Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 49

Author Topic: Adventures in Slumberland  (Read 70131 times)

Arc

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
Re: Adventures in Slumberland
« Reply #80 on: October 13, 2008, 10:44:31 PM »

Then the choice is clear. Post up some pictures of your hot, younger sister.

François

• Huh.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 16, 2008, 06:58:10 AM »

I dreamed Stephen Harper and John McCain switched places. McCain became Prime Minister of Canada, and Harper later beat Obama and became President of the United States.

:ohshi~: :ohshi~: :ohshi~:

Royal☭

• Supreme Court Judge President
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 26, 2008, 08:13:19 PM »

Terrible dream last night.  Everyone I know suddenly decided to vote for McCain.  This sudden change in vote was country wide, and McCain suddenly gain an insurmountable lead on Obama.  After winning the election, McCain came over and shot my dog in the face.

François

• Huh.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 26, 2008, 03:34:18 PM »

I'm doing generic research alone on a strange tropical island. There's no beach in sight, only cliffs with giant carvings of faces in them. Looked like Moai, interpreted by Inca. Anyhow, one day a strange military force invades and sets up a harbor and some sort of outpost. I figure it's time to make myself scarce before I'm found out and captured, so I radio my supply ship to come get me.

As luck would have it, the ship is itself captured while approaching the island. I manage to sneak in, but my attempts to rescue to crew are moot as the captain has been shot dead, and the army guys have broken all the lights on the ship.

Now the lights thing is more important than you'd think. All over the Earth, it's always nighttime at sea; the sun sets as soon as you lose sight of land. Navigational instruments don't work in this strange darkness, and ships without sufficient lighting are inevitably attacked by mysterious shadow monsters. So needless to say the supply ship is fucked.

Fortunately, the invaders are accompanied by a hired lightship, a dedicated vessel that act as a mobile lighthouse, crewed by experienced sailors who know their routes enough not to need navigational aids; these lightships guide groups of standard ships all over the world and attempt to rescue boats lost in darkness. As it happens, I used to work on that particular ship and the captain was kind of a mentor to me. I tell him his employers are shady assholes and convince him to strand them on the island.

So it all turns out good. The rescued supply crew are okay, I'm glad to meet up with old buddies, and I realize I never should have left that ship to begin with.

My vision fades to black as we sail away. A moment passes, and words appear in a pixelated font. It's almost like a chapter break in Shining Force.

"There comes a time when everything falls in to place, and it feels like your life is going to be all right after all."
"But it never lasts."
"A new day came, and I knew I would never be the same again..."

And while this text appears, a sad melody plays. Sounds like an old school PC game song. I don't even get a chance to see what happens next, because that's when I wake up and open my eyes. But the song still plays in my head, over and over again.

I immediately got up and made this MIDI of it. It's a perfect replica; it sounds exactly the same as it did in my head.

Now I wonder if my subconscious ripped off something or if it's genuine dream music.

Defenestration

• The Sixth Window
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 26, 2008, 03:38:57 PM »

The music sounds vaguely familiar... but I can't place it.
Una salus victis nullam sperare salutem

Friday

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 27, 2008, 06:48:01 PM »

You know, the terror you get when you realize you are dreaming and cannot wake up while the creatures draw close to your bed, your body refusing to move because it is asleep as you try to scream in order to get someone to come and wake you up but all that comes out is a low moan as the nameless faceless shadow leans over you and puts his fucking hands around your neck and then smiles at you

and then you wake up

I refuse to believe that this is purely my sub-brain or father issues fucking with me.

Do other people routinely have nightmares like this? What the fuck is going on? Is this some sort of message sent from my Jungian shadow or something? Am I afraid of being raped? Or have I just played too much Silent Hill?

No, I'm seriously asking for input. Because I'm starting to get sick of it, and honestly, it's getting worse as time goes on.

JDigital

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 27, 2008, 06:51:33 PM »

have you tried dreaming of kittens instead

Kashan

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 27, 2008, 06:52:05 PM »

You know, the terror you get when you realize you are dreaming and cannot wake up while the creatures draw close to your bed, your body refusing to move because it is asleep as you try to scream in order to get someone to come and wake you up but all that comes out is a low moan as the nameless faceless shadow leans over you and puts his fucking hands around your neck and then smiles at you

and then you wake up

I refuse to believe that this is purely my sub-brain or father issues fucking with me.

Do other people routinely have nightmares like this? What the fuck is going on? Is this some sort of message sent from my Jungian shadow or something? Am I afraid of being raped? Or have I just played too much Silent Hill?

No, I'm seriously asking for input. Because I'm starting to get sick of it, and honestly, it's getting worse as time goes on.

Oh that. That's the trauma from a future event being strong enough that it ripples back in time as a warning. Like PTSD except the P strands for pre.

Friday

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 27, 2008, 06:54:28 PM »

have you tried dreaming of kittens instead

Yes but their handles were on the wrong side

Zaratustra

• what
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Zaratustra Productions
« Reply #89 on: November 27, 2008, 07:01:58 PM »

dreaming of being tangled or unable to move is pretty frequent as your brain tries to correlate dream information with not being able to move the body (because you're asleep)

next time you dream of that call zara and zara will come

Kazz

• Projekt Direktor
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: November 27, 2008, 07:02:46 PM »

i used to get "you can't move and shit's going to kill you" dreams.

i think it was because my older siblings liked to sit on my head when i was young and it was terrifying.

also i hate that thing where you're not asleep and you lose your motor control and your body becomes filled with fear and it takes every single bit of your willpower not to allow yourself to fall unconscious.  that doesn't happen often but there is a name for it.

JDigital

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 27, 2008, 07:05:58 PM »

...fainting?

Kazz

• Projekt Direktor
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 27, 2008, 07:08:10 PM »

night terrors

best class in WAR

LaserBeing

• invisible murder cube
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 27, 2008, 07:11:42 PM »

Sounds like sleep paralysis or possibly night terrors.

I get these too sometimes, although my hallucinations are generally more subtle. Usually it'll just be like an intangible presence in the room, or a weight on top of me. And yeah, they're pretty fucking disturbing.

The most striking one I can recall, I was lying paralysed in such a position that I couldn't directly see the goblin loping toward me, but I could see its shadow on the wall as it got closer and closer. Remember the scene at the very beginning of the Ralph Bakshi Lord of the Rings where it shows the live-action silhouettes of Gollum strangling his cousin? Yeah, it was like that.

Which is to say, yes, I was being stalked by a murderous hobbit and it scared the shit out of me

Büge

• won't give you fleaz
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 27, 2008, 07:20:09 PM »

Hmm. Sometimes while I'm falling asleep I get this sensation of... distortion. You know how you're watching a movie and they do that telephoto lens shift? sort of like that, but in all three dimensions.

LaserBeing

• invisible murder cube
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 27, 2008, 07:36:32 PM »

I have this thing where sometimes if I'm thinking too much as I'm falling asleep, I'll do it wrong somehow, and I'll start dreaming about wandering around a very mundane, normal area, except I'll eventually start floating and then helplessly sink through the floor as if I had noclip turned on. Then I'll wake up. It's not particularly upsetting, it's just weird that the same thing happens so often.

LaserBeing

• invisible murder cube
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 27, 2008, 08:00:59 PM »

Thankfully my King of Nightmares merged with me a few years back, so now he tends to cart me off to see things instead of sucking out my soul. Maybe you should become the Faceless Strangler?

A friend of mine told me about the recurring shadow creature that lived in his basement and would try to drag him down the stairs night after night, until one time he finally transformed into some kind of werebeast and devoured it horribly. He never dreamed about it again.

A little while later he started having dreams about slaughtering his family.

Friday

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 27, 2008, 08:03:22 PM »

Lee-Ham's friend

Norondor

• Where I'm at is: Fuck you, get shot
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 27, 2008, 08:23:11 PM »

I don't have nightmares, anymore. I don't lie awake at night waiting to fall asleep. I don't have night terrors, or sleep paralysis, or any other such thing. Wherever i lay my head, people sleep peacefully and deep.

I have associated with people who suffer constant nightmares before and i have cured or alleviated them in a way i do not understand myself.

:sandman:

Romosome

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 27, 2008, 09:49:11 PM »

you guys are the worst support group ever and this is why I never talk about my dreams on this board

not even the ones about Thad's mom
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 49