movie trailer, but it through around swear words.  Like "Humanities last survivors... ARE FUCKING SCREWED", but it was still terrifying.

REPENT
THE END IS
EXTREMELY
FUCKING
NIGH

François

• Huh.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 22, 2008, 07:18:21 PM »

I had a roughly thirty second dream just before waking up it morning. It consisted entirely of a static computer printout of a letter that said I had a pulmonary embolism just waiting to happen and that I could die any second.

I briefly considered going to a doctor, but then I figured dream self-diagnosis doesn't fly too well with the medical profession. Still, if I suddenly disappear, don't ask yourselves too many questions.

Beat Bandit

• be entranced by my sexy rhythm
  • High-Bullshit
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 22, 2008, 07:24:24 PM »

Who're you?

Royal☭

• Supreme Court Judge President
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2008, 07:26:19 AM »

My dream last night was preaching to me about pollution for some reason.  It was like a goddamn TV special or something.  Apparently the job I was working at had a big machine that just wasted gas and was pumping lots of smog and gas into the air.  Some disembodied voice was telling me about how I was to blame to for using the machine all the time and creating lots of pollution.

But I told the voice "I don't use it all the time, my co-workers do!" and that's when a big hand slapped me and the voice called me a retarded punk.  "Don't you see?  You don't encourage your co-workers to stop using the machine!  Everytime any of you uses the machine, you're all responsible for not stopping its use!  You're horrible people for all this pollution."  Then the voice just seemed to give up on me and left.

Arc

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 29, 2008, 07:21:32 AM »

Was in the role of Jakes Blues, before hitting the slammer for the first time.

Elwood was at the wheel, and we busted into the homes of farmers, tied them up, and then presented a small concert & stand-up routine for them in their living rooms.

Elwood crashed into a night club, and I took the fall for him.

Tom Selleck was the owner of the night club, and was none too pleased.

Was sent to Prison Camp (?), where Wonder Woman & Superman were also being held, both forced to eat mind altering Prison Camp food. Turns out I was Batman (after watching that MKvsDC video last night), and grappled my way out of a mutant worm.

The End.

Brentai

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 29, 2008, 07:34:41 AM »

I had rescued the Princess, defeated Ganon, etc. etc. etc., and now I get to marry her.

But first I had to meet her father, who was less the beard, robe and crown type of king and more the modern bad hair and business suit type of king.  Also, he was John Cleese.

Before we left to go back to her mother's castle to spend the night, King Cleese took me aside, grasped me by the shoulders, looked me in the eye and said:

"Now you do realize that if you get my daughter pregnant, and you have a child, you're going to have to go through 8 more dungeons filled with monsters to rescue that one too, right?"

I nodded meekly, not wanting to do that again.  "Yes, sir."

I woke up shortly after while carrying in all her damn luggage.  I'm guessing we didn't sire an heir that night.

Alex

• the Slug
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 29, 2008, 02:31:45 PM »

I had a nightmare that I was being stalked by a Spy that looked like Lyrai the other day.  Every time I tried to do anything, she would sap it.  It was terrible up until that amazing moment where you discover that you're dreaming and can't subtly control how things work.

And then there was a pyro who looked like Lyrai.  ::(: I must secretly hate myself.

MadMAxJr

• Tested
    • View Profile
    • RPG Q&A
« Reply #35 on: July 30, 2008, 08:14:44 AM »

If you dream in team fortress, you simply have to dream of the next class patch being in your favor.
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt." - Bertrand Russell

Got questions about RPGs?

Classic

• Happens more often than you'd think.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 30, 2008, 12:45:24 PM »

Today I dreamt that I missed the last day of class, and my final. I wept aloud at my inability to get up and face the day, and woke up feeling hoarse. Thankfully, I'd only overslept through half of the class, and today wasn't the final.

Brentai

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 30, 2008, 01:52:43 PM »

That dream at one time belong to me.

Excepting, it isn't a dream.

Also I am have it more times than one.

Arc

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 30, 2008, 02:45:55 PM »

Inside a snow boarding shop doubling as a coffee house.

Not much happening. Some boarders in the corner laying on a fashionable couch, reading magazines.

Bought some multi-colored candy that came in small, clear plastic choo-choo trains. The name of the candy on the label?

Change It To Brentai, complete with slick, market-tested font.

"So that's where that name comes from." I said aloud to myself.

Brentai

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 30, 2008, 03:28:35 PM »

It is with science designed for giving at small sons and daughters.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 49